Visitors and Need for Second Bathroom

Closed Thread
Old 04-26-2011, 05:50 PM
Sage
Default Visitors and Need for Second Bathroom

I am hoping my condo sells in the next couple of months and I am trying to think of what type of home would best suit my needs.

I have been told that several friends and some family would come to visit me.

I am conflicted over what to choose if this were to happen today. I have seen 2 bedrm's and 1 bath on TV pre-owned web site and it seems to be listing at a much lower price than the 2 bdrm/2 bath type patio villas, (the one's that I like).

My son and granddaughter might come once or twice a year. I have a feeling that I won't get many visitors as it has been my experience they say they will come but don't. If this is the more likely scenario, would I be better off with the 2 bdrm/ 1 bath as I am single?

Is the second bathroom mandatory if one is getting visitors?

I was also wondering if 2bdrm/1 bath have a harder time reselling as opposed to 2b/2b? I don't plan on having to resell and move but I'm sure my son will have to sell this home one day.

Any and all thoughts will be appreciated.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:12 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
I am hoping my condo sells in the next couple of months and I am trying to think of what type of home would best suit my needs.

I am conflicted over what to choose if this were to happen today. I have seen 2 bedrm's and 1 bath on TV pre-owned web site and it seems to be listing at a much lower price than the 2 bdrm/2 bath type patio villas, (the one's that I like).

My son and granddaughter might come once or twice a year. I have a feeling that I won't get many visitors as it has been my experience they say they will come but don't. If this is the more likely scenario, would I be better off with the 2 bdrm/ 1 bath as I am single?

I was also wondering if 2bdrm/1 bath have a harder time reselling as opposed to 2b/2b? I don't plan on having to resell and move but I'm sure my son will have to sell this home one day.

I don't believe a second bathroom is "mandatory". It's entirely up to you whether or not you want to share your bathroom should you purchase a 1 bathroom villa. We have a 2 bath villa and I can't imagine guests in my bathroom if we had to share! One bath villas do sell for a lot less than the 2 bath models, simply because there is not as much demand for them. As for how much longer it might take to sell the 1 bath home, perhaps not long. The lower price will appeal to certain buyers and many may feel they can get by with 1 bathroom. Last year our daughter visited with her three kids, ages 9-24. I just can't imagine 6 of us in a 1 bathroom villa! I think you have to think about your own situation and make the best decision you can, considering how much you want to spend and how much you want to share your bathroom! Good luck!
Old 04-26-2011, 06:14 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Personally, I like the idea that my bathroom is private and that guests have access to another bathroom. Therefore, to me, a 2-bdrm, 2-bath is pretty much mandatory whether I have overnight guests or not. Remember, you'll also have people over for games, TV, parties, etc. Do you really want them sharing your bathroom?

And I think your instincts are right -- a two-bathroom home will probably sell easier than a one-bathroom.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 04-26-2011, 07:07 PM
nkrifats

I really like the idea of not sharing my bathroom with guest. 2 BR-2 Bath is only thing I considered.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:22 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

2B,

I completely agree with Red, NK and VillagesFlorida. We even picked a model with an extra half bath. Both Mr KB and I have "bathroom issues" and it is a relief to know there is always one available.

I think the 2bed/2Bath villas are a good choice.

Kate
Old 04-26-2011, 07:25 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

2bntv - it doesn't seem that you have taken into consideration that you are going to make lots of friends when you come to the villages - so you might want to think about the traffic your 1 bathroom would have to deal with when your villages friends come to visit.

Old 04-26-2011, 07:36 PM
Veteran member

Definitely 2bed/2bath.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Personally, I like the idea that my bathroom is private and that guests have access to another bathroom. Therefore, to me, a 2-bdrm, 2-bath is pretty much mandatory whether I have overnight guests or not. Remember, you'll also have people over for games, TV, parties, etc. Do you really want them sharing your bathroom?

And I think your instincts are right -- a two-bathroom home will probably sell easier than a one-bathroom.
I couldn't agree more. Two bathrooms a must for me as well.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post

I personally feel that two bathrooms are a must, for friends as well as for overnight visitors. I think you'd be very sorry later if you opted for a one bathroom.

(Of course many of us were raised in one bathroom homes and did just fine).
But if you can afford two bathrooms, good investment!
Old 04-26-2011, 10:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I vote for two.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:47 PM

I vote for two also and is based on my recent visit to relatives house that have one BR. We have two in TV and when there aren't guests it is a his and hers set-up. The host and guests separation as brought up is a great point as well.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:08 AM
Default two baths

I think one would work fine ,or two ,or three,If you don't have constant friends and relatives invading your space ,looking for a cheap vacation................face it, if they can't wait their turn in the Bath then may it be possible that they are taking advantage of something you have worked for all your life..............How many baths can YOU use at one time, when no one is visiting ......I think that that is how many you need...Your loved ones will adapt.. PS.. If you don't want them to share your bath then someone has a problem.................
Old 04-27-2011, 08:20 AM

Another vote for 2 BR/2 Bath.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:26 AM
Sage

And yet another vote for two. If one breaks, you still have one operating.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:27 AM
Sage
Default Price vs Availability

I plan on being the type of person that will not move when I purchase in TV.
I don't like moving so I hope I get it right the first time.

Second bathroom was 8K to 15K more for a one bath type patio villa, (for the ones I prefer).

Peace of mind is priceless.

We have all worked hard to enjoy ourselves so the extra money was a concern to determine if a second bathroom was mandatory for lack of a better word. Availability is important in times of need.

Thanks guys, you are the best.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.