Vip brownwood 7/4/2019 $50

Closed Thread
Old 07-06-2019, 07:30 AM
Platinum member
Default The Muscle Cars

I heard that the Entertainment Dept. solicited Muscle Car owners to bring their nice cars to Brownwood for this Fourth of July event. They wanted 35 cars.

Then the owners found out, the CAR OWNER had to pay for that "privilege" plus submit 4 photographs before early July. What's with that?

So not only are the spectators charged, the people and clubs helping to make it a fun event are being charged.

Soon, if you are Twirlers, Cloggers or other Club that performs or participates in events on the squares, you'll have to pay for that "privilege".

Also, how would you like to be a restaurant owner on the square (paying high rent to be there) and see a "food truck" parked in front of your business?

THIS IS WRONG!

Skip
Old 07-06-2019, 07:33 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,776 Times in 3,644 Posts

An annual event (or events)...........maybe a number of annual events two or three or four times per year..............is setting up a pecker order???

What a joke.

Seems to be a pecker order already.............housing prices from $100,000 to $2,000,000.

Not to mention clothes, golf carts, pickleball paddles, golf clubs, cars, Fresh Market vs Winn Dixie, top-shelf vs. well. I actually saw someone buying premium gas. OH MY!!!!

Peck, Peck, Peck. Pick Pick, Pick.

Last edited by dewilson58; 07-06-2019 at 07:43 AM.
Old 07-06-2019, 07:36 AM
Sage

They have had food trucks at Brownwood during special events on certain holidays for several years now. This happens a few times a year. Most of the restaurants are still there. Regarding paying a fee to display my car, I have two thoughts. They would not want my car and if they did I wouldn't pay a fee ;-) Whatever floats your boat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
I heard that the Entertainment Dept. solicited Muscle Car owners to bring their nice cars to Brownwood for this Fourth of July event. They wanted 35 cars.

Then the owners found out, the CAR OWNER had to pay for that "privilege" plus submit 4 photographs before early July. What's with that?

So not only are the spectators charged, the people and clubs helping to make it a fun event are being charged.

Soon, if you are Twirlers, Cloggers or other Club that performs or participates in events on the squares, you'll have to pay for that "privilege".

Also, how would you like to be a restaurant owner on the square (paying high rent to be there) and see a "food truck" parked in front of your business?

THIS IS WRONG!

Skip
Old 07-06-2019, 07:38 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
The VIP plan is VERY SAD as it starts to set up a "pecking order"for the Villager's. One of the most attractive thing about the Villages was all residents were equal. This takes that concept away. This sets up the villages can be bought and that is the start of a new profile of The Villages. We have a number of facilities for which you can purchase tickets, (e.g. Sharon,Savannah Center,) while the Town Squares were for everyone. That has now been broken because of "GREED". It opens the doors to more expansions of GREED. I hope the Developer sees the poor taste this brings to The Villages.
As far as I know, everyone had an equal chance at the limited number of tickets. Those that were fortunate enough to be first in line are not higher in a 'pecking order'. They were simply quicker. I just don't see this as a big deal. It happened, it's over, no one was hurt. Let's get back to taking pictures of bad parking.
Old 07-06-2019, 08:17 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs down Why Big Deal

Because it is the closing of a traditional event for all and not just the ones "that can pay" even for the privilege to be under coverage for weather, easier entering to dancing, etc. It is like the scam where a dollar is charged to your credit card to see if you are watching your finances. If you don't question it then in the future you will be charged for a lot of things. This is like that in that if you don't question the practice you can count on more things having charges, (e.g. cover charges, charges for access, charges to attend or be a VIP for portions of the event, etc. etc.)
We will not be apart of that attempt of charging for extra bags, but feel for the people on the outside looking in.
Old 07-06-2019, 08:26 AM
Sage

Smells like Chicken Little.

Old 07-06-2019, 08:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,083 Times in 2,746 Posts

Sounds to me like the same principal as the priority golf membership. For a fee, people can buy their way into better access to an activity than the rest of the general population. I don't think this is a particularly good idea, and clearly is not equitable, as not all Villagers have the same level of disposable incomes. However, my humble opinion carries very little weight. If enough people are willing to dish out the fees for special treatment, there is little doubt that the powers that be will be more than happy to accept their money.
Old 07-06-2019, 09:28 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Smells like Chicken Little.

then go take a shower
Old 07-06-2019, 09:32 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Sounds to me like the same principal as the priority golf membership. For a fee, people can buy their way into better access to an activity than the rest of the general population. I don't think this is a particularly good idea, and clearly is not equitable, as not all Villagers have the same level of disposable incomes. However, my humble opinion carries very little weight. If enough people are willing to dish out the fees for special treatment, there is little doubt that the powers that be will be more than happy to accept their money.

Thanks for your view.

It kinda feels like the American Way.

Pampering happens at all levels......the quality of hamburger, store-brand vs. name-brand, concert ticket prices, leg room on airplanes.

This pampering probably won't happen again for months.

Your Fellow Little Weight.

Old 07-06-2019, 09:41 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs down Chicken Little

Right, who cares..I'll let the other guy take care of it and ride off his back. AAH, back to sleep.
Old 07-06-2019, 10:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
An annual event (or events)...........maybe a number of annual events two or three or four times per year..............is setting up a pecker order???

What a joke.

Seems to be a pecker order already.............housing prices from $100,000 to $2,000,000.

Not to mention clothes, golf carts, pickleball paddles, golf clubs, cars, Fresh Market vs Winn Dixie, top-shelf vs. well. I actually saw someone buying premium gas. OH MY!!!!

Peck, Peck, Peck. Pick Pick, Pick.

I do believe you mean PECKING order. A pecker order is totally different and NSFW.
Old 07-06-2019, 10:47 AM
Sage

Quote:

THIS IS WRONG!

Skip
I agree on everything except for the restaurant part. Short term they MIGHT lose a couple of sales but long term it brings in hundreds (sometime thousands) of people who might never know they even exist. Besides, in general when there is some sort of major festival or celebration people aren't going to sit for 2 hrs at Bluefin or the other couple restaurants, they want to grab some fast food like a hot-dog and some fries and look around. During the larger festivals those restaurants are generally busier than they would have been had the square been dead as it usually is at 2-3PM on a similar day. Pedestrian TRAFFIC is the best type of free advertising. The more people who pass in front of your door the more it helps future business. If they were smart they would hand out menus and even offer samples of their appetizers.
Old 07-06-2019, 11:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:

THIS IS WRONG!

Skip
I've asked you a million times not to exaggerate!

And the Restaurant owner probably thinks the same thing that shop owners think on vendor night..... Wow! Look at all the people in the Square tonight.

My glass is half full!
Old 07-06-2019, 12:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
I do believe you mean PECKING order. A pecker order is totally different and NSFW.

Intentional.

Old 07-06-2019, 01:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Intentional.
That's even better!
Closed Thread

Tags
vip, $50, brownwood, tonight, money

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.