Water Volleyball.

Closed Thread
Old 07-20-2021, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisanp@aol.com View Post
I'm a new resident, and all I was given was a phone book and my log-in ID for tee times. So, if anyone in charge of recreation is reading this, a better "orientation" procedure is necessary!
If you subscribed to the newspaper (The Daily Sun) you would get the Recreation news every Thursday. Or, you could go to any Rec center and pick one up at any time. Hope that helps.
Old 07-20-2021, 09:06 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,043 Times in 369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmerl View Post
If you subscribed to the newspaper (The Daily Sun) you would get the Recreation news every Thursday. Or, you could go to any Rec center and pick one up at any time. Hope that helps.
And, that club and recreation information is also available on
Http://www.districtgov.org
Old 07-20-2021, 09:16 AM

is the water volleyball all competitive or is there a low key recreational group?
Old 07-20-2021, 10:10 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,295 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKBandME View Post
is the water volleyball all competitive or is there a low key recreational group?
Currently there are four levels of water volleyball. Basic, Intermediate and Advanced divisions 1 & 2. Basic is social volleyball, a good way to stay cool and have fun. Intermediate is 3 hit volleyball, where each team must use their three hits. It’s competitive play with spiking and blocking. Advanced is primarily made up of stronger players who have moved up from Intermediate. There is open play for both Basic & Intermediate, but you have to be evaluated to play at the Advanced level.
Old 07-20-2021, 10:14 AM

Easy, check with one of the staff at your closest Regional Recreation Center (possibly Evergreen), look on-line under Districtgov.org. Look for the Recreation Department tab. You should also attend the Newcomers on the First of the month at Rohan. Great information. I also suggest the VHA Newcomers Newcomers held once a month. Check the Daily Sun for the day and location.
Old 07-20-2021, 01:51 PM
Platinum member
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKBandME View Post
Start reading at the beginning and all your questions will be answered.
Old 07-20-2021, 01:54 PM
Platinum member
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisanp@aol.com View Post
I'm a new resident, and all I was given was a phone book and my log-in ID for tee times. So, if anyone in charge of recreation is reading this, a better "orientation" procedure is necessary!
You probably got the rec newspaper when you bought or after.
I was given one and it had a gazillion activities in it..
Old 07-20-2021, 01:54 PM

If you are single, then I recommend you check out the Single Baby Boomers of The Villages. They have a water volley ball group that plays once, sometimes several times a week. Information about joining the group can be found on line. Good luck.
Old 07-21-2021, 01:00 AM

Put the villages app on your phone. Then go to calendar and on the search type WVB. There is water volleyball all day every day somewhere. It will give you times and places. Make sure you go to organized volleyball. That is where you show up and they assign you to a court with others. The other type of volleyball is group play. That is for those who already have a cohesive team and have reserved a court. Once you go to organized you meet people and you can always form your own group and then have your group meet at group play. The best thing about living in The Villages is there are many regional rec centers and a multitude of sports pools so you can do what you enjoy everyday and can meet new people. You will find your niche and your favorite pool with friends who enjoy the same activities. The app is great because the schedules are on your phone. You just need to know the abbreviations. Water volleyball is listed as WVB. Good luck. Congratulations on making the best move of your life.
Old 07-21-2021, 08:59 AM
Smile

I just watched water volleyball at the Rohan Rec Center sports pool this past Saturday. The pool was full of teams playing. 6-person teams, I think (maybe 8 lol, can't remember) It looked awesome. Good luck! I'm moving down in August.
Old 08-08-2021, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebeeDoo View Post
I just watched water volleyball at the Rohan Rec Center sports pool this past Saturday. The pool was full of teams playing. 6-person teams, I think (maybe 8 lol, can't remember) It looked awesome. Good luck! I'm moving down in August.
I play about 6 to seven days a week and am in good shape no health issues.
But at monia days they sort of like to win and if you miss few times they are harse enough to tell you to go back to basic even though they miss and make mistakes. This venue has the kind of people that are great but they also have a few woman and men that like only to win even though its supposed to be for fun. Alot of jokes is great but telling you to back to basic is making the friendly est place to live is kind of a misleading statement. I have felt pretty bad after this woman(linda) told me to go back to basic. She missed her fair share and the taem in general also missed plenty of volleys. And who is she to tell anyone not to do what they want. So in closing some people have been playing for 10 years or more and are better then most of the players. If they want special play let them get on thier own team with only stars such as themselves. I think the volleyball commitee should make it a rule not to tell others what the can and cannot do.
Old 08-08-2021, 07:22 AM
Default great Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro200 View Post
I play about 6 to seven days a week and am in good shape no health issues.
But at monia days they sort of like to win and if you miss few times they are harse enough to tell you to go back to basic even though they miss and make mistakes. This venue has the kind of people that are great but they also have a few woman and men that like only to win even though its supposed to be for fun. Alot of jokes is great but telling you to back to basic is making the friendly est place to live is kind of a misleading statement. I have felt pretty bad after this woman(linda) told me to go back to basic. She missed her fair share and the taem in general also missed plenty of volleys. And who is she to tell anyone not to do what they want. So in closing some people have been playing for 10 years or more and are better then most of the players. If they want special play let them get on thier own team with only stars such as themselves. I think the volleyball commitee should make it a rule not to tell others what the can and cannot do.
Some playersare tall and spike very well and are very active in the water making them great at this sport but others me included wear contacts and i dont go under water at all, not as fast and dont move around so much and in general not as good as some men and woman they are great for this sport. Oh the linda that made the smart remark probably was probably one of the girls you see in high school movies that was in the in crowd chasing football players. She has that look like a prom queen.
Old 08-18-2021, 11:43 AM
Default WVB At Everglades

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2inOR View Post
Everglades sports pool in Marsh Bend has basic WVB on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Friday at 1-3pm, and Thursday 3-5pm.

Send me your contact info (name, email address) by private message to be added to the email list.

As mentioned in an earlier comment, it is basic, and newbies are grouped together to learn the basics. No teams, but effort is made each day to balance the players.

Definitely a lot of fun on a hot day.
Please add me my husband to your email list.
Donna and David Ketterer
Djk031253@gmail.com
Thanks 😊
Old 10-31-2021, 01:42 PM
Default Is there a game of water volleyball where u can just show up and play for fun????????

Just looking for a fun game of WVB in the Spanish Springs area. Just show up and play, anyone welcome, just for fun. No formal classes , just a nice afternoon of fun in the pool. Is the one at La Hacienda on Sundays open for anyone?
Closed Thread

Tags
volleyball, water, clubs, pool/water, question

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.