Villages q1 2024 market update

Old 04-24-2024, 10:08 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,063 Times in 542 Posts
Default No Cuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
I fail to understand why the Fed should cut interest rates since they are really where they should be or maybe a percent or two higher. When did "free money" to buy anything you want become the norm? And please don't tell me 1-3% doesn't equate to free money. It's price of homes that needs to adjust and drop accordingly.
I agree, why cut rates at all? They won’t till the fall or even at all this year. The new norm is setting in and prices have to be driven down in homes. Those who bought in 2020 or 2021, Merry Christmas if you borrowed at 2.5%. Those days are long gone now. Nobody is going to pay those loans off early. Interest rates need to stay in the 7-10% range.

“Everyone may not be good, but there's always something good in everyone. Never judge anyone shortly because every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” - Oscar Wilde
Old 04-24-2024, 10:21 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,373 Times in 1,456 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normal View Post
The average or sometimes called the mean can be very misleading with so many outliers. The current market is influenced by aggressive price cuts. The price cuts do help more houses move in fewer days.

What I have found very interesting about Florida retirement housing markets are the similarities. Take a look at Sun City by Tampa. It showed slowing signs about 2 months ago and now inventory is climbing through the roof. If what has happened in the past holds true, it will be a blood bath soon for sellers here. It will be a 100% buyers market.
This is not similar to what has happened in the past. The last time loans were being given to anyone, even those that they knew could not afford them and the prices sky rocketed on homes. Fast forward a couple years they were all in foreclosure, tons of vacant homes hit the market, and the prices tanked. That is not the case here, Prices are high due to inflation, and lack of inventory. There are thousands of buyers out there waiting for rates to come down that will jump in and buy at the current high prices as soon as a rate drop happens, if it ever does. 7% is still a bargain when compared to rates 30 years ago.
Old 04-24-2024, 10:25 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,800 Times in 736 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
This is not similar to what has happened in the past. The last time loans were being given to anyone, even those that they knew could not afford them and the prices sky rocketed on homes. Fast forward a couple years they were all in foreclosure, tons of vacant homes hit the market, and the prices tanked. That is not the case here, Prices are high due to inflation, and lack of inventory. There are thousands of buyers out there waiting for rates to come down that will jump in and buy at the current high prices as soon as a rate drop happens, if it ever does. 7% is still a bargain when compared to rates 30 years ago.

I think what is being missed is that one of the reasons interest rates are manipulated over time is to force people to put their money into the pyramid scheme, ah.... stock market, to make any type of gains. One cannot be elected if the stock market is bottoming to it's actual value.
Old 04-24-2024, 10:43 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,777 Times in 515 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robnlaura View Post
That’s how the developer builds all those nice golf courses and dance areas. O and he charges you another fee to use those facilities!! You don’t think the builder builds nice areas for nothing lol
Why would they? Why would anyone with half a brain?
Old 04-24-2024, 02:09 PM
Default Makes no diff they get 40-50k from each home and that pays for probably

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Wrong, close by no cigar.
(actually, not even close)

Bonds funded: Infrastructure includes storm water systems, underground pump stations, water retention areas, curbs, gutters, streetlights, transportation trails, underground piping, etc.
Wrong answer

In The Villages, property bonds are used to finance many of the community's amenities, including golf courses, recreation centers, and swimming pools. When a new facility is proposed, the developers of The Villages will issue a property bond to finance its construction. The bond is then sold to investors, who receive interest payments over the life of the bond.

I guess you forgot the “ect” part. This is all about infrastructure period.
Old 04-24-2024, 02:38 PM

Not sure why no one understands what a cdd pays for.. What is the Community Development District in our community specifically responsible for?
The CDD may provide the following publicly-owned elements:
Recreation, Executive Golf Courses, Public Safety, Neighborhood and Village Watch Services, Gate Houses
Off-site road improvements, streets, sidewalks, street signs and street lighting. This will be transferred to the County for maintenance
Water management. Including main line irrigation, lake and water control structures
Conservation areas
Water and sewer facilities, which will be transferred to the appropriate franchised utility
Landscaping and entry features
Old 04-24-2024, 02:42 PM
Default More

Florida created CDDs, a particular kind of local government, to make it easier to finance and manage infrastructure and services in planned communities. To finance the construction of infrastructure, such as roads, water and sewer facilities, stormwater management systems, and recreational amenities, CDDs, as special-purpose governmental units, have the right to issue tax-exempt municipal bonds. Notable CDDs include the Reedy Creek Improvement District, the location of Walt Disney World and currently the center of a power struggle in the State of Florida, as well as substantially all of The Villages, the giant Central Florida retirement community.
Old 04-24-2024, 03:29 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,791 Times in 3,654 Posts

Quote:
Wrong answer
Just cut and pasted off their website.

Go read it and educate what THEY SAY.

Hope your day improves.................not enjoying the hatred.

Last edited by dewilson58; 04-24-2024 at 04:19 PM.
Old 04-24-2024, 04:22 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,791 Times in 3,654 Posts

Quote:
I guess you forgot the “ect” part.
Did not forget, jus don't know what "ect" is.

Old 04-24-2024, 04:36 PM
Default Funny

Quote:
Just cut and pasted off their website.

Go read it and educate what THEY SAY.

Hope your day improves.................not enjoying the hatred.
I have had a great day laughing at…
Old 04-24-2024, 04:38 PM
Default Look !

Quote:
Did not forget, jus don't know what "ect" is.

Right at the bottom of the villages story .. this is about infrastructure! Pretty good explanations out there.
Old 04-24-2024, 04:52 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,373 Times in 1,456 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
I think what is being missed is that one of the reasons interest rates are manipulated over time is to force people to put their money into the pyramid scheme, ah.... stock market, to make any type of gains. One cannot be elected if the stock market is bottoming to it's actual value.
Investors can take their profits and run anytime they wish. Also one WILL be elected if the stock market has bottomed, no doubt about it.
Old 04-27-2024, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altavia View Post
Villages real estate
market update
first quarter 2024
Thank you for sharing. We are looking to buy in Eastport!
Old 04-27-2024, 08:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,800 Times in 1,258 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlejsek@sbcglobal.net View Post
Thank you for sharing. We are looking to buy in Eastport!
They've broken ground for about a dozen new Villages within 3-4 mi of Eastport that are in various stages of site prep and construction.

They historically complete about 3 Villages a year, so they likely will be building in that area the next 3-4 years.

Good luck!

Last edited by Altavia; 04-27-2024 at 08:51 PM.
Old 04-28-2024, 06:47 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,800 Times in 736 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
Investors can take their profits and run anytime they wish. Also one WILL be elected if the stock market has bottomed, no doubt about it.

Yeah, I should have said re-elected if the stock market tanks around November in an election year.

An investor can take what is currently left of his investment in a down year and run. I agree.

Tags
villages, market, update, real, estate

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.