Warning: anti Daily Rag post coming up

Closed Thread
Old 03-03-2023, 08:29 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneyBeckler View Post
Another grumpy, negative post. I LOVE the DS' local coverage. I find the national and world news coverage a good overview, to be supplemented by other news sources such as WSJ and other US and foreign online publications.
Negative, yes (maybe the header "Warning: anti Daily Rag post coming up" gave that away?) but grumpy, no. As I have said several times in this thread, I enjoy spotting all of the repetitions that The Daily Rag makes on a regular basis.

Having it edited by Artificial Intelligence might solve the repetition issue, but then there would be less entertainment in it for me. And then I might be grumpy.
Old 03-03-2023, 09:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,156 Times in 5,383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Fox View Post
Negative, yes (maybe the header "Warning: anti Daily Rag post coming up" gave that away?) but grumpy, no. As I have said several times in this thread, I enjoy spotting all of the repetitions that The Daily Rag makes on a regular basis.

Having it edited by Artificial Intelligence might solve the repetition issue, but then there would be less entertainment in it for me. And then I might be grumpy.
Or they could employ a living, breathing editor to watch what they print.
Old 03-04-2023, 09:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,047 Times in 1,758 Posts

That might increase the price. Part of the charm of the paper is not only that it is delivered to your driveway, and you can stop and start delivery almost in a day, but its price is very reasonable. And it includes the plastic sleeve it come in to protect the paper from dew etc.
Old 03-04-2023, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
That might increase the price. Part of the charm of the paper is not only that it is delivered to your driveway, and you can stop and start delivery almost in a day, but its price is very reasonable. And it includes the plastic sleeve it come in to protect the paper from dew etc.
Well said.
We love the DS. We get our hard and local news elsewhere. The DS is a refreshing read with all the bad crap going on.
They don't pretend or try to be USA Today.
It's so convenient to have it started and stopped as needed.

We think its a great value as well.
Closed Thread

Tags
today, missed, daily, rag, yesterday

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.