Villages Whiners Club meeting on Thursday!

Closed Thread
Old 06-07-2022, 05:23 PM

Don't need this club. I just visit my mother in law. 91 yrs old. I GUARENTEE she can out complain anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
Old 06-07-2022, 05:41 PM

This is the best post. It made me chuckle and put a smile on my face. Thank you
Old 06-07-2022, 06:39 PM

You should have a weekly column in the Daily Sun.
You’d never run out of material.
Old 06-07-2022, 07:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
You left out my pet peeve (whine)---Contractors that park in a golf cart/bike lane instead of the front of the house because it is more "convenient" when they are working in the back yard. For those that want the sheriff to write more tickets, I'd start there. Rant over.
Poor GE that has to be mildly inconvenienced by having to navigate around workers that are busting their asses in the heat, to complete projects they’re hired to do. But by all means, hopefully the local law enforcement will crack down so you’re not inconvenienced. UFB.
Old 06-07-2022, 08:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
Poor GE that has to be mildly inconvenienced by having to navigate around workers that are busting their asses in the heat, to complete projects they’re hired to do. But by all means, hopefully the local law enforcement will crack down so you’re not inconvenienced. UFB.
I thought this was a whining thread.

That being said, it's all fun and games until someone gets killed because of the safety aspect of parking in a lane of moving traffic. Last week I saw a narrow miss when a golf cart had to pull into the car lane at the same time a car pulled out from a side street. Neither could see each other because of the large vehicle blocking the cart lane. If they just parked it there to unload something large or heavy, it would be one thing, but I've seen them park there for 8 hours straight. If a vehicle parked in a lane of I-75 would you defend that as well??????
Old 06-07-2022, 08:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
I thought this was a whining thread.

That being said, it's all fun and games until someone gets killed because of the safety aspect of parking in a lane of moving traffic. Last week I saw a narrow miss when a golf cart had to pull into the car lane at the same time a car pulled out from a side street. Neither could see each other because of the large vehicle blocking the cart lane. If they just parked it there to unload something large or heavy, it would be one thing, but I've seen them park there for 8 hours straight. If a vehicle parked in a lane of I-75 would you defend that as well??????
You’re comparing a contractor parked in The Villages to a vehicle stopped on I-75? Do you realize how ludicrous that sounds. But hey, you win! Haa

Last edited by photo1902; 06-07-2022 at 09:09 PM.
Old 06-08-2022, 03:54 AM
Veteran member

It really bothered me when the place expanded southern of 44. I really like the bike paths down here but the developer is so greedy to keep growing. Seems like all they want is more money. I sold my last house and made a fortune so I moved in a new house down south and hope I can do it again. They don’t have enough restaurants down south. Would think the developer could plan a little better.

Old 06-08-2022, 07:23 AM

Absolutely wonderful (and, unfortunately, too realistic!) Thank you for starting our day with laughter for my husband and me!
Old 06-08-2022, 07:23 AM
Bella6368

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dond1959 View Post
This months Villages Whiners Club meeting will be Thursday at 7 pm at Seabreeze Recreation. Half the members complained this was too early and half complained it was too late, so it must be just right.

After our general discussion of whether the room is too hot or too cold we will discuss and vote on our annual top complaints of the year. Here are some to get your whiner juices flowing (in no particular order, so don’t blame me):

1. Dog poop / dogs off leash
2. Evil developer / growth (we all know growth should stop after we moved here)
3. Apartments (how could they even consider building these!)
4. Hospitals (it will take at least a half hour to discuss all the bad experiences)
5. Cars / Carts speeding
6. Snowbirds
7. Amenity fees
8. Movie theaters (a new one on the list!)
9. People at pools (how dare they come at the same time as me!)
10. Bicyclists
12. Gates
13. Golfers

I am sure there are more but we only have an hour and a half at the meeting. So only bring your best. After the meeting we plan to meet at the Sandhill Executive course on the 9th green at 9 pm to howl at the moon (if it even dares to show its face). Of course if it is storming we will use the time to complain about the weather. Now go out there and ruin someone’s week. See ya on Thursday night.

Best post I've seen on this site, spot on!
Old 06-08-2022, 07:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,050 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierPa View Post
It really bothered me when the place expanded southern of 44. I really like the bike paths down here but the developer is so greedy to keep growing. Seems like all they want is more money. I sold my last house and made a fortune so I moved in a new house down south and hope I can do it again. They don’t have enough restaurants down south. Would think the developer could plan a little better.
If you owned a restaurant ch?.
Old 06-08-2022, 07:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
You’re comparing a contractor parked in The Villages to a vehicle stopped on I-75? Do you realize how ludicrous that sounds. But hey, you win! Haa
No, it's ABSOLUTELY the same thing---just different speeds involved. I'm probably just as guilty as the next person, but my gestalt is that everyone expects convenient parking, everywhere, but many will park illegally to get it. Not only contractors in a moving lane of traffic, but those who park in a handicapped spot or a fire lane. They all have excuses for their illegal parking, and it really is no big deal----UNTIL----an accident occurs as a result. Or a fire truck is blocked. Or a truly handicapped person collapses from walking too far. Or etc., etc., etc. So make fun of my pet peeve (whine on a whining thread) all you want, let's just hope no one is seriously injured while you are doing so.
Old 06-08-2022, 07:31 AM

I get the point of this thread, and I agree.

However, when has it ever been that people didn't spend more time complaining about things. The Daily Sun is all positive -- maybe they could sponsor a Positive Talk Of The Villages Forum (PTOTV) -- for every violation, you get an amenities fee increase.

Each person would start their thread with an affirmation of devotion, like;

Morning fellow lovers of fun, sun, and all things Morse.

Or, have I told you about my favorite actress, Megan Boone -- she's a peach.

Trump is awesome, sure, but have you ever had the Rueben at the Harvest restaurant -- to die for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella6368 View Post
Best post I've seen on this site, spot on!
Old 06-08-2022, 08:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

OK. This supposed to be a fun thread.
Old 06-08-2022, 08:48 AM

2022 0608 Wednesday @ 09:47
Your mother-in-law asked me to correct your spelling: guarantee (not guarantee). 8-)
Old 06-08-2022, 10:29 AM

Brilliant.
Closed Thread

Tags
half, meeting, thursday, time, whiners

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.