The Villages on The Tonight Show

Closed Thread
Old 09-24-2014, 07:35 AM

I don't understand why some people have to make nasty, unkind remarks about this lovely girl. No, she is not a "seasoned actress" because she is not supposed to be. That comes with experience and age, and are far as her appearance...it was impeccable, or perhaps she should come out looking like Cindy Lauper or maybe have a "wardrobe malfunction" . She certainly did no more "giggling" than Jimmy Fallon. Also, her chair was position so that it would have been uncomfortable to talk to Jimmy causing her to adjust herself...big deal.

True, most "old" people do not know her, but if you ask your children they most certainly know Megan Boone. Oh, but I forgot, you probably don't have children as I don't think a parent would make such mean spirited , unkind remarks, about this lovely girl.
Old 09-24-2014, 07:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty55 View Post
HUH? Her grandfather plays golf with sitting Presidents. I'm thinking she's been exposed to bigger deals than Jimmy Fallon.
You are right. She didn't present well on this interview or on the one with Kathy and Yoda either.

Our daughter has been involved in Civic theatre for years but can't get up and give a speech and is inherently shy.. I can speak in front of groups but would freeze if I had to remember a long script and stage directions.

I feel bad for Megan Boone because she will be limited because of this unless she can overcome it.. That is the reason some actors start taking drugs.

But I still am glad to see that she has tried to follow her dream and doesn't play any "I am rich" cards.

She is a girl from our town and I am proud of her and I have to believe her grandfather is too, and who knows? She may be a Democrat, most young people are.

Some posters will pick on her only because they don't agree with her grandfather's politics and don't like his financial success.

I would go along with just about anything the Morse's do. As most of you know. I sure hope I am right. I will be devastated and embarrassed if Gary Morse is a greedy, nasty, selfish. old person, as some of you think.
Old 09-24-2014, 08:18 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
well, The Villages did not come off looking much better in the Inside Edition clip tonight about singles here who are portrayed as drinking, carousing, of course the Sex on the Square incident with drink named after it. interview with author of Liesureville and good comments from the president of Sumter Singles. i guess it gives us a "mystique"
All that is what sold me on The Villages.
Old 09-24-2014, 08:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Andrew Blechman is making money on these featured spots.. He must have sold a ton of books after all of this publicity.

The girls posse are waiting for him to set foot on this campus. We are practicing our jeers and have our squirt guns ready....this time filled with sprinkler water from south of 466.
Old 09-24-2014, 04:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
IMO, this entire thread isn't even worth mentioning. Most people didn't know who she was and still don't. I don't think there will be any academy awards or emmys in her future. Her appearance was pretty insignificant and the interview was even less so.
It is sad that my original post isn't as important to you as all of your posts are to us.
Apparently, this thought hasn't occurred to you, "If you can't say somethin' nice, don't say nothin' at all."
Old 09-24-2014, 04:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
IMO, this entire thread isn't even worth mentioning. Most people didn't know who she was and still don't. I don't think there will be any academy awards or emmys in her future. Her appearance was pretty insignificant and the interview was even less so.

I wasn't aware posts on ToTV had to meet a certain significance-level criterion. I thought posts could just relate to something that interested a person for the sake of conversation.
Old 09-24-2014, 04:43 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
I've never watched her act in anything. I'll take your word for it that she's a good actor, Tal. She is Jennifer Parr's daughter. Why is her last name Boone? Is it a stage name?
Well we know H. Gary Morse was born Harold G. Schwartz and Boone is an extension of Morse Blvd on the historical side. So who is the road named after, Jennifer's dad?
Old 09-24-2014, 04:55 PM
Platinum member

Mean people......
Old 09-24-2014, 05:20 PM
Sage

It was a boring interview and IMHO not her fault. Johnny Carson's gift was that he could bring out the best in people. He could make his guests seem funnier too. Being raised in a retirement community is very interesting.
Old 09-24-2014, 07:35 PM

She did a cute interview. The show is a great success!!thanks for sharing. I would love to see her! Thanks for the post.
Old 09-24-2014, 08:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryann View Post
Who's James Spacer?........
Typo. James Spader.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 09-24-2014, 08:55 PM
Sage

I thought she presenter herself as attractive, but was trying too hard to be entertaining.

Johnny Carson always said Gary Cooper was his worst guest, as Gary only gave one word answers.

Are you making a movie.

Yup.

Is it a western.

Yup.

Do you kill the bad guy.

Yup.

It was a painful interview.

Let's cut her some slack as it is very scary to go outside your comfort zone, to do something your not comfortable doing.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 09-24-2014, 09:18 PM
Eternal Member

She was on the Today show with the guy who plays her husband, Tom Keen, after the season finale. She was wonderful. It was a great calm interesting interview.
When I saw her with Jimmy Fallon, I couldn't believe it was the same person. She was very silly acting and almost jumped out of her seat several times. I am not a fan of Jimmy Fallon. I think he makes his guests look silly sometimes. It definitely did not do her justice to be on there.
She does a great job on the Blacklist show but I'm not sure where she would go after this. I wish her all the best.
I love the Morse, Boone, Parr family and hope they all do well.
Old 09-24-2014, 09:21 PM
Platinum member

The irony is that she is far more well known than her family or TV. She's in her 30's, been acting for 13 years, has credits to her name. Perhaps it's time for to remove growing up in a retirement community from her bio.

I know people whose children had performance anxiety, they saw a sports psychiatrist, it helped. IMO she needs to get a little polishing up and needs to set boundaries (ie NO QUESTIONS ABOUT SEX IN THE SQUARE).

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Old 09-24-2014, 09:21 PM
Sage

Maybe she was stoned.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.