VLS and MLS Agent commission?

Old 04-27-2024, 07:24 AM
Default Incorrect Information

Your information is totally incorrect. In the state of Florida the way it stands right now, most broker’s run as a transaction broker with nothing needing to be signed. We are definitely allowed to sell our own listings. We do not have dual agency in Florida. We have transaction broker agency. If we want to represent one party exclusively then we do have to get an agreement signed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I know other states are different, but, in Florida, it is illegal to represent both the buyer and the seller as an agent. You can be a transaction agent, but only if you have the written consent of the seller. If you don't have consent, you can only represent one party.
Old 04-27-2024, 07:41 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainger99 View Post
When you represented both parties, did you try to get the lowest price or the highest price?
Without exception my goal was to find a price and terms that were satisfactory to both parties. I honestly do not ever recall a "bad" experience.
Old 04-27-2024, 07:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,791 Times in 5,285 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillagerNut View Post
Your information is totally incorrect. In the state of Florida the way it stands right now, most broker’s run as a transaction broker with nothing needing to be signed. We are definitely allowed to sell our own listings. We do not have dual agency in Florida. We have transaction broker agency. If we want to represent one party exclusively then we do have to get an agreement signed.
This is from the 2023 Florida Statue 475.278 (note the last sentence):

CONSENT TO TRANSITION TO
TRANSACTION BROKER

FLORIDA LAW ALLOWS REAL ESTATE LICENSEES WHO REPRESENT A BUYER OR SELLER AS A SINGLE AGENT TO CHANGE FROM A SINGLE AGENT RELATIONSHIP TO A TRANSACTION BROKERAGE RELATIONSHIP IN ORDER FOR THE LICENSEE TO ASSIST BOTH PARTIES IN A REAL ESTATE TRANSACTION BY PROVIDING A LIMITED FORM OF REPRESENTATION TO BOTH THE BUYER AND THE SELLER. THIS CHANGE IN RELATIONSHIP CANNOT OCCUR WITHOUT YOUR PRIOR WRITTEN CONSENT.

Has this law changed?
Old 04-28-2024, 09:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,791 Times in 5,285 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedquick View Post
Without exception my goal was to find a price and terms that were satisfactory to both parties. I honestly do not ever recall a "bad" experience.
So, if I list my house for $400K with a 6 percent commission, you will represent both the buyer and the seller to get a "satisfactory" price, and then expect me, the seller, to pay you $24,000? There is no way I would ever agree to that. I expect the agent to represent me in negotiations and to get the highest reasonable price. I'm glad that Florida law doesn't allow that. If they did, I would sell my own house.

Tags
commission, vls, buyer, seller, paid

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.