Walmart in The Villages...petition to support legalization of marijuana

Closed Thread
Old 05-06-2023, 07:08 PM
Default Walmart in The Villages...petition to support legalization of marijuana

A young lady was walking around asking if customers supported legalization of marijuana...I saw people filling out the form which asked for their name, address, phone number and date of birth.

I reported it to customer service and they called someone to investigate; not sure if they found her.
Old 05-06-2023, 07:30 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,777 Times in 3,645 Posts

They have been at the town squares.

Going to happen more and more until it passes.
Old 05-06-2023, 08:19 PM

So maybe not a scam operation?
Old 05-06-2023, 09:57 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Druggies!

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 05-06-2023, 10:28 PM

Don't let the dopers get a foothold, as then you'll have to send for Cartman to disperse the burned-out hippies.
Old 05-07-2023, 05:16 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by badkarma318 View Post
Don't let the dopers get a foothold, as then you'll have to send for Cartman to disperse the burned-out hippies.
Maybe we should get an armor bus and start singing...

California...super cool to the homeless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsrBlKpbBS8
Old 05-07-2023, 06:06 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

Too much info to give to a stranger.
Old 05-07-2023, 07:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayerose View Post
A young lady was walking around asking if customers supported legalization of marijuana...I saw people filling out the form which asked for their name, address, phone number and date of birth.

I reported it to customer service and they called someone to investigate; not sure if they found her.
Unless this young lady had the permission of Wal-Mart management--then no. She shouldn't be there. Public space is one thing. Wal-Mart (or any store w/o permission) is quite another.

But all that aside--more than about time! We're in the second half-century of this ridiculous "war on drugs" and we've been losing it since it was declared by Richard Nixon.
Old 05-07-2023, 07:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
Unless this young lady had the permission of Wal-Mart management--then no. She shouldn't be there. Public space is one thing. Wal-Mart (or any store w/o permission) is quite another.

But all that aside--more than about time! We're in the second half-century of this ridiculous "war on drugs" and we've been losing it since it was declared by Richard Nixon.
We seem to use WORDS to excess. Terms like awesome, have been so overused that they loose all real meaning. A 'war" on drugs if we are fighting a war we are fighting to loose. We could put drugs on the street that would turn people say green and simply pick em up.

As far as giving people information we do it far to frequently. ID theft. We do not even know how many places have your date of birth, address etc and have very questionable ability to protect this information. Your doctor, your bank, Medicare all come to mind. Heck in college your student ID was your social security number. We went to one of those investment seminars. Free lunch kind of stuff regularly offered. They of course are fishing for customers. People feel obligated due to free lunch. They had out forms and people were giving them name address phone, net worth where their money is. I left mine blank
Old 05-07-2023, 08:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,516 Times in 3,107 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post
We seem to use WORDS to excess. Terms like awesome, have been so overused that they loose all real meaning. A 'war" on drugs if we are fighting a war we are fighting to loose. We could put drugs on the street that would turn people say green and simply pick em up.

As far as giving people information we do it far to frequently. ID theft. We do not even know how many places have your date of birth, address etc and have very questionable ability to protect this information. Your doctor, your bank, Medicare all come to mind. Heck in college your student ID was your social security number. We went to one of those investment seminars. Free lunch kind of stuff regularly offered. They of course are fishing for customers. People feel obligated due to free lunch. They had out forms and people were giving them name address phone, net worth where their money is. I left mine blank
I went to a seminar the other day hosted by UFH, about brain tumor treatment and patient support. It was at the Brownwood Hotel. We had a continental breakfast, then a couple hours of the seminar, then a full buffet lunch, which was truly delicious. We weren't asked to fill out a single form, or sign an attendance sheet, or show any ID at all.

It was informative and appreciated.
Old 05-07-2023, 09:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,111 Posts

I have a friend who said she signed that petition at Walmart , she also said the woman who asked her was outside Walmart . I haven’t seen them at the squares but I’ll sign if I do see them .The laws on marijuana are so archaic and ruining peoples lives , some places in fl the cops will arrest you ,other places they’ll tell you to put it out and still others will ignore you completely , There are many states now including my home state of Massachusetts it’s legal and the sky hasn’t fallen . Marijuana is is a wonderful way to relax , have a little wine ,listen to some music , just feel better in a very pleasant way . It should be used in moderation just like alcohol, I started at 14 and still using at 84 ,I never smoked cigarettes , I had a very, stressful , dangerous life around the world and very successful at it so much so that I have a 6 figure pension ,I’m still an athlete at the gym and then biking ,walking and some running in the heat of the afternoon , I’m not saying this to brag but only to show that marijuana shouldn’t be demonized, it can be helpful not just to get high but especially for older people a better you and Miles and Coltrane always sound better with weed lol
Old 05-07-2023, 09:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
I have a friend who said she signed that petition at Walmart , she also said the woman who asked her was outside Walmart . I haven’t seen them at the squares but I’ll sign if I do see them .The laws on marijuana are so archaic and ruining peoples lives , some places in fl the cops will arrest you ,other places they’ll tell you to put it out and still others will ignore you completely , There are many states now including my home state of Massachusetts it’s legal and the sky hasn’t fallen . Marijuana is is a wonderful way to relax , have a little wine ,listen to some music , just feel better in a very pleasant way . It should be used in moderation just like alcohol, I started at 14 and still using at 84 ,I never smoked cigarettes , I had a very, stressful , dangerous life around the world and very successful at it so much so that I have a 6 figure pension ,I’m still an athlete at the gym and then biking ,walking and some running in the heat of the afternoon , I’m not saying this to brag but only to show that marijuana shouldn’t be demonized, it can be helpful not just to get high but especially for older people a better you and Miles and Coltrane always sound better with weed lol
Charlie, did you ever meet Chatbrat who used to post on here?
Old 05-07-2023, 10:05 AM
Sage

No should I have,

Last edited by charlieo1126@gmail.com; 05-07-2023 at 10:13 AM.
Old 05-07-2023, 10:14 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Charlie, did you ever meet Chatbrat who used to post on here?
ha ha I looked back at some now I see why you said that
Old 05-07-2023, 11:01 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

In 1969 I was a grad student at Univ. of Florida and I hung out with some people who often smoked marijuana. They were very nice low-key people and didn't seem to mind that I just passed the 'joint' from one person to another without taking a puff myself. One night I left our apartment to go for a dip in the pool, and when I came back, they were all sound asleep.

Over time, I definitely noticed a change in their behavior. They didn't seem as sharp mentally as they were before, and I suspect it was due to the long-term effects of marijuana. Based on what I observed, I think marijuana use should be illegal.
Closed Thread

Tags
legalization, marijuana, address, phone, number

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.