THE VILLIAGES IS NOT THE PLACE TO Retire If You Don't Want a Car OR ARE NOT ABLE TO

Closed Thread
Old 12-01-2021, 03:10 PM
Send a message via AIM to joelfmi
Default THE VILLIAGES IS NOT THE PLACE TO Retire If You Don't Want a Car OR ARE NOT ABLE TO

Drive,or be on top of your neighbors home, very high monthly frees, don't play golf, cannot stand the heat, very far from malls, alot of traffic in season, renter, not gated communities, restrictions,. Otherwise go their. These are things that you will never here but are very impotant when you buy and home.
Old 12-01-2021, 03:22 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,477 Times in 548 Posts

First of all, spellcheck is your friend. Secondly, you’re right. The Villages is not for everyone. Third, yes, it’s hot and humid. That’s what Florida weather is like.

I hope you find someplace that suits you.
Old 12-01-2021, 03:23 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,606 Times in 943 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelfmi View Post
Drive,or be on top of your neighbors home, very high monthly frees, don't play golf, cannot stand the heat, very far from malls, alot of traffic in season, renter, not gated communities, restrictions,. Otherwise go their. These are things that you will never here but are very impotant when you buy and home.
Not even going to address the other points (I am sure others will) BUT
If you don’t golf and can’t stand the heat, what made you think you would enjoy living in the largest golf course community in the world in a hot climate?
Old 12-01-2021, 03:35 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

Quote:
If you are unable to drive and don't have a car what is your problem with in season traffic? Monthly fees are not high, you should be glad you're not part of an HOA, the only restrictions here are the ones noted on your deed and if you are a homeowner you were given a copy before you signed the papers and now that you're leaving you will make a handsome profit on your home. If you are not a homeowner and are a renter, don't complain, just pack up and go somewhere else when your lease is up. Now go out and enjoy this great autumn weather while those up north are complaining about the snow and cold.
Old 12-01-2021, 03:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
You mean like most places in Florida?????

Except.......most places in Florida you need to drive to almost everything you need, in TV you can get to most places by golf cart

most places in Florida have HOA fees that range from $450 to over $800 per month, here it is about $160.

most places in Florida have traffic far worse than here in TV

Most places in Florida have deed and or HOA restrictions

The only part of that rant that was posted that is true is that TV is not a true gated community---you can live in one but your monthly fee will be in the $800+ range. Oh, did I mention that those gated communities generally have ONE golf course, ONE clubhouse, and all activities are limited to whatever is being run at that clubhouse. For our $160 amenity fee we get 42 executive golf courses, and 13 "championship" courses are here for a greens fee. Over 100 pools, 100 recreation centers of various types and sizes, over 100 miles of MMPs with new dedicated bike and pedestrian paths south of 44, and flowers in the RB's changed out 4x/year. As far as our gates go, they are mainly for traffic control, but they have cameras 24/7 and community watch drives by every house in TV a minimum of 3x/day.

If you truly want to avoid everything you listed and live in Florida, may I suggest the middle of the Everglades. Just watch out for 20 foot snakes. But you still have the heat, so the other choice might be Fairbanks , Alaska.
Old 12-01-2021, 03:45 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,777 Times in 3,645 Posts

Quote:

But yet you still hang out on ToTV for over a year.
Old 12-01-2021, 03:46 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,687 Times in 973 Posts

Quote:
So....please tell us...what place provides all of those things that TV does not provide, and has better weather, is fully gated, close to malls (do they still have malls?), low traffic in season, and you don't need a car, all, of course, with monthly fees lower than TV.

I have attempted to deconstruct your sentence in an effort to figure out exactly what the word "renter" is communicating. I am clueless. Perhaps you could explain a bit about "renter"?
Old 12-01-2021, 03:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker14 View Post
So....please tell us...what place provides all of those things that TV does not provide, and has better weather, is fully gated, close to malls (do they still have malls?), low traffic in season, and you don't need a car, all, of course, with monthly fees lower than TV.

I have attempted to deconstruct your sentence in an effort to figure out exactly what the word "renter" is communicating. I am clueless. Perhaps you could explain a bit about "renter"?
The real question is whether or not "very high monthly frees" is an oxymoron.
Old 12-01-2021, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Probably just trolling to get a reaction but I'll respond any way.

That's why you do research before you buy anywhere in any state. Most of the things you list as objectionable about The Villages are true for most planned developments in Florida. Not being able to drive or want to own a car is not a drawback here I have friends who don't drive or own a car but have a golf cart that allows them to go anywhere in the Villages. Don't play golf - there are hundreds of clubs for almost any interest. Far from malls - if you're talking mega malls so is every home outside of the Villages in Lady Lake, Fruitland Park, Summerfield, Wildwood. Traffic - same everywhere in Florida in season and in many places all year. Not gate communities - the Marion County portion of the Villages is gated you can't just push a button to get in. However, as I understand it the home owners in those villages are responsible for road maintenance while the Sumter County portion roads are maintained by the county. Restrictions - every gated community in Florida has them and so do many counties. Many are more restrictive than the Villages. High fees - many places are higher without the amenities we have. Be on top of your neighbor - the property I have here is exactly the same size I had in Long Island but house is bigger. Renter - there are rental units here both apartments and houses. And the big one "cannot stand the heat" - it's Florida if you don't want heat move to a far northern state cause the heat is here to stay.

Been here 20 years don't love everything about it but the good outweighs the bad.
Old 12-01-2021, 04:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Goodby Joe.
Old 12-01-2021, 04:40 PM

This isn't an airport. You don't have to announce your departure.
Old 12-01-2021, 04:45 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,194 Times in 761 Posts

Wow, somebody didn't do their homework before committing. But fear not, It's a big country to move around in.
Old 12-01-2021, 04:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Goodby Joe.
I must be missing something. Did he say anywhere in his post that he was leaving????
Old 12-01-2021, 04:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
I must be missing something. Did he say anywhere in his post that he was leaving????
A girl can hope...

-Tom Petty
Old 12-01-2021, 05:00 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,777 Times in 3,645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spd2918 View Post
This isn't an airport. You don't have to announce your departure.

Now that is funny!!

Tags
home, season, renter, gated, traffic

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.