Virus, do you know a Villager with it???

Closed Thread
Old 03-28-2020, 11:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
I wouldn't say dumb because I too take that medication. I was going to some treatments a week ago (but had 'some' trepidation'---still using social distance and cleaning of hands etc). NOW though I'm sequestured in our home and probably won't go out unless it's for a ride in the car to just have a change of scenery or to get some much needed items at the store. Read, but haven't personally experienced it, that Winn Dixie is enforcing some social distancing guide-lines. Hope the rest of the chains are going to do the same. I so wish good health for you Kitty, for that man who may have the virus, for your friends and everyone else.
Has hydroxy chloraquine be shown to prevent the virus or just to mitigate the symptoms?

Is it thought to be a preventative as well as curative?

As far as I know, it has been used in conjunction with a Z-Pak or azithromycin.

If I were on hydroxy chloraquine I would want to know these things. And for the rest of us I'd like to know because if it is not a preventative and people are walking around thinking that they are safe because they are on it for the RA or whatever, and they are not, then they are risking other people's lives.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Closed Thread

Tags
villager, wondering, days, virus, tracking

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.