Villages ladies packing??

Closed Thread
Old 09-27-2015, 07:21 PM
Platinum member
Default Villages ladies packing??

I have a question for the fine people on TOTV. Recently there was a posting on Facebook regarding carrying guns. I'm not looking for any nasty comments. I'm just concerned about a statement that a person posted and I want to know if any of you believe it to be true. If it is true, it bothers me tremendously. I don't like the idea of drunk ladies "packing" a gun in their purse. I will quote exactly what was posted. By drunk, I am referring to the squares, not the stores. This is the quote:

"Most of the woman I know in TV carry a gun (packing) in their purse in the squares, Walmart, supermarket...drug store...movies...maybe that is why you feel so safe in TV. You have no idea who has a gun and who doesn't. You live in the south. It is for your safety as well as theirs. No one advertises that they are packing, but I assure you if you believe that most Villagers, especially retired military don't have a gun, you are very very naive"

I am only curious if this "lady" is off her rocker or if you believe that there are a lot of females with pistols in their purses? Opinions? ......and Gracie, I don't mean water pistols.
Old 09-27-2015, 07:35 PM
Sage

I tried finding the quote in Facebook. Could you point me to the page?
Old 09-27-2015, 07:42 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,043 Times in 369 Posts

I think most likely there are a few. I doubt the percentage is disproportionate to anywhere else. That's just my opinion of course.
Old 09-27-2015, 07:48 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
I tried finding the quote in Facebook. Could you point me to the page?
It's in a thread about Coyotes. I don't want to name the person who started the thread for his privacy. It's in the regular Villages Facebook page. I also won't name the "lady" who made the comment. (At least I won't name her here)
Old 09-27-2015, 07:52 PM

If a resident has a concealed carry permit, or a concealed carry from a state that has reciprocity with Florida there is no reason why they can't carry a handgun. The purpose of concealed carry is just that.....concealed. As long as they follow the laws there shouldn't be any problem. The remainder of the population wouldn't even know it
Old 09-27-2015, 08:07 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred R View Post
If a resident has a concealed carry permit, or a concealed carry from a state that has reciprocity with Florida there is no reason why they can't carry a handgun. The purpose of concealed carry is just that.....concealed. As long as they follow the laws there shouldn't be any problem. The remainder of the population wouldn't even know it
I know this and I get it. I simply question that so many seniors in TV carry, that's all.

I guess maybe this person who made the statement hangs out with the same personality type as she is, so it would make sense that most everyone that she associates with carries a weapon in their purse.
Old 09-27-2015, 08:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryann View Post
It's in a thread about Coyotes. I don't want to name the person who started the thread for his privacy. It's in the regular Villages Facebook page. I also won't name the "lady" who made the comment. (At least I won't name her here)
I didn't know there was a village facebook page. I tend to avoid that site. I don't want anymore information about who said what. I found the Facebook home page. thank-you

To answer your question, I have no idea.
Old 09-27-2015, 08:25 PM
Sage

We can't run, we can't fight anymore & we represent vulnerabality-- therefore;we carry
Old 09-27-2015, 08:28 PM
Platinum member

Has anyone read about any "drunk ladies" going Jessie James and popplng off a few rounds. I'm more worried with drunk drivers. I like the idea of citizens carrying.
Old 09-27-2015, 08:33 PM
Sage
Default Villages ladies packing??

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryann View Post
I know this and I get it. I simply question that so many seniors in TV carry, that's all.

I guess maybe this person who made the statement hangs out with the same personality type as she is, so it would make sense that most everyone that she associates with carries a weapon in their purse.

GA - Why do you question? It's a constitutional right. If your assumption is that everyone who associates with an individual who has a CWP, has a CWP also, seems a strange extrapolation to me. Have I misunderstood you?

Last edited by dbussone; 09-27-2015 at 08:40 PM.
Old 09-27-2015, 08:43 PM

I think it's great people in the villages are armed. It helps keep the crime down. I would hate for everyone to think with all the senior citizens live there it's easy picking. I am sure it makes criminals a little uneasy knowing they get caught committing a crime in the villages and they could end up looking like swiss cheese.
Old 09-27-2015, 08:45 PM
Callaway Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
We can't run, we can't fight anymore & we represent vulnerabality-- therefore;we carry
Ditto; we don't leave home without them. We'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6. In TV, we're not concerned, but there is a lot of trash that lives on the fringes of TV.
Old 09-27-2015, 08:58 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
GA - Why do you question? It's a constitutional right. If your assumption is that everyone who associates with an individual who has a CWP, has a CWP also, seems a strange extrapolation to me. Have I misunderstood you?
I'm not questioning anything. I'm fully aware that it is their right. The person that made the statement claims that most every lady she knows carry a a gun in their purse. I was simply wondering if anyone feels that this may be a true statement? Unlike a lot of you, I think that if a female carries a gun, she makes her friends aware of it...not the general public...her friends. I guess just the thought of elderly females walking around Walmart with a gun is unsettling.

I think the moderator should probably put this thread to bed. Too many gun righters need to comment. That's not what I was looking for. Carry on....after all it's your right.
Old 09-27-2015, 09:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,318 Times in 872 Posts

So is the assumption that you are ok with drunk men packing?

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 09-27-2015, 09:03 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
So is the assumption that you are ok with drunk men packing?
That's a mature comment.

I'm not ok with anyone drunk having a gun on there person or purse.
Closed Thread

Tags
gun, packing, drunk, idea, purse, squares, ladies, true, pistols, lot, females, safety, purses, opinions, safe, south, live, advertises, villagers, assure, curious, retired, naive, lady, military

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.