Visitors and Need for Second Bathroom

Closed Thread
Old 04-27-2011, 09:32 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
I plan on being the type of person that will not move when I purchase in TV. I don't like moving so I hope I get it right the first time.
I hope you get it right the first time. Supposedly, the average person in TV moves three times. Yikes. Sometimes you need to live in a home or a neighbourhood for a while before you decide if it's "perfect" for you.

Some people choose to put up visitors at a nearby hotel. Probably would be less expensive than getting a larger house.

Last edited by Barefoot; 04-27-2011 at 02:02 PM.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:08 AM
Veteran member

Once you have lived in a home with two baths you can never go back to just one. That second bath is so little cost for so much convenience.

"Live life while you're alive, because when you're dead, you're dead a long time".- Roland Michael Curtis
Old 04-30-2011, 02:25 PM

It is amazing how spoiled we get. I grew up in a 1 bathroom home with 9 of us living there! I don't know how we did it. My housemate and I have a 2.5 bath home and would never go back to 1!!! Privacy is tops in my book!
Old 04-30-2011, 02:30 PM

2 bed/2bath. You'll regret buying a unit with only one bath.
Old 04-30-2011, 03:08 PM
Platinum member

And consider this:

I use my guest bathroom all the time when I'm working in my den. The bath is adjacent to the den, but the master bath is all the way on the other side of the house! That's a long way!

SWR
Old 04-30-2011, 03:37 PM
Sage

Hi 2B,
Having a second bathroom for guests is surely more convenient. If it's within your budget, I'd definitely go for it.

However, I cannot say it is "wrong" for a one-person household to have a one-bath home. If buying a two-bath would stretch your budget to the point that your lifestyle would suffer in other ways, or would leave you unable to handle emergencies, that could tip the (bathroom) scale in favor of a one. No one should ever have to apologize for living within their means.
Old 04-30-2011, 08:25 PM
Soaring Eagle member

If something goes wrong with the master bath it might be nice to have a second one.
If a budget is important I would tend to go toward the one bath with the idea that I would not be reselling.
Old 04-30-2011, 08:51 PM

We have a one bedroom, one bath patio villa. I must admit that I miss a second bathroom much more than a second bedroom! I would go for the two bath I you can afford it.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:05 PM

Hate to steal the thread, but I have a question. Can two people be happy in a 2 bedroom villa? We are moving to TV and we currently live in a three bedroom 2300 SF 3 story condo. We want to downsize and simplify, which 2 bed 2 bath model would you recommend in order to not feel like we are always on top of one another?
Old 05-09-2011, 08:54 PM
Sage

Don't know which model to recommend. Can tell you this....we lived in a 2-bedroom 2-bath condo for 6 years and hated having only two bedrooms, mostly when company came. Our second bedroom would only accommodate a full-sized bed. We felt bad having to put guests there. Maybe if it had been larger and we could have had a Q-size bed it would have been better. Now we have a 3-bedroom designer and it feels just right.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:40 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxman View Post
Hate to steal the thread, but I have a question. Can two people be happy in a 2 bedroom villa? We are moving to TV and we currently live in a three bedroom 2300 SF 3 story condo. We want to downsize and simplify, which 2 bed 2 bath model would you recommend in order to not feel like we are always on top of one another?
Similar thoughts went through our minds when we were considering buying in TV. We decided on getting designer instead of a Villa with using the simple question... could we afford to correct the situation if we found that a Villa turned out to be a mistake for us. The answer for us was no, especially since it would be a second home for us. (at least at first) You however will have to answer that question for yourself and nobody can answer it for you! Final note... if it comfortably fits your financial situation, seriously consider a designer! We were glad we did!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 05-10-2011, 05:46 AM
nkrifats

We do and it has not been an issue. If you are concerned about Guest and the size of the 2nd bedroom. That could be an issue. We have not experienced that issue yet. Keeping in mind that most Guest are not there for that long. We are downsizing from a larger home in the Northeast and I for one am happy to be looking at less to take care of.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:53 AM
Gold member
Default Yes you can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxman View Post
My wife and I come from a 3BR condo on LI,NY and have a 2b/2B CYV here. we have used to being together in a smaller place. Love will find a way.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:43 PM

nkrifats, I'm with you the smaller the better. My DW however wants a larger place. I look at it like as long as there is a room for guests that would be fine. DW thinks that we may have to put up one of our parents for an extended time. She is more forward thinking then I. I want to keep our powder dry in a smaller place, which gives us plenty of money to go on trips, play more, and eat out at better restaurants. I do see the advantage however to a larger living space if we spend a lot of time indoors. I am definitely the impulsive one in the relationship.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:49 PM
Gold member

we went for the 3 BR CYV, both to spread out, accommodate guests (we have a lot) and keep the price well under $200,000. If we had bought a 2 BR, we would probably be moving now that we've retired, but that's us - everyone is different. Have met many who are doing just fine in 2 BR units.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.