Water Supply on CYV

Closed Thread
Old 08-02-2023, 06:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,761 Times in 5,264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
I believe it straps on the water line, preferably near the meter, but not onto the meter itself.

The Flume device is about six inches long. I believe I have enough space in my meter box but I haven't dug the ten years of grime out of it to see for sure.

Do you know if the water company has a policy about customers placing the Flume device in the meter box?
Watch the video on the Amazon website for the Flume 2. It looks to me like the guy is strapping the Flume device directly onto a water meter. I don't know if there are any restrictions by the water company.

https://www.amazon.com/Flume-Smart-W...s%2C242&sr=8-3
Old 08-02-2023, 07:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,416 Times in 2,074 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Watch the video on the Amazon website for the Flume 2. It looks to me like the guy is strapping the Flume device directly onto a water meter. I don't know if there are any restrictions by the water company.

Amazon.com
I corrected my post. Thank you. That was not at all what I understood from the Flume documentation. Obviously, I need to read it more closely.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 08-02-2023, 07:54 AM

We have older villa with water shutoff in ground out front. We got tool from Lowe’s to more easily turn it off. We did have a plumber put a water filtration system in our house which is located in garage. They put a water turn off valve there. Very easy to turn water off from there.
Old 08-02-2023, 08:27 AM
Veteran member

Definitely no valve in garage as the plumber who installed my hot water heater turned the water off outside under ground panel.

I would like to replace those pop out valves under sinks and toilets as that seems like it would be the culprit of a water leak.
Old 08-02-2023, 10:05 AM
Default We have the tool you need that you can borrow.

We live in Newell. Email me if you want to use it…n1829vanbeck@gmail.com.
Old 08-02-2023, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGibson View Post
For those in a CYV with the water shut off outside in front of house under a lawn cover what tool or did you design a tool that makes it so you don't have to get on your hands and knees on the rocks to turn off the valve.

Or do they sell a long tool that fits on that odd valve handle? It looks like a rectangular nub.

Also anyone who had a water shut off installed in garage what did you pay and who did you use?
I had a plumber move mine to the front of my garage. They would not go through my poured concrete wall.
Old 08-02-2023, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by star20166@yahoo.com View Post
There is a shut off in your garage. Look for it and you will find it. No need to do anything out in front. It will be white pvc and will turn off with a 1/4 turn. PVC weakens in heat and over time to be gentle with it or you will have a water emergency.
There is not one in some courtyard villas. This has been discussed previously.
Old 08-03-2023, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGibson View Post
For those in a CYV with the water shut off outside in front of house under a lawn cover what tool or did you design a tool that makes it so you don't have to get on your hands and knees on the rocks to turn off the valve.

Or do they sell a long tool that fits on that odd valve handle? It looks like a rectangular nub.

Also anyone who had a water shut off installed in garage what did you pay and who did you use?
Contact the Warranty Department. They can tell you where the water shutoff is located in your specific home.
Closed Thread

Tags
water, tool, valve, cyv, shut

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.