The Villages hopping south of the turnpike

Closed Thread
Old 03-29-2016, 08:45 AM
Gold member

If the Government ever gets turned over to the residents, the permanent residents will dominate, the seasonal population will be doomed and then we will see just how important the seasonal population is to TV as housing prices plummet due to a huge decline in demand.
Old 03-29-2016, 08:51 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
You will only get a speeding ticket if you are more than 5 mph, @ that speed you will get a warning. In all reality a 15 mph difference between vehicles is unsafe.

Police in Fl will most likely ticket you for speeding once you are 9mph above the posted limit, that's when $$$ kicks in.
a $250 ticket
Old 03-29-2016, 08:53 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagerjack View Post
If the Government ever gets turned over to the residents, the permanent residents will dominate, the seasonal population will be doomed and then we will see just how important the seasonal population is to TV as housing prices plummet due to a huge decline in demand.
omg you better sell quick, the sky is falling!!!
Old 03-29-2016, 08:55 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I am not sure what you are referring to. The "Government" is the CDDs and the county and you get to vote for your CDD representatives. The Developer has positions initially on each CDD but they eventually age off as all the homes sell.

Quote:
Old 03-29-2016, 09:04 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Four districts have already been turned over to the residents. I haven't noticed any difference.
Old 03-29-2016, 09:14 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

Quote:
Villagerjack I agree real estate is all about demand and The Village Developer does a tremendous job of marketing The Villages. If or when there is "buildout", prices could go down a bit because of demand but I doubt they will plummet. Some think prices of resales will go up but that is not the trend in other retirement communities that have built out. Of course, there is no place like The Villages so who really knows---most of us will have "passed" by build out anyway---a sobering thought.
Old 03-29-2016, 09:20 AM
Veteran member

Looks like the property is very close to the Coleman Federal Correctional facility.
Old 03-29-2016, 09:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,160 Times in 2,252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhood View Post
Looks like the property is very close to the Coleman Federal Correctional facility.
Yes, that is going to CDD 13.
Old 03-29-2016, 09:24 AM

They may include a couple golf courses and a rec center or two in Fenney, but more Fenny residents will be coming to the existing contiguous villages for activities than the reverse. They will not be widening Morse Blvd. or Buena Vista, for increased traffic, nor adding extra gates where lines already sometimes exist.

Perhaps most importantly it confirms how much many home buyers were lied to when told that "this is the final village", and that the developer has now eliminated the need for additional villages to even be contiguous to "The Villages". They are opening the floodgates and now there is no limit is sight. If they can toss in thousands of new houses from 4 miles outside "The Villages", I see nothing preventing them from doing the same 10 miles away, or 30 miles away, etc. In effect, they are selling perpetual yearly passes to this adult Disneyworld to anyone they wish to, thus revealing the lie of having been told the amenities are only available to residents of "The Villages". Yes, they neglected to add that the definition of "The Villages" will always be open to change by the developer.
I will be glad to be shown otherwise, but at this point I see no impediment to the developer taking over other developments in which houses already exist, and bringing them "into the fold". Sure, they will make more money building houses, but if demand for that declines, will they really refuse to open another money tap just because it is less profitable?
Old 03-29-2016, 09:33 AM
Sage

As I said before the last rec center will be in St.Pete-ge ready to change the Name of Florida to the State of the Villages
Old 03-29-2016, 09:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,318 Times in 872 Posts

Nothing in the article mentions an over 55 community......might be similar to what he is doing in the Panhandle.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 03-29-2016, 09:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

This announcement will only add to the attractiveness of new commercial businesses coming to the "area".......maybe even some we have always wanted.

The so called center of gravity for TV has been one that moves. First Spanish Springs was the center piece......then in 2005 along came Sumter Square and TV and commercial enterprice grew all around it.......then Brownwood2012(?) and if the past is an indicator (and in the case of TV and it's draw, it most certainly is) ....there will be significant commercial growth South along and South of 44.....44A.....466A.
Old 03-29-2016, 09:56 AM

In the article I read in today's Sun, there is no mention of pools or MMP to built in Fenny. If we thought things were crowded already, buckle up! Perhaps it will all stop at the Gulf or Atlantic? How much is too much? Is this really what we bought into originally? Very similar to the "Welcome Gate" surprise we discovered too late. Guess one should never assume the sales people are not deceptive. Now we understand Brownwood's location. We will simply learn from these things and attempt to look at every little detail before buying anywhere again. There are valid reasons for rushing potential buyers to get the money on the table and not all are related to demand.
Old 03-29-2016, 10:01 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Villagerjack I agree real estate is all about demand and The Village Developer does a tremendous job of marketing The Villages. If or when there is "buildout", prices could go down a bit because of demand but I doubt they will plummet. Some think prices of resales will go up but that is not the trend in other retirement communities that have built out. Of course, there is no place like The Villages so who really knows---most of us will have "passed" by build out anyway---a sobering thought.
Amenities are still under the control of the CDD and if residents ever get control, clubs will form to squeeze out seasonal residents. It has happened in a lot of over 55 communities but not here, thank God. In places like Sun City Hilton Head, Clubs have overtaken many activities ( they want year rounders) and that is why you don't see many snowbirds there. Result..my home here has gone up about 35% since I bought in 2007.while the home I own and rent in SCHH has declined 25% since 2007. I am not trying to be negative, only to present the facts as they are.
Old 03-29-2016, 10:09 AM
Soaring Eagle member

The ink isn't dry on the morning paper and already the sky is falling ;-) Just as Villages on the north side have no impact on my daily life, the Village of Fenney will most likely have no impact either. The Developer has effectively scaled the resources up as The Villages as grown and businesses follow where the money is. Sure, there are a few issues such as Morse above 466 but overall the Developer has done a good job of managing growth. It would be prudent to wait and see the exact plans before drawing any conclusions. For example, I doubt there will be golf cart access but we don't know for sure (unless someone has some inside information). They appear to be planning to maintain the same ratio of homes to executive courses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditka41 View Post
In the article I read in today's Sun, there is no mention of pools or MMP to built in Fenny. If we thought things were crowded already, buckle up! Perhaps it will all stop at the Gulf or Atlantic? How much is too much? Is this really what we bought into originally? Very similar to the "Welcome Gate" surprise we discovered too late. Guess one should never assume the sales people are not deceptive. Now we understand Brownwood's location. We will simply learn from these things and attempt to look at every little detail before buying anywhere again. There are valid reasons for rushing potential buyers to get the money on the table and not all are related to demand.

Last edited by tuccillo; 03-29-2016 at 10:57 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, fenney, village, turnpike, south, part, nearby, property, intersection, southeast, u.s, interchange, florida, county, road, proposed, spring, 1, 000, words, mention, manifest, destiny, heard, hopping, hmmm

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.