BQG inside Lanai

Closed Thread
Old 10-26-2019, 02:43 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,015 Times in 273 Posts
Default BQG inside Lanai

Due to the massive amount of rain this year I consulted members of TOTV about having my gas grill inside the lanai. Consensus was ,NOT A PROBLEM. I moved mine in many months ago and as usual, the information was correct. Not even the slightest staining to the ceiling. With a distance of about two feet from screen, when the grill is at its hottest, heat dissipates completely before reaching the screen. Using my hand as a gauge, I can’t even feel warm from the grill.

After Action Report:
It is now an absolute treat to step though the sliding glass doors, check on or retrieve dinner without any discomfort. Thanks TOTV’s. Posters.

Old 10-26-2019, 09:04 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,782 Times in 3,648 Posts

Invite us over......................we are hungry.
Old 10-26-2019, 04:05 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Jim, I have a Camp Chef wood fired pellet grill and have it inside my Lanai. I often do long slow smokes cooking brisket, pulled pork, pizzas, Salmon, etc. My lanai is higher than many, (ceilings about 11.5 foot high). I often do 15 -17 hour cooks with ZERO problems. My grill is about 3 feet from my screening.

I use a wifi wireless thermometer that constantly tells my iphone my grill and my meat temperature, and alerts me if there is a problem with my temps either too high or too low.

Never an issue, and I would not do it any other way.

Frank
Old 10-27-2019, 07:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,180 Times in 1,936 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJohnson View Post
Due to the massive amount of rain this year I consulted members of TOTV about having my gas grill inside the lanai. Consensus was ,NOT A PROBLEM. I moved mine in many months ago and as usual, the information was correct. Not even the slightest staining to the ceiling. With a distance of about two feet from screen, when the grill is at its hottest, heat dissipates completely before reaching the screen. Using my hand as a gauge, I can’t even feel warm from the grill.

After Action Report:
It is now an absolute treat to step though the sliding glass doors, check on or retrieve dinner without any discomfort. Thanks TOTV’s. Posters.

You're welcome. Glad to be of help. Not only is there no discomfort with our BBQ grill under the lanai roof, I stay dry when it rains. Well, mostly dry when the wind bring the rain in towards the grill.
Old 10-27-2019, 07:47 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJohnson View Post

After Action Report:

I guess I would have been on the other side of this coin. When we purchased our house the former owners had a grill inside the lanai. There was grease and “smoke residue” all over the siding. Took a lot of elbow grease to get the siding clean. I would not have any type of grill on the lanai.
Old 10-28-2019, 01:27 AM
Gold member

People also reported on here that rats chewed through their screens to get to the grill.
After reading that we decided not to try it.
Old 10-28-2019, 02:41 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,015 Times in 273 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti105 View Post
People also reported on here that rats chewed through their screens to get to the grill.
After reading that we decided not to try it.
Hummm! That’s a good point. If I ever have a chew through I will report it here and have T&D replace the screen panel.
Closed Thread

Tags
grill, screen, lanai, inside, report

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.