Walkers and litter!

Closed Thread
Old 05-16-2020, 01:02 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilligas View Post
I get angry with golfers who smoke and throw their butts down where ever they feel like (including the greens). In a town like TV that has so many veterans.....who were taught to 'field strip their butts and dispose of them properly ...why do they now feel they can drop them anywhere when they are finished smoking them?
So now it's veterans who are throwing all the butts on the ground. You are basing this on what?
Old 05-16-2020, 01:07 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
We are on a curve with a storm drain and have seen doggie bags thrown in the drain. Called community watch but no one came. I suppose we should be grateful they picked up after their dog....
What do you expect community to do, they have no police powers, no investigators? If you saw someone throw doggie doo bags in the drain take a picture of them and contact the county/state conservation department. They have the power to do something. The only thing is you will have to provide the pictures and make a statement as to what you saw and may have to appear in court. If you aren't willing to do that don't complain.
Old 05-16-2020, 01:13 PM
Sage

Old 05-16-2020, 01:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,939 Times in 2,459 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by avagator View Post
I own a corner lot and my yard is littered with cigarette butts, used tissue, and candy wrappers! Most dog walkers clean up after their dogs but why do others think they can throw anything in someone else’s yard? The people that live along the sidewalk on Moyer Loop have more problems! When I moved here 3 years ago I was impressed with the cleanliness of TV. What is happening?
Those dang gum baby boomers!
Old 05-16-2020, 01:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,939 Times in 2,459 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 GI View Post
What do you expect community to do, they have no police powers, no investigators? If you saw someone throw doggie doo bags in the drain take a picture of them and contact the county/state conservation department. They have the power to do something. The only thing is you will have to provide the pictures and make a statement as to what you saw and may have to appear in court. If you aren't willing to do that don't complain.
If they was scumbag’s before they moved here, moving here not going to change their habits.
Old 05-16-2020, 05:34 PM

I got Here 13 years ago. Boy, things have changed.
Old 05-16-2020, 08:15 PM

I saw a landscaper washing extra concrete into a storm drain. I called Community Watch and they were there in minutes. (352) 753-0550. Call them - it's one of their functions.
Old 05-16-2020, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
The snowbirds are staying here longer..

And it’s probably the same filthy pigs 🐖 I’ve railed about dumping trash along the MMP’s.
When you purchased your house, weren't there snowbirds? Maybe its the full time residents who are the pigs? If it wasn't for the snowbirds, there wouldn't be TV..
Old 05-17-2020, 12:15 AM

neighborhood watch will NOT do anything about that nor will they call the police. It is not their jobs to police and confront people. A woman being beating by her husband screamed for help a few years back and the watch person would not get involved. A resident walking nearby asked the watch guy to call for help and he handed her his phone and said you have to call the police. We have many many pigs among us now. 15 years ago it was soooooo much nicer here.
Old 05-17-2020, 05:18 AM

Do you remember when cars had ashtrays? Now they don't and even though there is a fine for littering, people have no where to throw their butts. Unfortunately, since so many law enforcement personnel (my own opinion) smoke, the littering laws are not enforced. Saw a driver at a stop light throw a butt out right in front of a patrol car... nothing.
Old 05-18-2020, 07:17 AM

Agreed, Walking my dog the other day was a real chore, because someone had lunch of chicken wings and threw the bones in the Street. She thought it was an Easter egg hunt, and I had a very difficult time to try and stop her from eating them. I do believe the Street is not a garbage can.
Old 05-18-2020, 07:40 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

This is mostly workers, especially the cigs. Snowbirds have nothing to do with this anymore than the frogs do.
Old 05-18-2020, 09:54 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0bd0herty View Post
Do you remember when cars had ashtrays? Now they don't and even though there is a fine for littering, people have no where to throw their butts. Unfortunately, since so many law enforcement personnel (my own opinion) smoke, the littering laws are not enforced. Saw a driver at a stop light throw a butt out right in front of a patrol car... nothing.
I don't know what you base your opinion on for you to say that so many LEO's smoke. My observations in a lot of different cities is that most do not smoke. Did it occur to you that possibly the officer didn't see the person throw out that butt?
Old 05-18-2020, 07:04 PM
Talking Really .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0bd0herty View Post
........methinks you might be the same guy who would jump on the cop who got out of his patrol car to grab the violating offender of this heinous crime for wasting your tax dollars - "why not go catch a real bad guy and cut down on the crime rate" or something like that. Then the moron who tossed the butt in the first place could use the time honored line "you know my taxes pay your salary" on the cop. This is usually used by someone driving a beater-mobile and wearing a torn tank top shirt. Just 'sayin'
Old 05-20-2020, 01:08 AM
Default walkers and litter

I am so glad you are addressing the littering problem. I walk Moyer frequently carry a bag and pick up litter as I go. It's disgusting what I find. Cig butts including the mail
neighborhood pool areas, bags of dog poop, cans, plastic bottles, cups, disposable gloves, masks, gum, towels in cart paths, white tissue and wipes etc. Never use to be like this. Littering is a man made problem. Can't blame anything else! Our earth is not your ash tray or waste basket! Be considerate and take pride of our beautiful landscape here in TV .
Closed Thread

Tags
walkers, yard, live, people, else’s

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.