Visit to The Villages

Old 03-19-2024, 10:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin1942 View Post
We are going to stay at a RV park in Ocala, and drive to the Villages with our tow car to meet with a sales rep to buy in the villages. I was just asking if a golf cart would also be available to use.
You had a fair question, disregard all those that jumped to the wrong conclusions.
Enjoy your visit……..😎

Old 03-19-2024, 10:53 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,377 Times in 500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
OP is not doing a lifestyle visit, and asking will agent supply cart if staying in an RV?

OP you really need to research where you are parking RV, and proximity of any entrance to TV. If you aren’t paying for a lifestyle visit, i can’t think of any agent that would take such a risk to provide you with anything related to a lifestyle visit, much less a very expensive golf cart.

They would be happy to show you homes, maybe buy you lunch. But nothing related to a LSV would be in the mix
You win the prize for reading comprehension. You are the only one who understood that the OP did not say they were doing a lifestyle visit.

Actually one of a few

Old 03-19-2024, 11:42 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,974 Times in 755 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by frayedends View Post
But that’s what the op said. They are not doing a lifestyle visit.

I doubt the agent would spring for a cart. Rentals cost a bit and agents don’t have access to free carts.

But hey the post about Walmart is true. They allow people to use their lots for rvs. I know someone who literally lived in a Walmart lot.
True and Walmart parking lot is golf cart accessible.

Old 03-19-2024, 11:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
We are going to stay at a RV park in Ocala, and drive to the Villages with our tow car to meet with a sales rep to buy in the villages. I was just asking if a golf cart would also be available to use.
Glad to see you weren't a troll. No matter how you visit, you'll be amazed. I think a lot of us would recommend a longer stay/lifestyle visit to really get the feel of the place. It is so large with different areas that it's hard to evaluate in a short time. (Says the guy who bought on day 4 of a visit )

Old 03-19-2024, 02:57 PM

Thanks to all of you for your comments and suggestions. I think I will leave the RV at home and do a Lifestyle visit.

Old 03-19-2024, 03:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,050 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Thanks to all of you for your comments and suggestions. I think I will leave the RV at home and do a Lifestyle visit.
Before you buy suggest rent for a month or more to explore this place and decide where you might want to live. One week is not nearly enough time.

Old 03-19-2024, 05:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Smart move, one can’t get a feel for TV unless you can wake up here travel to historic side, then south of 44. Then walk couple of the town squares have lunch and dinners chat with residents. Visit the walking paths, and parks, look at the well kept landscape and pretty flowers. Admire the multitude of golf courses. Every rec center is different and enjoy stopping at them and see all the amenities.

Take Multiple cart rides, to see TV at a slower pace. A car does not do it justice.

There isn’t a resident here that won’t answer a question, give you directions, best place to eat, and the most question and answer…..

I live in Village of __________ and it is by far where you should live.

Problem is there are more than $150,000 people who all truly believe they live in the best Village.

Take time travel the entire TV and then think about what checks off boxes and what you don’t care about. Many have moved to their permanent forever home, and lots of us have moved multiple times usually to newer areas. We are on our 5 move here, and our 4th house in TV.

Big breath and just take in the moment

Old 03-19-2024, 06:56 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,687 Times in 973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Smart move, one can’t get a feel for TV unless you can wake up here travel to historic side, then south of 44. Then walk couple of the town squares have lunch and dinners chat with residents. Visit the walking paths, and parks, look at the well kept landscape and pretty flowers. Admire the multitude of golf courses. Every rec center is different and enjoy stopping at them and see all the amenities.

Take Multiple cart rides, to see TV at a slower pace. A car does not do it justice.

There isn’t a resident here that won’t answer a question, give you directions, best place to eat, and the most question and answer…..

I live in Village of __________ and it is by far where you should live.

Problem is there are more than $150,000 people who all truly believe they live in the best Village.

