Villages response to Covid 19 shameful

Closed Thread
Old 08-10-2020, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EviesGP View Post
Exactly what Bogie Shooter said...what exactly should be published? How do we know the circumstances around this man's illness and death? How and where did he contract it? More importantly, if the employer knew he was positive, THEN they should have immediately responded by removing him from the workplace?! But, I'm quite certain they didn't know. To publish something like this would only cause hysteria, and lead to many questions(like I just asked).

As for the practices at the golf courses, I know first hand, that every reasonable step is taken to clean, sanitize, and distance ourselves. Like every other human event, not everyone does everything, like they're supposed to. But it's still very reasonable. I, too, recently resigned due to Covid. But it wasn't for fear of contracting. It was that the job was no longer enjoyable for me. I totally enjoyed being an Ambassador, and interacting with the people. When they took away the water jugs, then our water jugs, then the rakes, then asked us not to touch sand bottles. I was left with driving by(at a distance), and waving, while people were sweltering in the heat. I hope to go back, when things settle. Be safe, and let's pray this subsides and we get a vaccine.
I've always carried my own cold refreshments,snacks, and cold hand towels with me. I believe they are taking the same course of action as any courses outside the bubble in regard to Covid. You can go to any extreme but it's impossible to sanitize the world.
Old 08-10-2020, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodles View Post
Why shut down golf. The players never touch anything but their own cart, ball, club.
I think you'll find many of the shutdown golf complaints come from ones who had their inside activities such as cards, socials, and other games cancelled and feel it's unfair that outdoor activities are not. I guess i would cry foul too.
Old 08-10-2020, 09:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,052 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
So unless announced by management are we to assume no one will ever find out??

It will become known just as quickly...
The problem is it might or might not be known by their coworkers or other people who have come in contact with the positive one.

Who knows how many could become infected as a result.
Old 08-10-2020, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlride View Post
Anyone know of a golf store where the employees wear masks? These tiny little stores where social distancing is impossible don't require their employees to wear masks. My experiences were at Johnny's Birdie Golf on 466 and Golf Central in Brownwood. I consider those stores the most dangerous places I have gone and will not go again.
In all honesty I guit going in local pro shops in or out the bubble before Covid hit. Finding I can get basically anything I need at almost one fourth the cost on line.
Old 08-10-2020, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwhitecat View Post
Why?
Why do you think golf should be closed??? It is played outside, where you are safest. We golf with our spouses (no 6 foot rule needed there) and with our best friends with whom we have quarantine confidence and we dine together, too, with them--no 6-foot rule needed outside with them, either. The only reason to cut off the golfing here in The Villages is if noone wants to golf. And that is not very likely. If you think it is unsafe, by all means you stay indoors and do what you think is best for you. Don't presume to know what is safe for me--that is my job.
Old 08-10-2020, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadbone1 View Post
Wow what a ridiculous post. People die from a lot of things including the flu and other viral and bacterial infections. Covid is not a death sentence. It is not a stage four cancer diagnosis. It is 99% survivable the same as the flu. Yes people are going to die from it just like they do a lot of other things. Could we please stop totally overreacting to this!
The paranoia out there over this virus is just totally ridiculous.
I have to disagree with you based on all the stats that come from the REAL experts on this. We are anticipating having 300,000 (probably inflated) more deaths by year's end. Since we know for absolute certain that most of our influenzas over the past 40 years have an AVERAGE death result of about 50,000 per FULL SEASON, moving from 165,000 today to 300,000 -- in just 4 months-- tells me everything I need to know about the value of self-protection, distancing, and the like.

Nor can one say factually that 99% of those infected survive it. Further, though I can't tell you the numbers of people that will be ill the rest of their lives from having "survived" this virus, I certainly wouldn't want to be one of them, and I strongly suspect you and I would agree completely about that.

This IS an extremely dangerous virus. Maybe most of us in The Villages endure incredibly harsh measures to remain untouched, others have not. That some of us are still alive may be a) a function of our protecting ourselves or b) a gift from above.

A couple I have been told about developed the virus not long ago. The husband is in ICU with double pneumonia; the wife is contained in her home. They had lots of friends come to their home without masks, most of them, on a regular basis over the past month or so. Now, those others have insulated themselves in their homes and are not seen out and about. I suspect they are horrified about all this. It would be amazing if nobody else in that group develops the virus. And since they are older people, they are more likely to suffer the ravages of Covid-19 than you or I who are highly protective of ourselves. What do we chalk it up to if some pass on?

