Visiting friends in TV

Closed Thread
Old 03-05-2017, 08:15 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,686 Times in 972 Posts
Default Visiting friends in TV

Wife and I are down here for the third time, visiting old friends in TV. I want to give a shout out to TV, and the general friendliness of everyone, and tolerance towards some of my more idiotic behavior.

I walked into the Colony Square Golf Cart place to pick up my rental. I was politely informed I was suppose to pick it up TOMORROW. They could not have been nicer. Got me all set up... friendly, cheerful, and made my stupidity a friendly experience.

So, not being a resident I kind of screwed up the drive home and wound up on a golf course. I was very pleasantly informed of where I'd missed my turn...
Later I realized that while very conscientious about using my turn signal on the cart, I was not so good about remembering to turn it off, so I was THAT GUY obliviously tooling down the cart lane with the blinker going, without actually making any turns.

I will endeavor to do better tomorrow.
Keep on Villaging!
Old 03-05-2017, 08:38 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,043 Times in 369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker14 View Post
Wife and I are down here for the third time, visiting old friends in TV. I want to give a shout out to TV, and the general friendliness of everyone, and tolerance towards some of my more idiotic behavior.

I walked into the Colony Square Golf Cart place to pick up my rental. I was politely informed I was suppose to pick it up TOMORROW. They could not have been nicer. Got me all set up... friendly, cheerful, and made my stupidity a friendly experience.

So, not being a resident I kind of screwed up the drive home and wound up on a golf course. I was very pleasantly informed of where I'd missed my turn...
Later I realized that while very conscientious about using my turn signal on the cart, I was not so good about remembering to turn it off, so I was THAT GUY obliviously tooling down the cart lane with the blinker going, without actually making any turns.

Keep on Villaging!
We've all made those mistakes. It's hard to get lost here, someone will give you directions to where you are trying to go. Enjoy your stay !!!
Old 03-06-2017, 02:17 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Eventual left turn blinker is a norm in many states
Old 03-06-2017, 10:27 AM
Sage

You're gonna fit right in!
Old 03-06-2017, 11:41 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Turn signal left on is common. Missing a turn and tooling around a golf course happens frequently. It's TV, so getting days confused also very common (days all run together unless you have a specific activity on a given day). So, all gaffes common to this neck of the woods. (Wait until you've driven nothing but the golf cart for a few days and then blithely start to take your car on the golf cart path! The joys of feeling really dumb.) given your lovely sense of humor, you not only fit in but will be welcomed with open arms. (If you're a Dem or a liberal, don't tell anyone -- those arms might close up.) HAVE FUN!

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 03-06-2017, 11:50 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker14 View Post

Keep on Villaging!
Yes you are right they are very friendly and helpful at that store. I know exactly where you ended up on the golf course right next to the Hadley gate. It is natural to do what you did and go straight, but for some reason they didn't continue the cart path down that direction and they make you turn right and go down Odell to pick it up again. So don't be too hard on yourself it is a design flaw. If you haven't heard of it you might want to download the Villages Golf Cart GPS app. It's just like a normal GPS, talks you to the different rec centers and golf courses in The Villages. I think it is $4.99 and is for your phone.
Old 03-06-2017, 06:09 PM
Soaring Eagle member

:WE played nine holes at Sarasota today with the wives. But not before I showed up at the wrong starter shack. It was all straightened out with giggles and smiles.
Old 03-06-2017, 06:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

[QUOTE=Laker14;1368827]Wife and I are down here for the third time, visiting old friends in TV. I want to give a shout out to TV, and the general friendliness of everyone, and tolerance towards some of my more idiotic behavior.

Keep on Villaging![/QUOTE]

The third time. Do you stay at your friends house? For how long?
Old 03-06-2017, 07:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Just after they built that string of banks next to Walgreens by Pinellas Plaza, I pulled into one of their drive-ins and said, "Prescription for CFrance"!!

Nice compliment about Villagers--thanks! We usually just hear about the not-so-nice interactions.
Old 03-06-2017, 08:38 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
[QUOTE=Laker14;1368827]Wife and I are down here for the third time, visiting old friends in TV. I want to give a shout out to TV, and the general friendliness of everyone, and tolerance towards some of my more idiotic behavior.

Keep on Villaging!
The third time. Do you stay at your friends house? For how long?[/QUOTE]

Third time in 8 years. I keep extending the stay. I've known these folks for 40 years. In fact, my wife and I introduced them to each other. So, in a way....they "owe" us...sort of. Maybe in a good way. Maybe not.
Old 03-06-2017, 09:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,078 Times in 2,745 Posts

We did the same thing as you, came three times to Visit good friends. That's all it took! The fourth time we came to the Villages we did our research before coming, rented for a month, and found our retirement home. Gotta love the Villages. Now we just have to separate ourselves from all of our responsibilities up north so we can enjoy it here for longer than occasional visits. Probable a very common story.
Old 03-06-2017, 09:38 PM

There are a lot of good things about this place but it is not always "america's friendliest hometown". Have fun but watch yourself just as you would at any other place you would live.
Old 03-07-2017, 12:19 PM
Sage

Your good humor will fit right in TV. I always say, "you gotta love it here".

Enjoy your stay!

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Closed Thread

Tags
turn, cart, informed, tomorrow, visiting

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.