The Villages Refused Parcar to attend golf fest

Closed Thread
Old 03-09-2016, 04:39 PM
Gold member
Thumbs down The Villages Refused Parcar to attend golf fest

I just received mail from Parcar that said they had been refused to attend the golf fest this year. They have been involved with this event for the past 10 years. Par car sent an ad to the Daily Sun on Jan. 26 and they were advised that the paper would not run the ad. On Feb 25 they submitted another paid ad to declare their objection to the first ad being rejected. On Feb 26 wanted to run a radio ad voicing their objection. The ad was denied. They also wanted to post an ad for their Freedomfest with no mention of the other ad problems. They were refused.

It seems to me, assuming all this info is correct, that the Villages do not want any competition to their Village Golf Cart enterprise. I don't know whether the other companies such as Star, EZ go, and the Streetrod company are also being treated like this. I wonder if they will be allowed to show at the Golf Fest. Talk about freedom of speech.

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 03-09-2016, 05:24 PM
Platinum member

Very interesting if they are indeed keeping the competition out.
Old 03-09-2016, 05:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDog View Post
I just received mail from Parcar that said they had been refused to attend the golf fest this year. They have been involved with this event for the past 10 years. Par car sent an ad to the Daily Sun on Jan. 26 and they were advised that the paper would not run the ad. On Feb 25 they submitted another paid ad to declare their objection to the first ad being rejected. On Feb 26 wanted to run a radio ad voicing their objection. The ad was denied. They also wanted to post an ad for their Freedomfest with no mention of the other ad problems. They were refused.

It seems to me, assuming all this info is correct, that the Villages do not want any competition to their Village Golf Cart enterprise. I don't know whether the other companies such as Star, EZ go, and the Streetrod company are also being treated like this. I wonder if they will be allowed to show at the Golf Fest. Talk about freedom of speech.

John

Someone could call Golffest organizer and get to the bottom of it. And call Daily Sun. They put in ads from other local developers. Some information seems to be missing. Here's the number to the Golffest...;

The Villages Golf Festival

Last edited by graciegirl; 03-09-2016 at 05:42 PM.
Old 03-10-2016, 07:31 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

Not fair.
Old 03-10-2016, 07:39 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Not sure where freedom of speech fits in. Newspapers, radio stations, media in general are free to refuse advertising for whatever reason. Private events are free to pick and choose who can attend their events. Advertisers are free to send out flyers, etc. to protest this refusal, which is exactly what happened here.

It will be interesting to see if other dealers are also banned from the Golffest. If they are, then OP's theory that it is the developer's way of promoting The Villages Golf Cart only. Is correct. If not, then there are probably other issues of which we are not aware.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 03-10-2016, 07:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Not sure where freedom of speech fits in. Newspapers, radio stations, media in general are free to refuse advertising for whatever reason. Private events are free to pick and choose who can attend their events. Advertisers are free to send out flyers, etc. to protest this refusal, which is exactly what happened here.

It will be interesting to see if other dealers are also banned from the Golffest. If they are, then OP's theory that it is the developer's way of promoting The Villages Golf Cart only. Is correct. If not, then there are probably other issues of which we are not aware.

WHERE have you been Red? Did someone pay the ransom? Missed you.
Old 03-10-2016, 08:54 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

At a club meeting, an event chairperson informed members that golf car club sponsors who were locate outside the bubble would not be allowed in the future to help fund club events held in the bubble. Hopefully, those merchants located inside the bubble will step up to help fill the funding void.
Old 03-10-2016, 08:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
Not fair.
Nothing to do with being fair or not. It's business. Would a Chevy dealer sponsoring an event let a Ford dealer come in with a display?
Old 03-10-2016, 09:09 AM
Gold member

If you want Parcars information about this you can go to ParCar Freedom Fest for more details.

I will be curious to see whether other golf cart dealers will show at golffest

Add .com to above address.

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 03-10-2016, 09:11 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Not surprising at all. Sounds like typical developer's business tactics to me. All Parcar has to do is agree to pay the vig.
Old 03-10-2016, 09:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDog View Post
If you want Parcars information about this you can go to ParCar Freedom Fest for more details.

I will be curious to see whether other golf cart dealers will show at golffest

John
John. Are you referring to the event here in The Villages as Golffest? If so, its The Villages Golf Festival. Golf Fest is held in Tampa.
Old 03-10-2016, 09:16 AM
Gold member

there is nothing wrong here, you foot the bill you get to choose participants. you would have to be stupid to invite the competition to sell at your event.
Old 03-10-2016, 09:45 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

As the new requirements to attend the Village charter schools have become more tied in with businesses doing business with the developer, so has the restrictions on Villages clubs to work with only businesses tied to the developer. With the growth of the number of business inside the bubble, I suppose this change to policy is inevitable. Time will tell if those businesses inside the bubble with be as generous as those on the outside have been in helping Villages clubs gather funds for various worthwhile projects.
Old 03-10-2016, 10:01 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by looneycat View Post
there is nothing wrong here, you foot the bill you get to choose participants. you would have to be stupid to invite the competition to sell at your event.
That’s exactly right. Has nothing to do with “fair,” it’s business.
Old 03-10-2016, 10:08 AM

why all the fuss for another business, it is not as if any one in or around the villages is selling their stuff at less profit. I find all of then, way over priced and if the villages who owns the area has rules to make it better for them who cares. They want to keep their area the way they want it. TO MAKE MORE MONEY! We don't have to buy anything, If you don't like it. We can all simply go out of the village to get ripped of just as easily. Unless you are willing to travel quite a distance away.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, refused, run, feb, attend, objection, wanted, parcar, fest, competition, show, speech, john, village, villages, assuming, info, freedom, correct, cart, star, streetrod, treated, company, talk

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.