Want to buy a new home this summer

Closed Thread
Old 05-10-2020, 10:53 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankygrl View Post
Only new building of homes is south of 44. FYI - There will be no golf cart connectivity for at least a year. The first bridge that went up near Brownwood has been in place 9 months ago and still no ramps. "They" say opening 12/2020.
Excellent point.

Given that reasonable length golf cart rides are one of the lifestyle perks that have attracted the boss and I to TV in the first place, being able to do such as soon as we get there is a strong draw and high on the must have list for us.

Since tomorrow is promised to none of us (especially in these times), we would rather know that we can benefit from the "lifestyle" immediately after arrival, rather than waiting for who really knows how many more years to do (championship golf, lots of choices in shopping and eating, etc.) what most residents can already do.
Old 05-10-2020, 10:58 AM
Sage

So you want to spend 30-40 minutes in a cart to go the same distance by car in 8 minutes
Old 05-10-2020, 02:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2012 View Post
So you want to spend 30-40 minutes in a cart to go the same distance by car in 8 minutes
I said that to someone once at Brownwood at the square who was from Fenney, he said “Its the not the Destination, It's the journey.” Althought he had drove his car that day to get to the square. I on the otherhand drive my cart four times a month, the four Fridays that I play a championship course. I guess I'm just addicted to air conditioning, XM Radio and a comfortable seat. My wife has only ridden in the cart two times in the nine years we've lived here, she said it blows her hair.
Old 05-10-2020, 04:28 PM
Gold member

Quote:
I'm a bit confused.

Isn't that a solar roof on a golf cart in your avatar? Aren't solar roofs used to extend the range of electric carts? Which in the two electric carts that came with the houses we rented, were easily good for about 3-4 hours of running time which is plenty for us and is what we will be purchasing when we move there. Wouldn't someone trying to sell extended range for an electric golf cart, be an advocate of using golf carts for trips longer than just 30-40 minutes?

Your statement implies however, that 30-40 minutes in a golf cart is excessive, therefore using an automobile instead would be a better choice. Not to mention, I'm guessing that those solar panels aren't dirt cheap, so a person purchasing them would want to do so based on spending more time in their electric cart. Or is that solar roof on a gas cart and used to power some other type of accessory?

What am I missing?
Old 05-10-2020, 05:45 PM
Sage
Arrow

I wasn't referring to my cart, just a general statement about drive time for a basic point A to point B.

My cart can go and has gone 70 miles, has never been plugged into the grid

When I was building them the resistance to solar was not worth my time defending,
I still have 2 or 3 systems left, want to buy one.

I'll stick with Nova water filters

Old 05-10-2020, 05:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Absolutely. I do it all the time. It’s fun. And based on all the golf cart traffic I’ve seen over the years here, lots of people do.
Old 05-10-2020, 06:05 PM
Gold member

Never mind, I'm even more confused now.

You say you've gone 70 miles with just the solar panels and without needing a plug-in charger, yet are "tired of defending them"-and still have 2 or 3 sets left? If all of what you say were actually true, wouldn't they have sold themselves?

Thanks anyway for the offer, but when I get there I think I'll pass on buying one of your remaining miracle devices.
Old 07-23-2020, 06:49 PM

I don't think you need to worry about not having what you want available. Also, don't rule out a "newish" house. I understand wanting a brand new one completely, but, check out some of the advantages of a "relatively" new home: check out the bond compared to a brand new one, check out the often over looked cost of all the things you want to do once you move in like shelving in the garage, does the attic already have a stairway or do you need to have it put in, won't list all but sometimes people are amazed at the additional expenses once given the keys to a just completed home... I'm one of them, LOL !
Old 07-23-2020, 07:02 PM

Excellent advice, people just don't understand the "system" here as it is (probably) very different than any place or state you experienced before.... a LOT to learn about who can sell what, do your homework, ask a LOT of questions, and even then, don't believe it all. Take your time.
Closed Thread

Tags
interested, wondering, left, speak, wait

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.