Villages monthly fees only

Closed Thread
Old 03-18-2015, 08:57 AM
Smile Villages monthly fees only

Hi, I'm new here, so please forgive me if I'm posting in the wrong section. I'm thinking of moving to the Villages. I've been hearing about the Villages monthly fees. Can someone explain to me what are those fees. I heard there are CDD fees, amenities fees and I'm not sure what the others were. Also aside of those fees, are there fees separately for courtyard villas or any other villas. I'm interested in the Sumter landing area. I just need to know what the Villages charges per month. I know you can't be to specific due to house/lot size, but any information is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

Go to The Villages - Florida's Friendliest Retirement Hometown - New Home Sales, Home Resales, Build Your Dream Home, Brownwood Paddock Square there are some contact phone numbers that will connect you with a local sales rep. They will be able to answer all of your questions in detail. The new Fruitland Park area infrastructure will be financed differently for how the other areas were financed. By contact the villages directly, you should get straight answers.
Hope this helps.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

As far as I know, there is one fee. It's called an amenities fee. It's about $145 per month. From what I understand it varies a small amount depending on where you live.

There is also a bond on new homes. These can either be paid in full when buying a new home or included in your mortgage payment. If you buy a pre owned home and the bond hasn't been paid in full, you are responsible for the balance of the bond.

I don't know of any other fees. perhaps people that live in villas can chime as to whether or not the pay additional fees.

I've never heard of CDD fees. It might be included in your property taxes.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:50 AM
Gold member

http://www.thevillages.com/images/CostofLiving.pdf

Try the above PDFs.
Old 03-18-2015, 10:41 AM

Amenity fee is $145 per month. In addition, an yearly maintenance assessment is included on the tax bill. This varies by district but mine is about $ 588 per year. No seperate fees for villas.
Old 03-18-2015, 11:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeV View Post
Mike,

That was the form I remember seeing but could not find when I pasted the link, thanks for supplying the info to OP.
Old 03-18-2015, 12:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach View Post
Amenity fee is $145 per month. In addition, an yearly maintenance assessment is included on the tax bill. This varies by district but mine is about $ 588 per year. No seperate fees for villas.
I have never heard of this fee. Can anyone elaborate? Thanks
Old 03-18-2015, 01:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
As far as I know, there is one fee. It's called an amenities fee. It's about $145 per month. From what I understand it varies a small amount depending on where you live.

There is also a bond on new homes. These can either be paid in full when buying a new home or included in your mortgage payment. If you buy a pre owned home and the bond hasn't been paid in full, you are responsible for the balance of the bond.

I don't know of any other fees. perhaps people that live in villas can chime as to whether or not the pay additional fees.

I've never heard of CDD fees. It might be included in your property taxes.
There is an annual Maintenance Fee also.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 03-18-2015, 01:38 PM

Here is a website that shows CDD fees and bond amounts. There is also a fire protection fee usually around $85 per year I have been told.

http://root.z57.com/filemanager/uplo...82c3b72577.pdf
Old 03-18-2015, 02:57 PM
Location: The Villages (previous: Kittery & Eliot Maine, Portsmouth & Barrington NH, Uncasville CT)

I have never gotten a yearly maintenance fee or a fire protection fee. Been here over 4 years.
Old 03-18-2015, 03:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingoFlo View Post
I have never gotten a yearly maintenance fee or a fire protection fee. Been here over 4 years.
Look at the bottom part of your last property tax bill. There they are!
Old 03-18-2015, 03:25 PM

My amentity fee is 147.58, since October 2014 back then it was 145.00 per month. No explaination on why it went up 2.58 per month, guess they're trying to confuse me. My other newer property here is 145.00 per month.....so far. I went to a CDD seminar and they were unable to explain why...just a 'gift' to new residents I guess. Bend over!
Old 03-18-2015, 03:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

[QUOTE=capecoralbill;1030681]My amentity fee is 147.58, since October 2014 back then it was 145.00 per month. No explaination on why it went up 2.58 per month, guess they're trying to confuse me. My other newer property here is 145.00 per month.....so far. I went to a CDD seminar and they were unable to explain why...just a 'gift' to new residents I guess. Bend over![/QUOTE]

Bet you didn't mean that. I bet you love it here just like most of us do and feel that the fees are very reasonable.
Old 03-18-2015, 03:30 PM

Further more, there are two CDD annual fees on your tax bill, unless the bond is paid off, then there is still one CDD annual maintenance fee, and even though they are on your tax bill they are not income tax deductible. This is a strange place with many conflicting rules, fees and lots of other confusing things , such as you cannot ride your bicycle on most of the paths they are golf cart only, but there are NO SIGNS that say so!
Old 03-18-2015, 04:34 PM
Gold member
Location: Bought Tamarind Grove, Mercer Island Wa, previously NH,FLA,Hi,CT,CA,GA, Hubby from Hawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingoFlo View Post
It is included in your property tax bill if you look at the break out it is there at least for sumter county, If you live in Lady Lake your property related fees are different as I understand it because it is an incorporated town and more is included in the property taxes..

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.