Water Usage Now a Secret

Closed Thread
Old 06-23-2022, 11:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,944 Times in 2,463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhood View Post
I think the old page (data) is still there. I was able to access it using the last bill link they sent me. I took screen shots so I have all my neighbors account numbers. I also check vacant homes of snowbird neighbors each month when they are gone for abnormal use.

IMO this is exactly why it shouldn’t be public
Old 06-23-2022, 11:57 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyseguy View Post
Isn't that amazing. I pay for the MRI or PTSCAN and do not have access to the reults. I have to ask my doctor to get them. Seems wrong.
And pay for them if want it in CD.
Old 06-23-2022, 12:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryoungs View Post
This is off the subject, kind of, but my last water bill said I used 17,500 gallons of water last month, and over 18,000 gallons the month before. I just bought the house, and it is unoccupied. I have the water shut off, both for the irrigation and the potable water. I called the Villages office which handles water bills, and after a long wait on hold, a lady finally came on the phone. I guess she was having a bad day because she was quite snarky and rude. At any rate, she told me I probably had a leaky toilet. I am at home up north in Illinois during the summer months, but I did have a man who could go inside the house and check the toilets and the sprinkler system. He found no leaks in the toilets, and the sprinkler system was indeed shut off. While she was on the phone, I asked the lady if there was a discounted amenity fee rate for snowbirds such as myself. I had no hopes that there actually would be one, but I was surprised at her rude response. Anyway, more than 35,000 gallons of water usage in two months sounds over the top. So, does anyone have any constructive words of advice for me? She did promise to have someone stop by and check that the meter was okay, but it does not seem that happened. (By the way, I have noticed that sometimes the comments here on Talk of the Villages are rather supercilious. I would ask that such responders sit on their hands and let others give me advice. Thanks.)

Did you shut water off at meter? if not you may have leak (i doubt it) after meter and before house shut off. But if you did have leak 35,000 gallons of water would show up somewhere I would think.
Old 06-23-2022, 12:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
I have asked and was told that I had to get it from my doctor as they ordered the test. Fl Cancer will release my blood work, but Sarasota Memorial and Doctors Hospital will not release scan results directly to me. I want to clarify that I am not asking for the report before my doctor, but am asking for the report so I can file it with all of the treatments and surgeries for documentation.
In NY I had a similar issue with Sloan, though Hackensack Hospital and Valley did release them. Perhaps the question is who owns the report? Would it be the doctor who ordered it, the facility that did it, or the patient?
IMO should be the person paying for it.
Old 06-23-2022, 12:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,743 Times in 5,255 Posts

Quote:
Isn't that amazing. I pay for the MRI or PTSCAN and do not have access to the reults. I have to ask my doctor to get them. Seems wrong.
Section 456.057, Florida Statutes, allows patients or their legal representative to receive copies of all reports and records relating to an examination or treatment by a healthcare practitioner.

If you have a scan or test done at Lake Medical Imaging, you can pick up a copy of the written report and/or the DVD the next day. If you have blood tests done by Quest, you can view the results on their website, usually the next day. It is a good idea to set up a user name and password with both of these companies.
Old 06-23-2022, 12:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkjelenbaas View Post
How did Massey control your water useage? Just curious
I think I can answer that. We added sprinklers to our Massey contract 6
months ago. The first time they came out, our next water usage was $20 higher than normal. It turns out whoever came out increased the watering times without telling us. The next quarter when they came out, I was a lot more on top of what they were doing and gave specific in instructions as to how much watering we wanted.
Old 06-23-2022, 01:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
months ago. The first time they came out, our next water usage was $20 higher than normal. It turns out whoever came out increased the watering times without telling us. The next quarter when they came out, I was a lot more on top of what they were doing and gave specific in instructions as to how much watering we wanted.
I have the Massey irrigation maintenance service, primarily in case I need someone to fix an underground leak, or repair a broken sprinkler. But, I would never allow them to touch the controller in the garage. Their sprinkler technicians are not trained properly on how the controller functions. Also, they see several different controllers in other houses, and they cannot know how to set up every one. Setting up the controller is a DIY task.
Old 06-23-2022, 01:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,526 Times in 3,111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhood View Post
I think the old page (data) is still there. I was able to access it using the last bill link they sent me. I took screen shots so I have all my neighbors account numbers. I also check vacant homes of snowbird neighbors each month when they are gone for abnormal use.
That's really creepy and stalkerish.
Old 06-23-2022, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Can you explain specifically how you did that? I am not able to do it, and The Villages utility department told me that access to water usage data was eliminated, except for those who can provide a name and account number. See Post No. 24.

