Villages Whiners Club meeting on Thursday!

Closed Thread
Old 06-06-2022, 03:59 PM
Default Villages Whiners Club meeting on Thursday!

This months Villages Whiners Club meeting will be Thursday at 7 pm at Seabreeze Recreation. Half the members complained this was too early and half complained it was too late, so it must be just right.

After our general discussion of whether the room is too hot or too cold we will discuss and vote on our annual top complaints of the year. Here are some to get your whiner juices flowing (in no particular order, so don’t blame me):

1. Dog poop / dogs off leash
2. Evil developer / growth (we all know growth should stop after we moved here)
3. Apartments (how could they even consider building these!)
4. Hospitals (it will take at least a half hour to discuss all the bad experiences)
5. Cars / Carts speeding
6. Snowbirds
7. Amenity fees
8. Movie theaters (a new one on the list!)
9. People at pools (how dare they come at the same time as me!)
10. Bicyclists
12. Gates
13. Golfers

I am sure there are more but we only have an hour and a half at the meeting. So only bring your best. After the meeting we plan to meet at the Sandhill Executive course on the 9th green at 9 pm to howl at the moon (if it even dares to show its face). Of course if it is storming we will use the time to complain about the weather. Now go out there and ruin someone’s week. See ya on Thursday night.
Old 06-06-2022, 04:37 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,522 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dond1959 View Post
This months Villages Whiners Club meeting will be Thursday at 7 pm at Seabreeze Recreation. Half the members complained this was too early and half complained it was too late, so it must be just right.

After our general discussion of whether the room is too hot or too cold we will discuss and vote on our annual top complaints of the year. Here are some to get your whiner juices flowing (in no particular order, so don’t blame me):

4. Hospitals (it will take at least a half hour to discuss all the bad experiences)
5. Cars / Carts speeding
6. Snowbirds
7. Amenity fees
10. Bicyclists
12. Gates
13. Golfers

I am sure there are more but we only have an hour and a half at the meeting. So only bring your best. After the meeting we plan to meet at the Sandhill Executive course on the 9th green at 9 pm to howl at the moon (if it even dares to show its face). Of course if it is storming we will use the time to complain about the weather. Now go out there and ruin someone’s week. See ya on Thursday night.
Do we have to wear our username on a name tag
Old 06-06-2022, 05:16 PM

Breaking News- people complain on the internet.
Old 06-06-2022, 05:19 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,606 Times in 943 Posts

Sea breeze rec Center? This club would fill up the polo grounds.

You forgot to add to the agenda
The amenity fee increase
Parking at Spanish springs
The cost of a burger
The drunks at the squares
Golf car speeding
Roof replacement
Dry grass.
Old 06-06-2022, 05:45 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,687 Times in 973 Posts

I don't like the decor and theme of SeaBreeze. And it's always too cold in there.
Old 06-06-2022, 05:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Better move it to the Savannah Center. Need the bigger venue.
Old 06-06-2022, 06:31 PM
Smile

Quote:

5. Cars / Carts speeding
6. Snowbirds
7. Amenity fees
10. Bicyclists
12. Gates
13. Golfers

very funny
Old 06-06-2022, 10:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Ahh, so this is your forum ..... always been a bunch of whiners. Let me know when you will whine about the lack of Costco and Trader Joe's and I'll join. Waaaahhhhh!
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 06-07-2022, 04:24 AM

I'm offended by this idea
Old 06-07-2022, 06:01 AM
Default Kudos to this person!

Quote:

5. Cars / Carts speeding
6. Snowbirds
7. Amenity fees
10. Bicyclists
12. Gates
13. Golfers

This is hilarious!
Old 06-07-2022, 06:45 AM
Sage

Add.... everything has changed since I moved here and I can't find any good restaurants. Plus all those old farts who can't drive. Btw op this is a great subject.
Old 06-07-2022, 06:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,375 Times in 2,519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ SLIM View Post
I'm offended by this idea
Offended?
I am absolutely livid.
I demand to speak to the manager.
Regards,
Karen.
Old 06-07-2022, 08:12 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,095 Times in 374 Posts

Quote:

5. Cars / Carts speeding
6. Snowbirds
7. Amenity fees
10. Bicyclists
12. Gates
13. Golfers

Whiners have been complaining about being called whiners so there is a mandatory reading of The Sky is Falling.

Henny-Penny: The Sky is Falling!

Members will be given the opportunity to name each other from the cast i.e. Henny-penny, Cocky-locky, Ducky-daddles, Goosey-poosey, and Turkey-lurkey," "Foxy-woxy;

New names can be chosen to match whiners i.e Larky-parky, Looney-poopy
Old 06-07-2022, 08:18 AM

Quote:

5. Cars / Carts speeding
6. Snowbirds
7. Amenity fees
10. Bicyclists
12. Gates
13. Golfers

Old 06-07-2022, 08:39 AM
Default 😂😂

[QUOTE=Dond1959;2103262]This months Villages Whiners Club meeting will be Thursday at 7 pm at Seabreeze Recreation. Half the members complained this was too early and half complained it was too late, so it must be just right.

5. Cars / Carts speeding
6. Snowbirds
7. Amenity fees
10. Bicyclists
12. Gates
13. Golfers

I am sure there are more but we only have an hour and a half at the meeting. So only bring your best. After the meeting we plan to meet at the Sandhill Executive course on the 9th green at 9 pm to howl at the moon (if it even dares to show its face). Of course if it is storming we will use the time to complain about the weather. Now go out there and ruin someone’s week. See ya on Thursday night.[/QUOT

I love it!!😂. Don’t forget folks walking with their back to bicycles and golf carts when walking on pathways and golf cart roads, its a personal favourite of mine as I prefer to face traffic when I am walking. 😒😂. I do love living in, “The Villages” though.♥️
Closed Thread

Tags
half, meeting, thursday, time, whiners

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.