Warning!

Closed Thread
Old 11-12-2018, 09:34 PM
Sage
Default Warning!

It was witnessed today via my security camera, a male and female riding around our neighborhood in a light blue older model Chevy truck, very quickly jumping out of the truck, ripping a hole in garbage bags to see what was in them and putting them in their trucks. They took 2-3 of our large, black contractor bags full of papers from the curb and put them in their truck. The truck had several bags of “garbage” in them

We called the sheriff and reported it. He agreed that the motive could be identity theft. Why else would they take papers?? Luckily, we shred all important papers and the papers in those bags was old catalogs, warranties and other office paperwork.

Please be diligent in shredding your important papers so they don’t get in the wrong hands. Also, please keep your eye out for this light blue, older model Chevy truck and report anything suspicious.
Old 11-12-2018, 09:43 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
It was witnessed today via my security camera, a male and female riding around our neighborhood in a light blue older model Chevy truck, very quickly jumping out of the truck, ripping a hole in garbage bags to see what was in them and putting them in their trucks. They took 2-3 of our large, black contractor bags full of papers from the curb and put them in their truck. The truck had several bags of “garbage” in them

We called the sheriff and reported it. He agreed that the motive could be identity theft. Why else would they take papers?? Luckily, we shred all important papers and the papers in those bags was old catalogs, warranties and other office paperwork.

Please be diligent in shredding your important papers so they don’t get in the wrong hands. Also, please keep your eye out for this light blue, older model Chevy truck and report anything suspicious.
Thank you for reporting this. In Brooklyn I diligently shredded everything. Since moving to TV, I have to admit I've gotten lax. This is a good reminder for all of us not to get complacent.
Old 11-12-2018, 11:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,083 Times in 2,746 Posts

For the life of me I can not understand how many scumbags would rather spend their time trying to rip people off rather than simply earning an honest living? It makes us glad we put our dogs poops in our trash for these scumbags to find.
Old 11-13-2018, 06:24 AM

We recently moved from The Villages to On Top of the World Ocala because it had become apparent to us that crime is definitely increasing there.
I had a personal check stolen out of the Dunedin postal station in May, and it was "washed" and changed to $1,600 which was drawn out of my account. The federal postal service became involved and I was able to recover that amount back into my account because this type of criminal activity also has been happening in The Villages so those authorities moved on it quickly.
On Top of the World has 24 Hour 7 days a week security guarded gates, and nobody and I mean NOBODY gets thru these gates without a pass !
Best decision we ever made, absolutely love it here !
Old 11-13-2018, 09:28 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

Are you saying there is little crime in Ocala? I have lived in several true gated communities, they do little to protect the community, if they want in they'll get in via car, truck or walking. What keeps the garbage men from going through bags? You can't prevent it, if you put personal information in your trash it's out there for whomever wants to dig through it no matter where you live. I'll stick with TV.
Old 11-13-2018, 09:33 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,477 Times in 548 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitsee View Post
We recently moved from The Villages to On Top of the World Ocala because it had become apparent to us that crime is definitely increasing there.
I had a personal check stolen out of the Dunedin postal station in May, and it was "washed" and changed to $1,600 which was drawn out of my account. The federal postal service became involved and I was able to recover that amount back into my account because this type of criminal activity also has been happening in The Villages so those authorities moved on it quickly.
On Top of the World has 24 Hour 7 days a week security guarded gates, and nobody and I mean NOBODY gets thru these gates without a pass !
I am glad you found a place to live where you feel safe and secure. TV isn’t for everyone. We live here because of the lifestyle opportunities. I presume TOW has their own website for community members, so we won’t be hearing from you anymore?
Old 11-13-2018, 09:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitsee View Post
Glad you found a place that you feel safer to live in. Since security is the issue how do you feel about renting the land that a major purchase, your home is sitting on?

One other thing, how do you know that the washer of checks doesn't live in OTOTW? Regardless I'm glad you're happy but don't take any shots at the place we call home. There is crime everywhere but it only matters when it comes to your house. Take Care.
Old 11-13-2018, 09:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Even when they move away from this crime ridden place...…….they still read TOTV. Hmm?
Old 11-13-2018, 10:06 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Even when they move away from this crime ridden place...…….they still read TOTV. Hmm?
Sometimes they realize they made a big mistake and now they have to live with it.
Old 11-13-2018, 02:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Who writes checks anymore.
Old 11-13-2018, 02:44 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,777 Times in 3,645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I write checks my body can't cash all the time.
Old 11-13-2018, 02:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
I write checks my body can't cash all the time.
I think I get that...
Old 11-13-2018, 03:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,426 Times in 2,269 Posts

Quote:
I think I get that...
NOTHING but a classic line..

Your Ego Is Writing Cheques Your Body Can't Cash | Top Gun [HQ] - YouTube

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 11-13-2018, 03:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Plenty of people. I write one every month to my lawn care company, and my customers write them to me all the time for my company.
Old 11-13-2018, 04:56 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
I write 2/3 each month.
Closed Thread

Tags
truck, papers, bags, older, chevy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.