Vinyl Siding

Closed Thread
Old 05-28-2008, 11:48 PM
Veteran member
Default Vinyl Siding

With all the complaints I have read in the POA paper about the vinyl siding and the developer, I thought I would share my experience with you.

About seven weeks ago I called the Warranty Office for an inspection of my siding (I am here almost 4 years). The next day the original superintendent came to my home and checked the siding. He said there are some places that have to be repaired.

Yesterday a team of 4 men and the supervisor came to my home and checked the whole house and repaired everything that had to be done. This was done by All Around Aluminum. They are polite, neat and efficient.

I just wanted everyone to know that everything that was promised to me was done.

Old 05-29-2008, 12:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,697 Times in 604 Posts
Default Re: Vinyl Siding

you were still within the 1 year warranty then?
how does one spot defective siding anyway?
Old 05-29-2008, 12:47 AM

Florida girl..wish I could say the same. My warantee was up Oct 16 and I paid an inspector to come to my home check it out and draw up a report of what repairs needed to be done. He submitted the paperwork before the Oct 16th deadline which actually now extends my waranttee. We had major siding issues and Todd King (the builder) came out and said he would take care of this while I was back in NY and by my next trip down it would all be completed ..I live in NY for now.
I got back to the villages in March and guess what..it wasnt done. Spoke with warantee office and they asked me to leave the lanai door unlocked so that when I left for NY they could repair the siding..According to the gentlement taking care of my home..they still havent fixed the siding.
will be down again June 18th and will contact the warantee office before arriving to put them on alert..I am tired of the promises made and never kept.
It is a little difficult to get things taken care of when you arent living there but still they do need to take care of this..Okay..I'm done venting.....
Well Im about to come down again June 18
Old 05-29-2008, 02:18 AM
Veteran member

I am living here 4 years. The one year warranty expired three years ago.

Old 05-29-2008, 02:23 AM
mcelheny

Anyone who calls the warranty Dept and complains will get it inspected and fixed. Almost everyone on my street had their villas done and our street was built in 2004...not a problem.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:51 AM
Gold member

Floridagal and mcelheny: Could I ask, please, what villages your homes are in? Thanks!
Old 05-29-2008, 02:57 AM
mcelheny

I'm in Ashland.
Old 05-29-2008, 03:03 AM
Gold member

Hmmm, we're in Belvedere, also built in 2004 and close by to Ashland. When we first heard of the siding problem, we checked ours following the guidelines we'd been given (look at it by sighting down from the end of the house looking for bulges, etc.) and couldn't find a problem. Actually, the only siding issue we've noticed stems from our having the barbecue grill too close to the house, but that had nothing to do with the construction....
Old 05-29-2008, 01:14 PM
mcelheny

My husband and I checked ours- no problem too. But when they came they found many problems with not enough nails, improper cut outs and trim not put on right. One neighbor they had used the wrong nails...ones that rust. > Another neighbor had such a problem that they took all the siding down and went and got new siding and did the whole house new. That was a problem with how the siding overlapped. > None of us though we had any problem with our siding :dontknow: :dontknow: We though we had no problems!
It is free to have them come so...
Old 05-29-2008, 01:17 PM
mcelheny

They also are not using the company that sided them in the first place. They don't have any good things to say about that company.
Old 05-29-2008, 01:53 PM
Veteran member

I live in the Village of Sunset Pointe
Old 06-05-2008, 11:40 PM

I'm in Duval and my next dooor neighbors had their entire house redone because the siding was that bad. Mine is pretty bad also and as I said I was promised it would be done before my last visit, then while I was there in March,,Jim Boston came out and promised that if we left our lanai door unlocked they would fix it while we were back in NY..Hasnt happened and I am gearing up to contact the warantee dept before my next trip down on 6/18...I think that when you arent there full time and come down every so often to vacation (in your own home) they feel they can get away with more.
Unfortunately I will have bo be a little more forceful with them this time and a little more demanding..I hate to have to do this as I hate having to be in NY and when I get down there..I want to enjoy myself not get aggrivated...
Cant wait for full retirement...Laura
Old 06-06-2008, 12:43 AM

Mr. Mark Morris stated, at the VHA meeting, that the POA has blown up the so called siding problem way out of proportion. If you read the above comments, maybe the siding problem may be a little more serious than Mr Morris would lead us to believe. The POA estimates that the problem may involve more the 5000 homes. Sounds like a minor problem to me.
Old 06-06-2008, 12:52 AM
mcelheny

I live in Asland on Whisper Street. Everyone who called...the inspectors found someting wrong!!! :dontknow: over 20 houses and each house had different problems. :dontknow: None of us knew we had any problems.
I feel sorry for the absent homeowners who didn't call. Our street was worked on the middle of May when many snowbirds had left.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.