Walmart in The Villages...petition to support legalization of marijuana

Closed Thread
Old 05-08-2023, 05:46 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,863 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
I went to a seminar the other day hosted by UFH, about brain tumor treatment and patient support. It was at the Brownwood Hotel. We had a continental breakfast, then a couple hours of the seminar, then a full buffet lunch, which was truly delicious. We weren't asked to fill out a single form, or sign an attendance sheet, or show any ID at all.

It was informative and appreciated.
But did they treat you for brain cancer?
Old 05-08-2023, 06:10 AM

This place will be like NY with every one smoking it and stinking up the air. What’s next smoking in the restaurant & bars soon. No way
Old 05-08-2023, 07:13 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

Legalizing weed did wonders in Colorado. The taxes on legal weed are astronomical.
Old 05-08-2023, 07:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,277 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamo View Post
This place will be like NY with every one smoking it and stinking up the air. What’s next smoking in the restaurant & bars soon. No way
Do they have smoking in restaurants and bars in NY?

No? Then why would you think it would happen in TV?

-Tom Petty
Old 05-08-2023, 07:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,277 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
I think all drugs should be legalized and manufactured and sold by all Governments.
All profits put against National Debts.
Should clear all debt within a year or two.
Yes, that would be nice... But it'll never happen...

I remember fondly when they said that the Maryland Lottery was going to be used to fund schools... Never happened... The just use the $$$ as a windfall and waste it on other crap...

-Tom Petty
Old 05-08-2023, 07:53 AM
Default Not exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayerose View Post
A young lady was walking around asking if customers supported legalization of marijuana...I saw people filling out the form which asked for their name, address, phone number and date of birth.

I reported it to customer service and they called someone to investigate; not sure if they found her.
Not exactly. The people are out with petitions to get the question ON THE BALLOT for the next election. They don’t care if you are for or against.
That’s how it works….
Old 05-08-2023, 07:56 AM

She chased me in the rain to my car. It gave red flag warnings to me and I jumped in the car and locked the door. I was thinking who would have paper forms out in the rain and figured it was a set up. They need to be more careful or they may wind up being maced!

Last edited by bpauley; 05-08-2023 at 08:01 AM.
Old 05-08-2023, 08:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,087 Times in 2,748 Posts

We live in a hypocritical world influenced by social beliefs and corporate dollars where for some twisted reason marijuana is considered harmful relative to alcohol?
Old 05-08-2023, 08:09 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,066 Times in 534 Posts

Wanna fall asleep, and get a good night's sleep? Gummies. No need to smoke weed, you can eat it in delicious flavored gummies. It's ridiculous, that marijuana is illegal and thousands of people are arrested and spending time in prison for having it. Of the 8.2 million marijuana arrests between 2001 and 2010, 88% were for simply having marijuana.
Old 05-08-2023, 08:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
I have a friend who said she signed that petition at Walmart , she also said the woman who asked her was outside Walmart . I haven’t seen them at the squares but I’ll sign if I do see them .The laws on marijuana are so archaic and ruining peoples lives , some places in fl the cops will arrest you ,other places they’ll tell you to put it out and still others will ignore you completely , There are many states now including my home state of Massachusetts it’s legal and the sky hasn’t fallen . Marijuana is is a wonderful way to relax , have a little wine ,listen to some music , just feel better in a very pleasant way . It should be used in moderation just like alcohol, I started at 14 and still using at 84 ,I never smoked cigarettes , I had a very, stressful , dangerous life around the world and very successful at it so much so that I have a 6 figure pension ,I’m still an athlete at the gym and then biking ,walking and some running in the heat of the afternoon , I’m not saying this to brag but only to show that marijuana shouldn’t be demonized, it can be helpful not just to get high but especially for older people a better you and Miles and Coltrane always sound better with weed lol
you shouldn't have to look very hard, i've seen these girls just about everywhere. yes, their intent is to support recreational weed for state of Fl., & there are several of them hanging around local dispensaries-clipboards ready to go, lol
Old 05-08-2023, 08:25 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
In 1969 I was a grad student at Univ. of Florida and I hung out with some people who often smoked marijuana. They were very nice low-key people and didn't seem to mind that I just passed the 'joint' from one person to another without taking a puff myself. One night I left our apartment to go for a dip in the pool, and when I came back, they were all sound asleep.

Over time, I definitely noticed a change in their behavior. They didn't seem as sharp mentally as they were before, and I suspect it was due to the long-term effects of marijuana. Based on what I observed, I think marijuana use should be illegal.
We will probably be fried for this, but I agree mostly with what you said. I think it does negatively affect someones drive or ambition. Having said that, so does valium, xanax, halcion, wine etc.. If someone wants to smoke or eat a gummi, why should I care. Are there any studies showing that marijuana users are more likely to be on public assistance? Other than that we need to fins a way where state laws do not contradict federal laws in regards to this.
Old 05-08-2023, 08:30 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
I think all drugs should be legalized and manufactured and sold by all Governments.
All profits put against National Debts.
Should clear all debt within a year or two.
They said the same thing about legalizing marijuana in Colorado back when. I wonder if their financial status has improved as much as they thought it would.
Old 05-08-2023, 08:33 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilyclub View Post
Legalizing weed did wonders in Colorado. The taxes on legal weed are astronomical.
Are they so high that people (are the taxes so high, not the people) still get it illegally?
Old 05-08-2023, 08:34 AM

Another "valid" study. From my experiences, the pot in the 70's was as strong as what is available today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
Back in the mid to late 1960s I noticed the same sort of changes in several people I knew who started and then continued to regularly smoke marijuana. Their ambition to succeed in life diminished. They ceased planning ahead and setting goals. Their cognitive abilities suffered. Their hygiene and personal appearance deteriorated as well. And the dope back then was very weak compared to what is smoked today.
Old 05-08-2023, 08:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpauley View Post
She chased me in the rain to my car. It gave red flag warnings to me and I jumped in the car and locked the door. I was thinking who would have paper forms out in the rain and figured it was a set up. They need to be more careful or they may wind up being maced!
hmmmmm a petition server who may or not be getting paid and may or not care whether it’s legal chased you to your car in the rain , WELL IF YOU SAY SO
Closed Thread

Tags
legalization, marijuana, address, phone, number

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.