Fenney Here we Come - Where do we Go

Closed Thread
Old 04-12-2018, 08:46 PM
Default Fenney Here we Come - Where do we Go

And after 4 months of looking at houses online, reading/starting threads here and our preview last week, we bought in Fenney. (Thanks for all the info.)

The preview visit was a blur. I remember finding gas down by Fenney and our realtor showed us where new grocery shopping was going in. Don't remember where this was. Will it be by the Turnpike and 468?

For grocery shopping now, looks like it is a tossup either going to the Publix by Brownwood or the Publix at Lake Deaton.

Does that make sense?

The Fenney utility sheet showed Comcast and Century Link for cable/internet. Might try going with just internet and stream with Sling or Directv now.

See you the end of May!
Old 04-12-2018, 08:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Congratulations it really is great living here.
Old 04-12-2018, 09:13 PM

The place is really booming now. Tried to drive past the lot we just purchased yesterday and there were so many construction trucks that we had to park two blocks away and walk to our beautiful lot. It was great to see the water level in the pond is much higher since the recent rains. The developer has done a great job of preserving the giant Oak trees to provide a natural setting. From an investment standpoint, obviously the early purchasers will benefit the most. Shopping will be a little inconvenient for a short time but still won't take me as long as going to the grocery store when we lived in crowded Illinois. If you wait until all the conveniences are installed, the prices will be up significantly, so welcome and enjoy! The Villages knows how to develop attractive neighborhoods and this is the latest and greatest. My wife is especially happy to have natural gas for cooking and has always despised the electric stoves forced on most of the other villages here. It is also much faster to get on the Interstate and to the Orlando airport from Fenney. It will be the third "Village" we have lived in and each move has been rewarding. The tunnels and bridge will be completed sooner than the negative posters think.
Old 04-12-2018, 09:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,169 Times in 1,930 Posts

Wonder how long it will be before retail stores such as Bed Bath and Beyond, Target, Joann's, Home Depot and the rest of those along the 441/27 corridor will be available to those living so far south. Better question is.....will those retail stores ever be put in place that far south?
Old 04-12-2018, 10:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Wonder how long it will be before retail stores such as Bed Bath and Beyond, Target, Joann's, Home Depot and the rest of those along the 441/27 corridor will be available to those living so far south. Better question is.....will those retail stores ever be put in place that far south?

No. 44 will never become a 27/441.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-12-2018, 10:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,940 Times in 2,460 Posts

Where to go? Get in your car and drive to 44 or wildwood for ANYTHING for couple of years
Old 04-12-2018, 11:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Where to go? Get in your car and drive to 44 or wildwood for ANYTHING for couple of years

Except for miniature golf. [emoji6]

Old 04-12-2018, 11:09 PM
Sage
Default Fenney Here we Come - Where do we Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_sjc View Post
And after 4 months of looking at houses online, reading/starting threads here and our preview last week, we bought in Fenney. (Thanks for all the info.)

The preview visit was a blur. I remember finding gas down by Fenney and our realtor showed us where new grocery shopping was going in. Don't remember where this was. Will it be by the Turnpike and 468?

For grocery shopping now, looks like it is a tossup either going to the Publix by Brownwood or the Publix at Lake Deaton.

Does that make sense?

The Fenney utility sheet showed Comcast and Century Link for cable/internet. Might try going with just internet and stream with Sling or Directv now.

See you the end of May!

NOTHING better than changing your life in a blur. Welcome to The Villages !

Old 04-13-2018, 03:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

We bring our happiness or unhappiness with us wherever we go.

We lived in a sought after suburb of Cincinnati, but still had to drive ten or fifteen miles for some things.
Old 04-13-2018, 06:23 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post

Years ago when my kids were small I worked in a supermarket part time the head cashier said that you would never see supermarkets accepting plastic as payment.
Old 04-13-2018, 06:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

I really wonder with the traffic up north here getting increasingly frustrating whether it would bother me to have to drive a little ways to get to things. I really don't mind driving, I just hate the traffic.

Enjoy the serenity Fenneyites - you just may end up with the best of both worlds.

Best wishes, tom_sjc, with your new purchase. There will be plenty of friendly folks to help you out along the way once you move in.
Old 04-13-2018, 06:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Why, do you really shop that often? Up north we live in the burbs, yet I drive 40 minutes to shop at brick and mortar and eat at a restaurant that’s not fast food.
My shopping is mostly done online, today I spend 15 minutes online and got everything I need for the week, even a piece of furniture, and a new washer and dryer.
Old 04-13-2018, 07:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_sjc View Post

Does that make sense?

See you the end of May!
Take a breath, all will fall into place. Try not to read the negative about you moving to Fenney. When we bought our first house here, in Pennacamp I heard the same negative comments. Why were we so stupid to by at the end of TV, and we would never get our money out of it. We did sell, and in 3 days so no worries.

If I have to go to grocery I like Lake Deaton.
Old 04-13-2018, 07:37 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

Quote:

301 will
Old 04-13-2018, 07:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
Years ago when my kids were small I worked in a supermarket part time the head cashier said that you would never see supermarkets accepting plastic as payment.
Henry Flagler was told Miami would never be more than a southern outpost with few people living there...........

Tags
fenney, remember, publix, shopping, grocery

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.