Recommendation for Wooden Barstool Re-Spray?

Closed Thread
Old 02-01-2022, 07:37 AM
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado and The Village of Cason Hammock
Default Recommendation for Wooden Barstool Re-Spray?

Hello Villagers,

Does anyone know someone who can prep and re-spray two of my wooden bar stools? Is there a wood worker or furniture repair store that would perform this service for a reasonable price? Recommendation greatly appreciated!

I will remove the wicker base and help sand or do some prep if needed, just can’t paint without runs and know my limits. Hoping to simply paint black nothing fancy or intricate…

Thank you for any help!
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	04B78A79-A01B-435C-B916-9CA87769EFB5.jpeg
Views:	414
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	92396  
Old 02-01-2022, 08:17 AM

You might check with The Villages Woodshop.
Old 02-01-2022, 05:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrikane View Post
Hello Villagers,

Does anyone know someone who can prep and re-spray two of my wooden bar stools? Is there a wood worker or furniture repair store that would perform this service for a reasonable price? Recommendation greatly appreciated!

I will remove the wicker base and help sand or do some prep if needed, just can’t paint without runs and know my limits. Hoping to simply paint black nothing fancy or intricate…

Thank you for any help!
Interesting project. My two cents worth. They seem to be old dining chairs. Are they high enough as bar stools?

"I will remove the wicker base." That is not wicker it is rattan. Do you know how to weave it? Inexpensive? They do not have any antique value. I would research what they cost new.
Old 02-01-2022, 07:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,159 Times in 2,252 Posts

OP, with a little care, this is a nice DIY project, however, if you really do not want to DIY, and you get no suitable replies for this service, send me a PM, and I will talk to you about doing it. I have air sprayer and compressor, or can used spray cans. Chairs would need to be completely cleaned and sanded prior to painting.
Old 02-02-2022, 12:56 PM
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado and The Village of Cason Hammock

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
OP, with a little care, this is a nice DIY project, however, if you really do not want to DIY, and you get no suitable replies for this service, send me a PM, and I will talk to you about doing it. I have air sprayer and compressor, or can used spray cans. Chairs would need to be completely cleaned and sanded prior to painting.
Sending you a message thanks!
Closed Thread

Tags
recommendation, wooden, paint, re-spray, prep

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.