Take time travel the entire TV and then think about what checks off boxes and what you don’t care about. Many have moved to their permanent forever home, and lots of us have moved multiple times usually to newer areas. We are on our 5 move here, and our 4th house in TV.

Big breath and just take in the moment
I've seen some villages I like better than mine. However, and unfortunately, they tend to be a $million or two out of my budget.

Old 03-19-2024, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Before you buy suggest rent for a month or more to explore this place and decide where you might want to live. One week is not nearly enough time.
This is the conclusion my wife and I came to after making several one-day trips to TV, and reading this forum. Initially, we were thinking about building in Moultrie Creek. I am thankful we didn’t pull the lever even though we were both excited about the prospect.

So many things to consider like bond, distance to walking trails, recreation centers, shopping, taxes, town squares, golf courses, taxes, age of roof (if buying existing) to name a few. Each village is unique, which is not so obvious when you first visit. So many flavors to choose from.

We have been there 6 times now and discover something new every time.

We are planning on renting and my wife is super excited about shopping for a house. Still not decided on new or used yet. She said she would feel “cheated” if she did not get the opportunity to find the right nest.

Old 03-19-2024, 07:45 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,045 Times in 536 Posts
Default Hmmm

If you wanted to experience many of the amenities, you would need a pass. Perhaps the Villages rep has the ability to give you an all inclusive pass for non guests?

“ There are those who believe something, and therefore will tolerate nothing; and on the other hand, those who tolerate everything, because they believe nothing.” - Robert Browning

Old 03-19-2024, 09:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,520 Times in 3,108 Posts

Quote:
Another option would be to bring the RV down and stay a LOT closer to The Villages. There are a couple of RV resorts and trailer parks that offer space for short-term and seasonal visits, one is just two blocks away from Chula Vista, one of The Villages neighborhoods. You could basically walk across the street and through the path of the driving range, to see the homes there. It's actually very pretty, it's one of the first neighborhoods built on that side of 441 when the Villages was originally developed.

That way, you could stay at the RV park, and then just take the tow car into the town square where they have the cart rentals and rent for a day. Maybe even work out some kind of deal where you rent for a week, but keep the cart there when it's not in use.

Recreation Plantation only three miles from Sumter Landing Town Square, and they have cart rentals there. RP is also right on Rolling Acres at Rte 466, so you can easily get groceries at Publix or Winn Dixie, and half a dozen enormous strip-malls. RP is /also/ just 2.5 miles from Spanish Springs town square by bicycle or on foot. It's just around 3 miles by car.

Old 03-20-2024, 04:52 AM
Sage

T.V. is huge......you might even be confused while driving around as the roads are curvy and we have round-abouts. So be sure to drive defensively to start with. You are smart to book a Life-style visit. NOT sure how far out they're booked but pretty sure they'd put you in the new southern part. Good thing too, you aren't renting a cart as that puts another spin on things....but that's a whole other thread. Enjoy your visit!!

Old 03-20-2024, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Will my sales agent provide a golf cart without doing a life style visit I will be staying in a RV
A lifestyle visit is not done in an rv. It is done in a new villages home. It costs 99 to 179 a night and does come with a golf cart. Only the villages sales force is entitled to sell this. Please do not get scammed.

Old 03-20-2024, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frayedends View Post
But that’s what the op said. They are not doing a lifestyle visit.

I doubt the agent would spring for a cart. Rentals cost a bit and agents don’t have access to free carts.

But hey the post about Walmart is true. They allow people to use their lots for rvs. I know someone who literally lived in a Walmart lot.
Walmart has cancelled their overnight rules. No more...

Old 03-20-2024, 05:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,379 Times in 2,520 Posts

Agree with those who recommend renting for a period prior to thinking of purchasing.
Lifestyle visits will not show some of the possible drawbacks behind all the wonderful scenery.
The Villages are huge now, and location is very important.
Lifestyle is basically buy in the new development area, whereas a longer stay will allow you to see the more established areas, which in my book, are better areas.
JMO.

Tags
visit, staying, style, life, golf

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.