Water/sewer charge question

Closed Thread
Old 09-09-2018, 06:17 AM
Sage

This is incorrect (reread post #13 to realize the poster is actually stating that the southern areas are receiving treated waste water on their lawns) . Treated waste water is not used on residential lawns. It is, however, used on the golf courses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring_chicken View Post
Don't consider it "stuck". Be thankful you don't have the treated wastewater in your lawn. People get bad infections from the crapwater they use at the ballfields.
My usage is 3 times what it was back home and my bill is half.

Last edited by biker1; 09-09-2018 at 08:03 PM.
Old 09-09-2018, 04:48 PM

Charge for our sewer use is ridiculous!
Old 09-10-2018, 04:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucernelson View Post
Just trying to understand our monthly bill. Last month we were in RI for the whole billing cycle. Our Marion County water/sewer charge was $76.86. Water charge base was $12.75 while water charge use was $7.14. Sewer charge base was $22.53 while sewer charge use was $34.44. Since virtually all water use was for irrigation, I guess I am paying a sewer charge on that. Does that make sense? Thanks in advance for your replies.
Bruce
Did ya call the water department, they are very nice and have better answers than the guesses you get from here
Old 09-10-2018, 05:03 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Did ya call the water department, they are very nice and have better answers than the guesses you get from here
One waterline coming into our courtyard villa in Marion County. So even though you are just watering your lawn, there will be a sewer charge also. I believe it is as simple as that.
Old 09-10-2018, 05:05 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeriteri View Post
Charge for our sewer use is ridiculous!

Makes me think I’m lucky to have a septic system up north. Every 18 months we have it pumped for $180.

Here in TV in our CYV, it’s mostly stone with shrubs that grow too fast, I’ve turned off the sprinkler system and will leave it turned off. The way I see it we get enough rain here to keep the shrubs alive. Even at that this coming winter we’re going to remove the many shrubs that are around the villa, it’s overkill. Seems to me that when shrubs are small home owners think they need to plant, plant and then plant more. It does look nice but then they grow and you have a lot of work to keep them trimmed. Of course you could pay someone but I’m more of a hands on DIY person.
Old 09-10-2018, 07:46 PM
Sage

We have had a couple of homes with septic systems. The last one was pumped after 10 years as a condition of selling the house. There was essentially nothing in the tank. The guy pumping said that was pretty typical as most of his work was pumping tanks that didn't need to be pumped as a condition of a sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-flat View Post
Makes me think I’m lucky to have a septic system up north. Every 18 months we have it pumped for $180.

Here in TV in our CYV, it’s mostly stone with shrubs that grow too fast, I’ve turned off the sprinkler system and will leave it turned off. The way I see it we get enough rain here to keep the shrubs alive. Even at that this coming winter we’re going to remove the many shrubs that are around the villa, it’s overkill. Seems to me that when shrubs are small home owners think they need to plant, plant and then plant more. It does look nice but then they grow and you have a lot of work to keep them trimmed. Of course you could pay someone but I’m more of a hands on DIY person.
Old 09-10-2018, 07:53 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
We have had a couple of homes with septic systems. The last one was pumped after 10 years as a condition of selling the house. There was essentially nothing in the tank. The guy pumping said that was pretty typical as most of his work was pumping tanks that didn't need to be pumped as a condition of a sale.
Our guy usually tells me you could wait a little longer, but this last time around he told me it was ready.

Tags
charge, water, sewer, water/sewer, base

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.