So, no, the Covid-19 is not a stage 4 cancer, it is not a burst appendix, it is not a near-fatal car crash. But it IS an influenza to die for.
Old 08-10-2020, 10:38 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbles View Post
I have to disagree with you based on all the stats that come from the REAL experts on this. We are anticipating having 300,000 (probably inflated) more deaths by year's end. Since we know for absolute certain that most of our influenzas over the past 40 years have an AVERAGE death result of about 50,000 per FULL SEASON, moving from 165,000 today to 300,000 -- in just 4 months-- tells me everything I need to know about the value of self-protection, distancing, and the like.

Nor can one say factually that 99% of those infected survive it. Further, though I can't tell you the numbers of people that will be ill the rest of their lives from having "survived" this virus, I certainly wouldn't want to be one of them, and I strongly suspect you and I would agree completely about that.

This IS an extremely dangerous virus. Maybe most of us in The Villages endure incredibly harsh measures to remain untouched, others have not. That some of us are still alive may be a) a function of our protecting ourselves or b) a gift from above.

A couple I have been told about developed the virus not long ago. The husband is in ICU with double pneumonia; the wife is contained in her home. They had lots of friends come to their home without masks, most of them, on a regular basis over the past month or so. Now, those others have insulated themselves in their homes and are not seen out and about. I suspect they are horrified about all this. It would be amazing if nobody else in that group develops the virus. And since they are older people, they are more likely to suffer the ravages of Covid-19 than you or I who are highly protective of ourselves. What do we chalk it up to if some pass on?

So, no, the Covid-19 is not a stage 4 cancer, it is not a burst appendix, it is not a near-fatal car crash. But it IS an influenza to die for.
Very well said
Old 08-10-2020, 12:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,026 Times in 1,749 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadbone1 View Post
Wow what a ridiculous post. People die from a lot of things including the flu and other viral and bacterial infections. Covid is not a death sentence. It is not a stage four cancer diagnosis. It is 99% survivable the same as the flu. Yes people are going to die from it just like they do a lot of other things. Could we please stop totally overreacting to this!
The paranoia out there over this virus is just totally ridiculous.
Any media from anywhere in the world will challenge this except maybe from Brazil? Or is this wishful thinking? I also wish this was true, but magical thinking doesn’t make it so unfortunately.
Old 08-10-2020, 01:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,180 Times in 1,936 Posts

~~~
Old 08-10-2020, 01:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,180 Times in 1,936 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBoy451 View Post
I've always carried my own cold refreshments,snacks, and cold hand towels with me. I believe they are taking the same course of action as any courses outside the bubble in regard to Covid. You can go to any extreme but it's impossible to sanitize the world.
You took the words right out of my mouth!
Old 08-10-2020, 01:35 PM
Default Personal responsibility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Proven facts?
Just because a person working for golf died from the virus does not mean it was contacted while working. Any number of other places. So, how is anybody able to list where the infection occurred?
Picking and choosing your activities has nothing to do with cases. Without contact tracing how would it be determined where the virus was contracted at a rec center or some other activity?
What information would you want published in the Daily Sun?
Your statements make no sense, since there is no logical way to do what you are asking.
Your safety is your responsibility......
Thank you..... I was reading all these posts and getting ready to respond. Intending to state all that you just did. I don't understand how people think, it just makes no sense at all. Anyway, thanks for saving me the time and I could not have said it near as succinctly as you did.
Old 08-10-2020, 02:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inexes@aol.com View Post
Thank you..... I was reading all these posts and getting ready to respond. Intending to state all that you just did. I don't understand how people think, it just makes no sense at all. Anyway, thanks for saving me the time and I could not have said it near as succinctly as you did.
I still cannot wrap my head around going to Lake Sumter one friday evening and the outdoor bar at City Fire was a wall of people standing shoulder to shoulder.
Old 08-10-2020, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post
everyone is responsible for their own safety...and making their own decisions...your friend did what they felt was right for them

shameful if it actually was 'business as usual'....but i wouldn't immediately jump to that conclusion based on hearsay
and your own safety means wearing a mask. Not for you but by not wearing a mask puts everyone at risk.
Old 08-11-2020, 01:57 PM
Veteran member

Well , if you heard it...It must be true!!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
response, villages, golf, hush, areas

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.