Water pumps in Deluna?

Closed Thread
Old 08-07-2022, 11:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,289 Times in 2,841 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioshooter View Post
What, for us newbie’s?
The clubhouse, restaurant/ bar, priority member pool and tennis courts, restrooms, etc… were all torn down and not replaced. Instead, a multi- story apartment complex was planned to be built where they once stood. Residents who paid a premium to live on a Championship Golf course with country club facilities (and people who bought priority memberships to have access to the pool and tennis courts) were left holding the bag. After much backlash, the plans to build the multi-story apartment complex were scrapped and instead the new plan is to build Villas in that space. Hacienda Hills is now the only Championship course north of 44 without a Clubhouse (pro shop), restaurant and bar. Even the new course south of 44 at least has a pro shop. Checking in to golf at Hacienda Hills is at a starter shack, like at the Executive courses.

The precedent has been set, any current or prospective resident paying a premium for living on or near a Championship Golf course needs to beware, it could happen to you as well! Consider this a friendly warning to newbie’s.
Old 08-07-2022, 12:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,525 Times in 2,129 Posts

Quote:
What, for us newbie’s?
Before my time but as I understand it, the Developer decided to close the Hacienda Hills Country Club. The restaurant was closed, the building demolished, and the pool filled in. At one point an apartment building was going to go there but I think that idea has been scrapped.

The concern is that there appear to be no guarantees that the same won't happen with any of the other country clubs.

When you drove around with your realtor you saw country clubs, pools, town squares, businesses, single-family homes, and depending on when you purchased you saw a development that ended at CR44 with no plans to go any further. Much of that is not guaranteed to stay the same and some is already gone. Times change, opportunities arise, cash flows don't meet expectations, and promises are either forgotten or simply broken. Don't take for granted anything that isn't specifically spelled out in your deed, deed restrictions, or CDD documents.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 08-07-2022, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
The clubhouse, restaurant/ bar, priority member pool and tennis courts, restrooms, etc… were all torn down and not replaced. Instead, a multi- story apartment complex was planned to be built where they once stood. Residents who paid a premium to live on a Championship Golf course with country club facilities (and people who bought priority memberships to have access to the pool and tennis courts) were left holding the bag. After much backlash, the plans to build the multi-story apartment complex were scrapped and instead the new plan is to build Villas in that space. Hacienda Hills is now the only Championship course north of 44 without a Clubhouse (pro shop), restaurant and bar. Even the new course south of 44 at least has a pro shop. Checking in to golf at Hacienda Hills is at a starter shack, like at the Executive courses.

The precedent has been set, any current or prospective resident paying a premium for living on or near a Championship Golf course needs to beware, it could happen to you as well! Consider this a friendly warning to newbie’s.
I see!
Old 08-08-2022, 09:15 AM

Well, the pump on Whittington Circle is gone, the one on Pierluissi Path is disconnected and the one across the pond is still running. Making progress.
Old 08-08-2022, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Well, the pump on Whittington Circle is gone, the one on Pierluissi Path is disconnected and the one across the pond is still running. Making progress.
I was fooled, they just took the pump on Whittington and moved it between the house. Still pumping. From the looks of this I don't think they will be gone by Tuesday.
Old 08-08-2022, 11:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,770 Times in 976 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
Before my time but as I understand it, the Developer decided to close the Hacienda Hills Country Club. The restaurant was closed, the building demolished, and the pool filled in. At one point an apartment building was going to go there but I think that idea has been scrapped.

The concern is that there appear to be no guarantees that the same won't happen with any of the other country clubs.

When you drove around with your realtor you saw country clubs, pools, town squares, businesses, single-family homes, and depending on when you purchased you saw a development that ended at CR44 with no plans to go any further. Much of that is not guaranteed to stay the same and some is already gone. Times change, opportunities arise, cash flows don't meet expectations, and promises are either forgotten or simply broken. Don't take for granted anything that isn't specifically spelled out in your deed, deed restrictions, or CDD documents.
There were always plans to go further. They were simply not made public.
Old 08-08-2022, 05:19 PM

In case anyone is interested, they pumped about 18” of water out of the pond today and into the street drain. Mystwarien, you will probably need some lawn work.
Old 08-08-2022, 08:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,787 Times in 1,557 Posts

Quote:
In case anyone is interested, they pumped about 18” of water out of the pond today and into the street drain. Mystwarien, you will probably need some lawn work.
Very interesting. What will they do next, I wonder?
Thanks for the updates.
Old 08-10-2022, 07:41 PM

Thanks for the update. I have relatives checking it out regularly. I'll ask them to see if there is any lawn damage in the easement. We plan on coming down for a week soon.
Closed Thread

Tags
water, pump, run, home, 7/5

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.