Water

Old 03-21-2024, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Call Mike Scott Plumbing and quit wasting time on ToTV.

Ask for a qualified technician not a trainee. I got a trainee the 1st time and had to pay for incompetence, the other times they were out they sent an experienced person by my request
Old 03-21-2024, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Call Mike Scott Plumbing and quit wasting time on ToTV.

On October 7, 2022, I observed the results of a big leak under the concert floor in my master bathroom. The entire rug in the master bedroom was flooded, and the rug in the guest bedroom was partially flooded. My insurance company paid over $14,000 to repair the damage in three rooms. A few days before the big leak, there were faint sounds of water running in the master bathroom.

Lessoned learned: If you hear faint sounds of water running, turn off the supply value in your garage. If the sound stops, turn the water valve on and look for a leak under your sinks, water heater, etc. If you can't find the source, assume it is a pipe leak under your concert floor and call a plumber before it becomes a major leak.
Old 03-21-2024, 06:02 AM

My neighbor had that and it was coming from under his dish washer.
Old 03-21-2024, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorillarick View Post
Look for the easy things first. Open your cabinet under your sink. Take everything out and use the palm of your hand to check for wet or even damp. Feel the rear wall around and below the valves.
Not so easy, pull your refrigerator out and look for water, and on the wall behind.

Hoses from wall valves to where ever.

Worse scenario - I won't go there. If you can't find it, call a plumber. Water can do a lot of damage in a hurry. Mitigate

Water will travel downhill (might not seem like downhill), but can then show-up 5 or 20 feet away. This is very common with many floor coverings.

Laundry room - leaking washer, or faucets on the wall behind. Could also be a clogged laundry drain that only pukes when pumping out the tub.
Talk about water damage, two years ago when we made our winter journey to TV, we turned off the water to our condo. Our son stopped to check the place, turned on the water to use the bathroom, and then forgot to turn it off again. A week later he checked the condo, and discovered water damage to the entire upper floor in the kitchen, which also leaked into the finished basement. The connection from the water source to the ice maker had developed a leak, and our insurance company paid out a $21,000 bill for the repairs. My first thought upon reading the post was the problem most likely lies with a loose connection like we had.
Old 03-21-2024, 06:15 AM

Check you AC sump
Old 03-21-2024, 06:15 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,045 Times in 536 Posts

Possible condensation from something? The air here is quite humid. Windows, refrigerator, wine chiller, toilet tank, the list can be endless for condensation issues.

“ There are those who believe something, and therefore will tolerate nothing; and on the other hand, those who tolerate everything, because they believe nothing.” - Robert Browning
Old 03-21-2024, 06:50 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denverdame View Post
I have water seeping from underneath my kitchen floor. It’s not a lot but it’s concerning. Any ideas of what this could be? Thank you.
It could be a million things. Call a plumber before it gets worse instead of everyone here taking a guess at it
Old 03-21-2024, 07:01 AM
Veteran member

Not enough information to be of help
Old 03-21-2024, 07:03 AM
Default Leak

Quote:
I have water seeping from underneath my kitchen floor. It’s not a lot but it’s concerning. Any ideas of what this could be? Thank you.

Could be the dishwasher, had to replace hardwood floors because the water line had a pinhole.
Old 03-21-2024, 08:04 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I would say either cracked foundation & pipes are leaking or just a crack & water under the foundation is seeping through a crack. If I were you I would have Builder look at it or have someone that’s know concrete. How terrible!
Old 03-21-2024, 09:02 AM

Quote:
I have been dealing with a similar problem for over two years. If your home has a stucco exterior you might be interested to know that a maladjusted sprinkler head, constantly wetting the exterior wall, can cause water to actually go THROUGH the stucco and into the porous concrete block wall, eventually seeping down to the slab and then, under the proper conditions INTO the house. All this, according to my irrigation guy who discovered the maladjusted sprinkler heads at the rear of my home. If I can get the seepage to ever stop, I intend to use "Flexseal" clear at the base of the wall. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my guy is right in his assessment.
Old 03-21-2024, 09:15 AM

Quote:
If you have ever replaced the carpet in your house, you would see the concrete slab has cracks from when the house settled. It is possible that the water table is high and seeping through the cracks or you have a pvc pipe crack.
Old 03-21-2024, 09:50 AM

Had a neighbor that had water leaking in his shower, believe it or not, it was ground water from outside in rear of his house from his rear neighbors down spouts. He had to have an under ground drain line installed to the front of his home at the street.
Old 03-21-2024, 10:10 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,212 Times in 351 Posts

Just an FYI. A few years ago I had an issue with my air conditioner which resulted in water damage in my kitchen. I filed a claim with my homeowners insurance. The insurance company just cancelled me.
Old 03-21-2024, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Yes! A neighbor of mine had this same thing happening in her rarely used spare bathroom. I went over to help her. We turned off the water coming into her house that night and the next day a plumber came over, ran a camera down the toilet it that bathroom and found a partial clog in the sewer line. Too much toilet paper had pretty much blocked her line. Fished it out and the problem was solved.

Tags
water, it’s, ideas, lot, floor

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.