WARNING! New Text Message Sunpass Scam

Old 04-17-2024, 08:46 AM
Gold member
Default WARNING! New Text Message Sunpass Scam

Watch out for a text message scam telling you your Sunpass account is low and to avoid a fine you must click on their link to add money to your account. I got this text this morning and it is rampant now throughtout Florida and others states. Don't fall for it!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techn...da/ar-BB1lJtpJ
Old 04-18-2024, 08:38 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,662 Times in 448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottoguy View Post
Watch out for a text message scam telling you your Sunpass account is low and to avoid a fine you must click on their link to add money to your account. I got this text this morning and it is rampant now throughtout Florida and others states. Don't fall for it!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techn...da/ar-BB1lJtpJ
Thanks for the heads up - posts like this are appreciated.
Old 04-18-2024, 09:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,944 Times in 1,114 Posts

I was just going to post what you said . The site looked pretty professional, I almost paid and I’ve never come close to paying any of the other scams , . When I called the real number it took only a few minutes to get to a live operator ,I was very impressed and yes she told me it was scam .the text was listed as junk on my iPhone but it looked so impressive I still almost fell for it
Old 04-18-2024, 11:15 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,358 Times in 1,452 Posts

I received an e-mail from Sun Pass just today stating that they would never ask for payment via text and that they haven't been hacked to date.
Old 04-19-2024, 07:11 AM

This is the email I received from SunPass

To our valued SunPass customers, please note that SunPass does not ask customers via text to make a payment or to take immediate action on their account. If SunPass needs to contact its customers, it will appear as follows:

Email: customerservice@sunpass.com or noreply@sunpass.com
Text: 786727

SunPass has been made aware that there is a phishing scam targeting the general public. To our knowledge SunPass has not been compromised and we are diligently monitoring the system. The scam uses text messages requesting prompt payment to avoid fees. The messages also contain a link to a fraudulent website in an attempt to collect information. These messages are not sent by SunPass.

Sincerely,
SunPass Customer Service Center

Tags
text, account, scam, sunpass, message

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.