Thanks.
BS&A Online
Search, then view current bill link.
Old 06-24-2022, 04:53 AM

Quote:
I have asked and was told that I had to get it from my doctor as they ordered the test. Fl Cancer will release my blood work, but Sarasota Memorial and Doctors Hospital will not release scan results directly to me. I want to clarify that I am not asking for the report before my doctor, but am asking for the report so I can file it with all of the treatments and surgeries for documentation.
In NY I had a similar issue with Sloan, though Hackensack Hospital and Valley did release them. Perhaps the question is who owns the report? Would it be the doctor who ordered it, the facility that did it, or the patient?
They own the report, you have a right to the information.
Old 06-24-2022, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I’m newly full time, but have been using Massey for over a year. I’m in control of the sprinkler system and I’ve set it to their recommendation.

But taking a look at all of the nice, healthy green grass growing around the walking paths here in Hawkins has made me wonder if all of this watering is some sort of money making system for the Villages. None of that grass around the ponds and walking paths is irrigated, only the few trees planted near the paths are. So why is that grass so nice and healthy looking and I’m spending a lot of money with Massey by paying them to fertilize and insecticide and cut the yard to only have **** poor results.
Old 06-24-2022, 07:06 AM

In these days you have to make sure you can be as secure as possible. That information could be considered PII and should not have been accessible to EVERYONE but only the property owner. When/If someone would to get ahold of that could link down to some other data that you would not out there on the inter-webs. Its better to more secure than not secure at all.
Old 06-24-2022, 07:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,396 Times in 2,069 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaCros View Post
In these days you have to make sure you can be as secure as possible. That information could be considered PII and should not have been accessible to EVERYONE but only the property owner. When/If someone would to get ahold of that could link down to some other data that you would not out there on the inter-webs. Its better to more secure than not secure at all.
What data on the water bill is PII? It has my name and my address - information that is stored in dozens of other places including the Villages phone book. Surely you do not mean to imply that the Villages phone book is leaking everyone's PII!

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 06-24-2022, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
What data on the water bill is PII? It has my name and my address - information that is stored in dozens of other places including the Villages phone book. Surely you do not mean to imply that the Villages phone book is leaking everyone's PII!
They still have the ability to look at my bill and this just seems wrong. My personal finances, or anything else about my life, is my own business and mine only unless I choose to disclose it. Back in the pre-electronic everything days this would be the equivalent of someone intercepting and opening my mail. Would that seem okay to you? And also, being listed in the Villlages phone book, or not, is a choice. As of now we aren’t.
Old 06-24-2022, 08:28 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldragbagger View Post
They still have the ability to look at my bill and this just seems wrong. My personal finances, or anything else about my life, is my own business and mine only unless I choose to disclose it. Back in the pre-electronic everything days this would be the equivalent of someone intercepting and opening my mail. Would that seem okay to you? And also, being listed in the Villlages phone book, or not, is a choice. As of now we aren’t.
If you go to the Google or Bing website, and type in your name followed by "the villages", and/or a previous city where you lived, you may be surprised at how much of your personal information is available to the public. Two other sources of information are the county real estate website and the Florida voter registration website.
Closed Thread

Tags
usage, address, water, feature, villages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.