Villages response to Covid 19 shameful

Closed Thread
Old 08-08-2020, 06:20 AM

Seems to me that you might be over-reacting. How can I get the virus playing with my own gold clubs, in my own cart, with my own ball?

Perhaps you are correct that the Villages should not have listened to the Governor when he said to open the bars ... or perhaps it is a form of accountability that those who congregate are exposing themselves.
Old 08-08-2020, 06:22 AM
Location: Mt. AIRY NC, NORFOLK VA, VA BEACH, VA, FT WAYNE,IN, CINCINNATI, OH, ROSWELL, GA, THE VILLAGES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwirish View Post
I have been told by several ambassadors that proper measures have been taken to help ensure the safety of workers and golfers.
not true
Old 08-08-2020, 06:22 AM

Another thought about the emails .... are some of you thinking that a golf cart that has been sitting outside overnight is somehow a hazard to the next person getting into it? And why would not the next occupant wipe it down? Who is accountable for their own health? Where is individual intelligence in this trend .... for heaven's sake ... let's agree that we have to use our neural synapses.
Old 08-08-2020, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukismom View Post
A good friend just quit their job as golf Ambassador. The reason, a co worker diagnosed with covid just died. They shared equipment, cart, phone etc. Villages response was to keep this hush, hush. No extra measures taken to sanitize common employee areas. Business as usual. Their location is not the only one to be affected but you will never hear about this in the news. Be careful playing on golf courses and practice areas. At least WAWA has the proper response after one of their employees tested positive.
If this is true I am most concerned about the “hush hush” statement
The developer should be transparent if about Covid exposure
Old 08-08-2020, 06:27 AM
Thanked 1,306 Times in 237 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukismom View Post
A good friend just quit their job as golf Ambassador. The reason, a co worker diagnosed with covid just died. They shared equipment, cart, phone etc. Villages response was to keep this hush, hush. No extra measures taken to sanitize common employee areas. Business as usual. Their location is not the only one to be affected but you will never hear about this in the news. Be careful playing on golf courses and practice areas. At least WAWA has the proper response after one of their employees tested positive.
Wow what a ridiculous post. People die from a lot of things including the flu and other viral and bacterial infections. Covid is not a death sentence. It is not a stage four cancer diagnosis. It is 99% survivable the same as the flu. Yes people are going to die from it just like they do a lot of other things. Could we please stop totally overreacting to this!
The paranoia out there over this virus is just totally ridiculous.
Old 08-08-2020, 06:46 AM

So very sorry to hear about your co-worker. And disappointed to hear how many automatically don't believe you, when you actually worked there and saw a cover-up yourself. Not surprised that TV would hide this vital information. They seem to care more about their image than of people's lives. Happy to hear you were able to quit, to at least keep yourself safe. I guess all those nay sayers won't believe this until they themselves are stricken. Stay home. Wear a mask when out. Save lives.
Old 08-08-2020, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donassaid View Post
So a worker at a Villages golf course caught Covid 19 and died and it is automatically the fault of the Villages staff and golf should have been the first thing shut down? Really? There is no mention of the health of the Ambassador that died. Was he overweight? On blood pressure meds? Have respiratory issues? Diabetic? He could have picked this up at any number of places. I work at Palmer as a cleaner. All the staff wear face masks and social distance. I keep the bathrooms spotless and disinfected, wiping down everything from the sinks, commode, tower dispensers to even the door handles, locks and flush handles on commode. I also mop the floors. Probably one of the safest places people can go. Stop jumping to conclusions without any evidence to back it up.
Amen!!!
Old 08-08-2020, 06:55 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,245 Times in 450 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelhunter View Post
If this is true I am most concerned about the “hush hush” statement
The developer should be transparent if about Covid exposure
The Villages have always been “hush hush” with any bad news...... Definitely not something new
Old 08-08-2020, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedalton View Post
I was shocked when I found out this was their policy. Luckily I didn't work with this person but this policy makes no sense to me.
When you begin with “a good friend ...”, it is gossip. You have no facts. That is how rumors and misinformation gets spread.
Old 08-08-2020, 06:56 AM

Comical.
Old 08-08-2020, 06:59 AM

Which gold course?
Old 08-08-2020, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Golf should of been the first thing shut down
That's just a ridiculous statement. There's much more risks going to Drs, getting groceries or gas than at golf courses.
Old 08-08-2020, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
In other words, a person who did not practice social distancing caught the Virus and died.

That should be a warning to all of us.
Why? Its outside, open air, acres of open space, great exercise, individual cart use. What could be safer.
Old 08-08-2020, 07:22 AM

It would be nice if The Villages provided "proven facts" by listing out where in TV COVID-19 infections have occurred. The fact that they are not providing this information either in the Daily Sun or via a web site is suspect. I would like to see transparency with regard to Covid reporting. Then I could make an informed choice about how I pick and choose activities.
Old 08-08-2020, 07:24 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendi View Post
I’m not too quick to believe this. Too many people jump to conclusions based on gossip and hearsay.
I agree. As any story is retold, it gets better and better each time. Im sure in a week, the story will morph to “25% of the golfers are dead and they are keeping it quiet”. Keep your distance from people, keep your hands clean, wipe down as best you can anything you are going to touch and get on with your life. This stuff is expected to stay around until the first half of next year. Its the new norm. Live with it or go crawl under a bush and bury your head until its over
Closed Thread

Tags
response, villages, golf, hush, areas

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.