Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

First one on the street, Both homes. So NO
Old 02-04-2020, 11:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,933 Times in 2,456 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
Canvas the area before you buy .You don't want to have someone who back up to your Lanai that smokes or has barking dogs
Close as some Lanai’s are I wouldn’t want someone that whispered too loud. Sound travels when only 10 yard apart.
Bottom line, you can control you’re neighbors or surrounding that’s not inside you’re little cube.
Old 02-04-2020, 11:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,933 Times in 2,456 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PersonalChoice View Post
Don't let the "kissing lanai" scare you off. We have wonderful neighbors.
Rolled the dice and you’ve won! For now
Old 02-05-2020, 05:52 AM
Default Neighbors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patents111 View Post
Given the population density of TV, it would seem that the neighbors adjacent or near the home you are considering to purchase could be almost as important as the actual features of the home itself.

The question then is: Did you meet any neighbors before you purchased? If you did, did it assist or influence your purchase decision? If, not, do you wish you had?
We gave absolutely no thought to neighbors. We had our own list of priorities and we were blessed to have found an ideal home for us. After being here for 7+ months we have found that at least 95% of folks here in the villages are friendly and helpful. I call this type of living "A slice of paradise".
Old 02-05-2020, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
If people visited me before buying, most properties in the area would be vacant.
Now that is funny.
Old 02-05-2020, 07:57 AM

I passed on a house that had a yapping dog next door. I don't need the constant aggravation.
Old 02-05-2020, 08:32 AM
Veteran member

Yes I did meet my neighbors before I bought my house and one of the neighbors introduced me to almost all the other neighbors that day. It is a friendly, nice neighborhood. I really like the people here and I'm glad I moved here.
Old 02-05-2020, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
I guess I was thinking that I’m joining a community, not just buying a house. But that’s just me.
You are joining a community. It spans 3 Zip Codes, 3 Counties, 40+ square miles and growing. Meeting neighbors before is like finding out the 'real' deal when you move in with someone. When I moved into my current (3rd) home, people were wary of me but came to realize that not only was I a nice person, but also a good person to know!
Old 02-05-2020, 08:52 AM
Default Visit neighbors before buying

we have a place in the villages and we have had 4 and we live next to sumter the day we moved in my next door to came over to tell me my lines and my gates now I wont even talk to him / I still like the villages and I just stay away from him /
Old 02-05-2020, 09:01 AM

Bought neighbors sight unseen and they have turned to be wonderful , we share tools , lunches , dinners parties and look out for each other’s properties . Most people are just like us , engaging friendly and welcoming here. They wish to enjoy our golden years and openly offer contentment to share in my humble opinion
Old 02-05-2020, 09:17 AM
Send a message via AIM to newgirl

Yes!!! Do not buy unless you do, wrong neighbors can make life hell .
Old 02-05-2020, 09:55 AM

It is also really important to listen to surroundings. Is there a noisy pool or postal station nearby? Noisy golf cart path or street? Stand around for a bit and see. That stuff will drive you more crazy than the neighbors as you can't get away from it. Neighbors may change, infrastructure not so much.
Old 02-05-2020, 11:36 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patents111 View Post
Given the population density of TV, it would seem that the neighbors adjacent or near the home you are considering to purchase could be almost as important as the actual features of the home itself.

The question then is: Did you meet any neighbors before you purchased? If you did, did it assist or influence your purchase decision? If, not, do you wish you had?
The only thing I heard when we were looking for a home was, some of the older subdivisions the people are very clicking but personally I think that’s a bunch of hooie. If your looking for a great village to live in look at TV of Charlotte. The people there will come to you & ask you to join them. But I’m sure almost all of them go out of their way to welcome you! You’ll love it no matter where you buy!
Old 02-05-2020, 11:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Just keep your eyes peeled...for any confederate flags.

I'm still trying to figure out though, how one thinks they can 'evaluate' current neighbors in what would be the most basic of ways...and make a decision based on the flimsiest of research?

Old 02-05-2020, 11:41 AM
Default New Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
I personally couldn't imagine, going around the neighborhood to try and gauge...whether I would like my neighbors.

I think this action would be woefully incomplete, given that I hardly think you could spend enough time to really get to know them...unless maybe you gave them a detailed survey to complete.

To me, buying a home this way would be analogous to buying a car...because you like the tires currently on it.

Both can change in a heartbeat and any such purchase should be based on things...a lot more substantial.
I agree politically can be an issue , but in todays society who knows. I am building I know if someone is different than me could be a problem. But like you said who knows?
Closed Thread

Tags
neighbors, purchase, home, question, meet

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.