Water in Bonita

Closed Thread
Old 03-12-2010, 06:51 AM
Default Water in Bonita

When I opened my water tap this morning, out came what looked like milk!! It's not just oxygen, it still looks that way after sitting in a glass for awhile.
It's like that from all faucets! I live in Bonita. Anyone heard anything? I checked the VCDD website and there's no mention of a repeat of the boil water notice. I'm boiling everything just to be sure.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:18 AM
Veteran member

I'm in Amelia and just checked ours. Clear as a bell! However...it was clear as a bell during the "boil water warning", as well, so I guess that's not an indication.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:32 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I'd call the water company just to be on the safe side, but it's probably nothing. Air bubbles are the usual cause of the milky look. There might be a bit too much pressure in the pipes, especially after going from "low water" to this rain. Anyway, air bubbles dissolve in pressurized water, releasing a gas. The gas from the air bubbles is what causes the cloudy look.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.