Wanted--Quality Photo Picture Frames--What store?

Closed Thread
Old 10-28-2015, 08:11 AM
Sage
Default Wanted--Quality Photo Picture Frames--What store?

I want to mat and mount 4x6 photos [12-15] for presents. Has anyone done this and been happy with the price and store?
Old 10-28-2015, 08:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

SAMs club will have nice frames in 4 to 8 packages. I have shopped everywhere and not paying $8 and up for frames elsewhere
Old 10-28-2015, 09:10 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
SAMs club will have nice frames in 4 to 8 packages. I have shopped everywhere and not paying $8 and up for frames elsewhere
thank-you
I need to buy them today and they only show frames for on-line only.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:11 AM
Sage

What about the craft stores? I forget the names but it's where you can pick up matting too.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:38 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
I want to mat and mount 4x6 photos [12-15] for presents. Has anyone done this and been happy with the price and store?
I think for a 4x6 photo with a mat, you might want to use 8x10 frames (or maybe even bigger) which should be relatively easy to find with the mat already in the frame, if you want a white mat, that is.

You might try Michaels on 441 in Rolling Acres. Bloodbath and Beyond might have some. Also the Bealls outlet in Colony and maybe other Bealls, too. If you are doing the matting, I think Michaels has it.

For that many, you might have to go to more than one place.

And now, for a little unsolicited advice.....

You are probably looking for frames that have the little stand-up thing on the back in addition to being a hanging frame which is a good idea because people will do either. But sometimes I stand a photo in one of those little wire or wood stands. Makes a nice statement, like on my hall table -- credenza -- console -- whatever that thing in the hall is called -- where a gorgeous spoonbill in flight resides in his mat and frame on a stand.

Darn it. I did it again. He asked for the time and I built him a clock.....

Last edited by Boomer; 10-28-2015 at 09:46 AM.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:43 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I'm a Michaels person.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:44 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
I think for a 4x6 photo with a mat, you could might want to use 8x10 frames (or maybe even bigger) which should be relatively easy to find with the mat already in the frame, if you want a white mat, that is.

You might try Michaels on 441 in Rolling Acres. Bloodbath and Beyond might have some. Also the Bealls outlet in Colony and maybe other Bealls, too.

.You are probably looking for frames that have the little stand-up thing on the back in addition to being a hanging frame which is a good idea because people will do either. But sometimes I stand a photo in one of those little wire or wood stands. Makes a nice statement, like on my hall table -- credenza -- console -- whatever that thing in the hall is called -- where a gorgeous spoonbill in flight resides in his mat and frame on a stand.

Thank-you for taking the time AND building the clock. I'm going to take your advice and head to Beales and Michaels. that's TOTV at it's best. Don't you think?
Old 10-28-2015, 09:48 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
I think for a 4x6 photo with a mat, you might want to use 8x10 frames (or maybe even bigger) which should be relatively easy to find with the mat already in the frame, if you want a white mat, that is.

You might try Michaels on 441 in Rolling Acres. Bloodbath and Beyond might have some. Also the Bealls outlet in Colony and maybe other Bealls, too.

.You are probably looking for frames that have the little stand-up thing on the back in addition to being a hanging frame which is a good idea because people will do either. But sometimes I stand a photo in one of those little wire or wood stands. Makes a nice statement, like on my hall table -- credenza -- console -- whatever that thing in the hall is called -- where a gorgeous spoonbill in flight resides in his mat and frame on a stand.

You made my day. Don't know if your "bloodbath" or caveat was funnier.
Old 10-28-2015, 10:11 AM
Soaring Parsley

Quote:
Thank-you for taking the time AND building the clock. I'm going to take your advice and head to Beales and Michaels. that's TOTV at it's best. Don't you think?
If you do your own matting, Michaels has that, too, I think. Have fun. Sounds like a great gift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villager Joyce View Post
You made my day. Don't know if your "bloodbath" or caveat was funnier.
I must confess. It was not a typo.....BB&B makes me crazy with their ridiculous markup pricing followed up with those marketing-ploy coupons that don't fool me. But I admit. I go there. Coupons in hand because sometimes I just have to.

I am so glad though that I no longer am lured in by what I once called The Overwhelming Wall of Coffee. Now I can find those K-Cups lots of places.......

and ANOTHER thing.......those insanely crowded aisles of displays bring out my inner Fire Marshall......but I do not think I was ever a Fire Marshall.....

Over-thinking Boomer
Old 10-28-2015, 07:53 PM
Sage

I bought 16 very classy, very different, 4x4 and 4x6 frames for $4.99 apiece at Beales Outlets. I'm going to an engagement party and I made a beautiful photograph of my son holding his fiances hand. It's just their hands illuminated with their clothes going into darkness. They weren't posing, I just got lucky with the shot. I'm giving that out as presents for the families. I'll set them all up at the party and everyone can choose the one they like.
Old 10-28-2015, 08:16 PM
Soaring Parsley

Quote:
I bought 16 very classy, very different, 4x4 and 4x6 frames for $4.99 apiece at Beales Outlets. I'm going to an engagement party and I made a beautiful photograph of my son holding his fiances hand. It's just their hands illuminated with their clothes going into darkness. They weren't posing, I just got lucky with the shot. I'm giving that out as presents for the families. I'll set them all up at the party and everyone can choose the one they like.
His in-laws are going to love you. What a great idea!
Old 10-29-2015, 05:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,508 Times in 1,908 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:

Wonderful and thoughtful idea. I have found a lot of things at Beales. which we pronounce Beels.

Tags
store, presents, price, happy, photos, frames--what, picture, photo, wanted--quality, 4x6, mount, mat, [12-15]

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.