Volunteer for April Luncheon at Crisper's

Closed Thread
Old 04-17-2012, 03:32 PM
Veteran member
Send a message via ICQ to mikeandnancy1112 Send a message via AIM to mikeandnancy1112
Default Volunteer for April Luncheon at Crisper's

We still don't have a coordinator for Friday's luncheon at 3:00. Come on, people, let's have a volunteer and keep the momentum going. Wendy and I volunteered for February and March so it is time for someone else. We will ask for a May volunteer at the luncheon.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default I would love to but.......

I am playing golf...rather I am putting. My dumb achilles tendon is on the Fritz. Sorry I have to miss Crispers this time.

And Joe C. The folks who post mean things here NEVER seem to show up at Crispers. It is mostly people who let you know who they are, not hide behind a made up name and no picture and take nasty shots at people.

It is the nice folks who come and bring a hug and a smile. Please don't miss Crispers, it is always a happy event.

Even if no one hosts.. Pin a name tag on and go and sit outside on the patio at three this Friday. You will all find each other.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:17 PM
Talking No Crispers

I am finally here to stay just settled in on Odessa Circle and was looking so forward to meeting everyone at crispers finally....so sorry there will be none for this month....it is hard to be a newbi....but I am at last a frog....
Old 04-17-2012, 09:46 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
I am finally here to stay just settled in on Odessa Circle and was looking so forward to meeting everyone at crispers finally....so sorry there will be none for this month....it is hard to be a newbi....but I am at last a frog....
There's always a Crisper's so go ahead and make your plans to be there! The original post in this thread is just a little extra effort to make it a little more organized and be sure that everyone gets included (lotsa newbies are kinda shy sometimes). As Gracie said, just stick a name tag on yourself and show up. Usually if someone does do the role of host/hostess, they come equipped with a sign-in sheet and name tags. Some get there by 3 and some get there a little later. I'm gonna try and make it again this time...just not sure right now.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Old 04-17-2012, 09:53 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Very disappointing that no one has stepped up to handle the host/hostess role. It is really not that difficult, just let people know where everyone is getting together and hand them a name tag. Anything beyond that is gravy! It is not fair to expect Nancy to do it every time.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:31 PM
Sage

As Dilly said .... there's always a Crisper's so go ahead and make your plans to be there! Sometimes there are just a few people, and sometimes a big crowd. Just stick a name tag on yourself and show up.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:48 PM
Gold member

Since we will be arriving at around 11am that morning, and since I have no idea where Crispers is or who anyone is, it would be hard to handle the organizing but I'm game..just have to find a place to buy name tags and magic markers
Old 04-17-2012, 11:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish Crocker View Post
Since we will be arriving at around 11am that morning, and since I have no idea where Crispers is or who anyone is, it would be hard to handle the organizing but I'm game..just have to find a place to buy name tags and magic markers
Good for you Trish. . I'm sure people can provide a name tag for themselves, even if it involves a sticky note and safety pin. All it takes is an extrovert to introduce herself, and get the ball rolling.

I'd like to attend but we're going to the ocean. Crispers is located in Southern Trace Plaza on CR 466. Y'all have a great time!
Old 04-18-2012, 01:37 PM
Veteran member
Send a message via ICQ to mikeandnancy1112 Send a message via AIM to mikeandnancy1112

Thank you so much, Trish. I will be there around 2:45 so I will be glad to help you.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:42 AM
Veteran member
Default Crispers

We'll be there! You'll see our big smiles as we just bought a lot in Fernandina!

We have a picture of the sold sign for proof!
Old 04-20-2012, 08:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I had to cancel golf because of my dumb ankle. I'll be there and maybe Helene too. Sweetie's playing golf.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:09 AM
Platinum member

I am sorry, but I won't be able to make it today! Sorry!

Connie
Old 04-20-2012, 10:11 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I had to cancel golf because of my dumb ankle. I'll be there and maybe Helene too. Sweetie's playing golf.
I have heard, on good authority, that your ankles are actually quite intelligent. Too bad for your ankle, but good for the rest of the attendees that you will be there.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:09 PM
Platinum member

We are coming and I'm bringing name tags!
Old 04-20-2012, 05:53 PM
Platinum member

Those of us who showed up today send out buckets of praise to those who helped make it a 'vintage' TOTV event!

Gracie and Helene were there - sorry, loves, but I don't really care that 'Sweetie' wasn't, as nice as he is!

Trish took some pix; hope she can figure out how to post them!

She and her SO arrived this morning at oh-dark-thirty for nearly a week's LSV. Allan and his SO leave tomorrow morning after their LSV. Which was appropriately consumated with money down! Welcome, guys!

Wendy and her SO were there, too. Didn't get a chance to chat with them, sadly, but glad they were there! And, a few other folks whose identity I am sorry to say I missed.

"Old-timers" Niels and Claudia were there, too. Always good to see them!

I've probably missed someone, but it was a Good Meeting!

SWR

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.