Villages Q4 Market Update

Old 01-29-2024, 07:08 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
If there is a water or marsh view, then there could be a GATOR waiting to greet that dog that is running loose
https://youtu.be/z7DMjQJD7vM?si=PkSOSIkStxi-1Bfb
Old 01-29-2024, 08:08 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Vernon View Post
The reductions by TV on new homes has made many preowned 100k more expensive than equivalent. As existing owners have a desire/need to sell they will take a reduced price or be forced into the short-term rental market. I hope I am wrong because it will reduce the quality of life for residents.
Preowned has usually been much higher since “07” so not much change there. Many buy different home here, keep 1or 2 as rentals, so usually not forced into rental.

But I can tell you by experience two of our homes sold with tenants in place quicker than an empty house for us in TV. Many buyers are still working, and nothing is better than guaranteed cash flow on a house with no worries of finding a tenant on their own.
Old 01-30-2024, 07:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,913 Times in 918 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidWestIA View Post
Why do they send us that I mean you have a house so who cares. Well looking around at all the cheaper housing & apartments building up all around maybe they are trying to convince me it's getting overbuilt and start thinking about Texas again. Doesn't look like the amenities are keeping up with their CHEAP infrastructure invest going south
I can't figure out why they send this to existing home owners either. Other than maybe word of mouth to their friends. But with the internet, its just as easy to see what's available than not. . .

hoomans. . . i guess
Old 01-31-2024, 05:34 PM
Veteran member

Sales in my area have picked up. Maybe the price reductions have helped, and holidays being over. During Nov/December there were usually about 8 under agreement. One would sell, another come under agreement.

For January there are now 15 under agreement. This is just one little part of Lake Denham. Of course, all the view sites were gone long ago.

The Villages Florida
Old 01-31-2024, 07:19 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,777 Times in 3,645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
I can't figure out why they send this to existing home owners either. Other than maybe word of mouth to their friends. But with the internet, its just as easy to see what's available than not. . .
Marketing.

It's amazing information...............like no other place in the USA.

Sharing the good news.

Old 02-01-2024, 07:54 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post

hoomans. . . i guess
Yes, “Word of mouth to their friends” that’s what got me to look and buy here! The internet is just not the same motivator as a friend’s glowing testimonial!
And it goes on and on, because I’ve also shared my positive experiences with friends!

Tags
villages, market, update, results

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.