Washing your hands

Closed Thread
Old 03-19-2020, 08:53 AM

please add that it is a good idea to use the towels, with which you have just dried your hands, to open the restroom door.
Old 03-19-2020, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
The procedure of washing hands has been covered by the news media over and over. As many times as I have seen the procedure of washing hands on TV, I've never seen it mentioned how to end the procedure properly which is turning off the faucet(s).

That is the reason I started this thread so the general public is aware not to contaminate their hands after the washing has been completed. This is something that was drilled into me over 50 years ago and it is second nature for me to turn off all faucets in the manner I described. I just wish the media would include this very important step when instructing the general public.
After your hands are properly cleaned and you blow dry them under the hand dryer, how do you get out of the restroom without touching the door knob? No paper towels, just a blow dryer.
Old 03-19-2020, 10:12 AM

I do! Not my key, though. I don’t touch it.
Old 03-19-2020, 10:23 AM

My husband is always complaining about men not washing their hands after using the bathroom.
Old 03-19-2020, 11:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdp07 View Post
After your hands are properly cleaned and you blow dry them under the hand dryer, how do you get out of the restroom without touching the door knob? No paper towels, just a blow dryer.
You can use toilet roll paper if the rolls have not allready been stolen.
If the place has another occupant, you can get someone who has not washed his hands to open it before he washes, then you can hold the door open with your foot so he can leave, or get a passerby to put their foot in the door for you if you are in a hurry.
If that is not possible I always wait for someone to come in, and slip out before the door can close, without having to touch anything,
The only problem with that method was, I had to wait 5 hours one day in an out of the way restroom.
Also you must never fall asleep waiting, as a silent pee'er and washer may enter, and slip out unheard, losing you the chance to escape.
A final and very succesful method is to scream 'HELP' continuously at the top of your voice, that usually gets the door opened PDQ.
Always thank your rescuer on the way out.
I hope those few suggestions help!
Old 03-19-2020, 11:47 AM

I know this is a stupid question. If you are so concerned about how people wash their hands in public rest room. How to shut off faucets in public rest rooms. How to enter and leave public restrooms. Why are you out there where you can see all this. Hmmm
Old 03-19-2020, 12:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjackson1759 View Post
please add that it is a good idea to use the towels, with which you have just dried your hands, to open the restroom door.
Absolutely. I forgot to mention that in my original post. What I do when there are no paper towels, is use clothing to touch the door handle. It's always helpful when the door is a swing door so you don't have to touch it at all with any part of your hands.
Old 03-19-2020, 12:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdp07 View Post
I just addressed that in another post. Some people have said they use toilet paper to touch the handles. I just use clothing to spare placing my hands on handles.
Old 03-19-2020, 12:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
You can use toilet roll paper if the rolls have not allready been stolen.
If the place has another occupant, you can get someone who has not washed his hands to open it before he washes, then you can hold the door open with your foot so he can leave, or get a passerby to put their foot in the door for you if you are in a hurry.
If that is not possible I always wait for someone to come in, and slip out before the door can close, without having to touch anything,
The only problem with that method was, I had to wait 5 hours one day in an out of the way restroom.
Also you must never fall asleep waiting, as a silent pee'er and washer may enter, and slip out unheard, losing you the chance to escape.
A final and very succesful method is to scream 'HELP' continuously at the top of your voice, that usually gets the door opened PDQ.
Always thank your rescuer on the way out.
I hope those few suggestions help!
Oh my gosh. So funny! We have to keep up our senses of humor and this fits the bill.
Old 03-19-2020, 12:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TandHSTAR@AOL.com View Post
I know this is a stupid question. If you are so concerned about how people wash their hands in public rest room. How to shut off faucets in public rest rooms. How to enter and leave public restrooms. Why are you out there where you can see all this. Hmmm
These are things I've been doing for over 50 years as I was trained in this for my profession. I've been adhering to these practices most of my adult life. Nothing new for me. I've observed people for many years that have no clue that they just wasted their time washing their hands only to contaminate them all over again.
Old 03-19-2020, 12:42 PM
Sage
Default spare a square

Old 03-19-2020, 02:15 PM

This is common sense which unfortunately people don’t all have !
Old 03-19-2020, 02:22 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Watching other people in public restrooms?

Tags
hands, faucets, faucet, turn, touch

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.