washer/dryers

Closed Thread
Old 02-08-2014, 03:40 PM
Default washer/dryers

I'm asking any comments on ge washer /dryers. Any comments good product or bad???? Thanks
Old 02-08-2014, 05:07 PM
Gold member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOLEN View Post
I'm asking any comments on ge washer /dryers. Any comments good product or bad???? Thanks
Sadly, the quality of all appliances have nosedived the past few years. The manufacturers blame it on the efficency requirements. At this time all appliances except Viking are made in South Korea, nearly in the same location. We recently bought a new kitchen of LG apliances and consider them extremely over rated. As I look back over the past 20 years, It is my opinion that the best appliances we have ever owned were Maytag.
Old 02-08-2014, 05:17 PM
Gold member

I hate GE appliances! Been there done that... never again! We just bought Maytag for the new house and got the pair of nice units from HD for under $1500 installed.
Old 02-09-2014, 01:07 PM
Gold member

Contrary to the above post, it's not true that "all appliances except Viking are made in South Korea, nearly in the same location". Just last Monday we purchased a Maytag Bravos XL Washer and Dryer set, which the manufacturer says are made in the USA in Clyde, Ohio and Marion, Ohio. I worked for GE for the first twenty years of my career, and I wouldn't buy GE appliances based on my own personal experience and their ratings by raters like Consumer Reports.
Old 02-09-2014, 05:17 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOLEN View Post
Consumers You Know Who rated LG one of the best and we got a pair on sale recently (all stores have the same price for the same model). Plus we got $100 back from the gas company as an energy rebate. (Keep a record of your old make/model/serial number as well as a copy of your new sales receipt. You'll need it.)

The LG plays music, we love it. Make sure you can reach down inside the top-loader washer and get that last sock if the model is a large capacity. They are pretty high off the floor now.

GE = Planned obsolescence!

Skip
Old 02-09-2014, 07:26 PM
Veteran member

Check the "Consumer Reports" magazine
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.