Walgreen's Pharmacy Closest to DeLuna

Closed Thread
Old 05-29-2023, 06:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,739 Times in 5,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMo50 View Post
Some geographically strange recommendations here, for sure.

Lake Deaton Plaza is not located at 466A and Powell Rd. It's on Kristine Way, near SR-44 and Morse Blvd. There is no CVS in Lake Deaton Plaza, either. Plus, the OP will be living in DeLuna...why in the world would he be interested in a Walgreens up on 441?

You should install the Good Rx app on your phone. Enter in any medication by name, and it will give you pricing for all pharmacies in your area. If Walgreens does not have the lowest price, they will frequently match or beat the lowest price if you show them the Good Rx results.

Congrats on your upcoming move, and welcome to the bubble.
Post No. 12 says that there is a Walgreens at Lake Deaton Plaza AND at the corner of Powell and 466A. That is correct information.
Old 05-29-2023, 07:57 AM

Look it up on the website
Old 05-29-2023, 08:28 AM
Default Walgreens

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsloan1960 View Post
We'll be moving in in July. Which Walgreen's is closest to Deluna? I don't want to rely on a Google search that may be out of date. Thanks!
A convenient Walgreens would be corner of 466A and Powell Rd right next to the Pinellas library/tax office/DMV. We live in DeLuna west, so it takes less than 15 minutes to drive there by car. See you when you get here!!
Old 05-29-2023, 09:36 AM

If you use a large national retailer like Walgreens, CVS, etc you don’t need to worry about transferring or doing anything before your move. Just walk into The Villages area Walgreens and ask the pharmacist to fill your prescription from Mass. They will pull you up in their computer and do so without any problem. You might want to wait until you move in and figure things out a bit, and then transfer your prescription to the closest pharmacy based on your shopping habits. There are retail Walgreens stores on Kristine Way in Lake Deaton Plaza and in Pinellas Plaza and they are probably just about the same distance from DeLuna, but not that close. The closest retail pharmacy to you is probably the CVS in Wildwood but this location is difficult to turn into off 301 coming up from DeLuna and is not golf cart accessible. The closest (and golf cart accessible) Walgreens pharmacy location to you is Store #21204 in Brownwood at The Villages Center for Advanced Healthcare, but this isn’t a retail store it’s just a pharmacy. Yes, they are supposed to be building a CVS in Magnolia with the timeline unknown, and yes there is a Pharmacy in the Publix at Magnolia and this is probably where you will find yourself shopping most often living in DeLuna so might be where you would want to transfer your prescriptions to.
Welcome to The Villages and good luck with your move! Please don’t let the few snarky ones on this forum make you feel dumb for any newbie questions you might ask. Feel free to PM me while figuring things out and I will help in any way that I can. I live in the “far away” south and love it!
Old 05-29-2023, 09:56 AM

We transferred at Walgreens when we moved from Mass. We don't use Publix pharmacy because they do not always have the drug in stock. Walgreens in right down Warm Springs, Cross over 44 and it is right there
Old 05-29-2023, 10:05 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Walgreen's website is up to date.
X2.
Old 05-29-2023, 10:09 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsloan1960 View Post
I haven't moved in. I will transfer my meds from Mass to TV by phone before I move in. I want to be sure it's close to DeLuna. I'm asking because I have no idea of where DeLuna is in relation to Anywhere or Anything- the entire area is 100% new to us.
Hmmmmm....you've been a member of TOTV for 1 year and posted 194 times. You bought a home in TV but don't know where it is????
Old 05-29-2023, 11:05 AM

Have used Walgreens here in the past and Publix is so much cheaper and better service.
Old 05-29-2023, 11:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,739 Times in 5,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkw1 View Post
We transferred at Walgreens when we moved from Mass. We don't use Publix pharmacy because they do not always have the drug in stock. Walgreens in right down Warm Springs, Cross over 44 and it is right there
Walgreens doesn't always have the drug you need in stock either. I have used both stores, and my experience is that they are both adequately stocked for most drugs. Unless you need a drug immediately, any pharmacy can get a drug within a day or so.
Old 05-29-2023, 01:01 PM

Good and polite reply! Why are people so snarky to those asking a question? Agree people should check GPS apps, but setting up a prime Rx location might need some extra insight from those having been through the same thing, and several have provided good input besides using directions. Newbies appreciate the input, so those handful of rude commenters that get the eye roll for insignificant input need to be ignored.

On another note, the OP was asking about Walgreens specifically. Maybe some people don't know that some insurance companies don't cover CVS or Publix in their plan. I didn't see where the OP was asking WHERE to have the Rx filled. Oh, if people would just answer the question asked!
Old 05-29-2023, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilion Villager View Post
Hmmmmm....you've been a member of TOTV for 1 year and posted 194 times. You bought a home in TV but don't know where it is????
As I said, we'll move in soon. We bought a year ago because we didn't know how long we'd be stuck in the losing end of the lottery. I have posted 194 times for 2 reasons:
1) To get advanced information and educate myself so I can hit the ground running and so that I'm not without information when I need it.
2) Being involved with a forum about TV, watching videos, reading Facebook posts, etc. gives me a sense of being connected to TV while the wait to move here seems forever.
Old 05-29-2023, 03:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilion Villager View Post
That’s not funny.
Old 05-29-2023, 07:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

There is a Walgreen Specialty on the first floor of the beautiful Brownwood Doctors Building just past the SPA & WOLFY PUCKSTER. They are great in there but their hours are very limited. The Pharmacist's name is Rebecca 352-330-6481. Good Luck.
Closed Thread

Tags
walgreens, closest, deluna, date, search

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.