The Visit

Closed Thread
Old 10-04-2019, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
I saw some of that. It seemed to be the only Orlando area station that was showing it live like that. I did not check FOX though. I can only take so much of Fox.

Shepard Smith I'll watch from time to time.
Old 10-04-2019, 09:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,739 Times in 5,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Don’t have Fox channel, I’m sorry to have missed the speech. It’d have been so nice to see the President in TV.
Here is the youtube link.

Trump delivers remarks on Medicare in Florida - YouTube
Old 10-04-2019, 09:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,021 Times in 1,747 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Thank you, link is working.
Old 10-04-2019, 09:13 AM

I'm more interested in the executive order document detailing what exactly is contained within.
Old 10-04-2019, 09:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,739 Times in 5,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrudentLifer View Post
I'm more interested in the executive order document detailing what exactly is contained within.
Here is a link for the executive order. I don't know why it says access denied, but clicking on it should take you to the document.

Access Denied
Old 10-04-2019, 09:25 AM
Default The Visit

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Here is a link for the executive order. I don't know why it says access denied, but clicking on it should take you to the document.

Access Denied

Now that I've read it I need a legalese translation. Hopefully the AARP will provide that with their upcoming publications. Thanks for the link retiredguy.
Old 10-04-2019, 09:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Now that I've read it I need a legalese translation. Hopefully the AARP will provide that with their upcoming publications. Thanks for the link retiredguy.
Column: What seniors should know about Trump’s Medicare executive order | PBS NewsHour This link is from PBS, it may help.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 10-04-2019, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post

Thank you
Old 10-04-2019, 01:45 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts
Default The Rest of the Story

Please stop, think, and read between the lines.

I can see a plan behind the “plan” that sure looks to me like this can easily lead to the total privatization of Medicare, thus turning total control of your healthcare over to insurance companies that can hold you hostage, by stonewalling your freedom to choose how and where and with whom you want your care.

Advantage plans, though the cost to the consumer is the most reasonable, are highly profitable for insurance companies.

This thing sure looks like it will lead to yet another golden egg laid — though not to the benefit of those who like choice, like having their Medicare as primary with a Plan F as secondary. Plan F is the most expensive supplement, but if serious health issues happen, the coverage takes care of everything and you do not have to try to navigate networks.

Plan F is going away after this year except for those who are grandfathered in. I have heard that plan G is also good and less expensive because of a relatively small deductible. (I think that’s right about plan G but I do not know the details for sure. I do completely understand Plan F though.)

I recognize that the lower premiums of an advantage plan are important to many seniors. That is their choice.

But I do not want my choice taken away, my choice of a mix of Medicare and a supplement.

I realize my opinion will be dismissed by most posters here, but I hope some may take a step back, take a close look, and think ahead about how quick a leap it can be from this order to total privatization of Medicare. It is is a slippery slope. (And speaking of slippery, I sure hope that we don’t see each other on the ice floes where I will have to weakly wave and whisper, “I told you so.”)

Please give my thoughts some thought.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 10-04-2019 at 01:59 PM.
Old 10-04-2019, 03:21 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
I thought it interesting that the MA plans double the profits compared to private plans, to the private insurers.

The Kaiser Family Foundation is a credible source.
With respect, the Kaiser Foundation was in the tank on Obamacare from the get go. They favor government run health insurance.
Old 10-04-2019, 03:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,522 Times in 3,108 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha1 View Post
With respect, the Kaiser Foundation was in the tank on Obamacare from the get go. They favor government run health insurance.
Government run health insurance predates Obama by around 40 years. Medicare was created in 1965. It IS, by definition, government-run health insurance.

Most seniors benefit from it, and the vast majority of seniors have already paid into it, whether they use it or not.
Old 10-04-2019, 03:41 PM
Default The Visit

Quote:

Because they recognize the need for all Americans to have access to affordable health care. I see nothing wrong with that. They analyze for us dummies so we as educated consumers can make the right decision unencumbered from the falsehoods that private insurers and brokers advertise on every media source available.
Old 10-04-2019, 03:50 PM
Sage

Quote:
Because they recognize the need for all Americans to have access to affordable health care. I see nothing wrong with that. They analyze for us dummies so we as educated consumers can make the right decision unencumbered from the falsehoods that private insurers and brokers advertise on every media source available.
Quote:
Also with respect, Aloha1 is absolutely correct.

The Kaiser Foundation certainly does favor government run health insurance. So if that is what you favor, I’m sure they are a “credible source”.
Old 10-04-2019, 03:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
Also with respect, Aloha1 is absolutely correct.

The Kaiser Foundation certainly does favor government run health insurance. So if that is what you favor, I’m sure they are a “credible source”.
Not sure the basis for this statement but would love to know from where you get the information on which you base this.....

"ts website has been heralded for having the "most up-to-date and accurate information on health policy"[3] and as a "must-read for healthcare devotees."[4]

Kaiser Family Foundation - Wikipedia

Not saying you are wrong for sure, but always curious what makes folks think a certain site is so bias. I usually check around and try, at least try to determine things like that Find nothing as of yet, but certainly await your information.

My post is not to support of or express non support of anything because it is very complicated but again...to BOOMERS point, please pay attention and read and not accept much of the rhetoric out there.
Old 10-04-2019, 04:24 PM
Sage
Default Quick Followup to The Visit

I know this probably won't last long, but I took the trouble to put together what I think is a reasonable reply to a reasonable post, but the thread was closed before I hit the "post" button. I wanted to give it a chance.

From that thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
Not sure the basis for this statement but would love to know from where you get the information on which you base this......
Well, you started off with an easy question. I got my information from this website...

Kaiser Family Foundation - Health Policy Research, Analysis, Polling, Facts, Data and Journalism

Quote:
...Not saying you are wrong for sure, but always curious what makes folks think a certain site is so bias. I usually check around and try, at least try to determine things like that Find nothing as of yet, but certainly await your information...
Wait no longer...I went to the site and read. (Are you sure you're not saying I'm wrong? Heheh.)
Quote:
...please pay attention and read and not accept much of the rhetoric out there.
Can't argue with that advice.
Closed Thread

Tags
thursday, event, visit, practicing, big

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.