Waving to people

Closed Thread
Old 04-03-2008, 06:48 PM
Dancing Thyme
Default Re: Waving to people

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhass
Sweet Nonie, You are to dear for anyone to ever give you a kick. Your smile is as nice as a wave.

wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav

Interesting observation, Sam. My first trip to TV in March, 07, everyone wav wav so much that I thought they were nuts (being a NY type of girl), but of course, I would always wav wav back, in a typical queen of the parade fashion.

But, my last trip, I thought it was me, but there weren't as many wav wav from others, and I found that I was the only one wav wav and they weren't wav wav back?

Gee, now I sound like Boomer : digressing:

Moral of the story, let's keep on wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav

And never stop!! wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav (I love this icon)

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 04-03-2008, 06:55 PM
Platinum member

mfp509:

When I took my first trolley ride more than three years ago, I was struck by the fact that several people in their golf carts waved at the trolley! So, I now make it a habit to wave at the trolley, too, even though it's usually probably only the driver who sees me! Still, chances are he's been a Villager for years and is glad of the wave!

SWR
Old 04-03-2008, 06:57 PM

Boomer, what part of Ohio are you from?
South Amboy, NJ
St. Louis, MO
St. Charles, MO
Lake of the Ozarks, MO

"What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about"?
Old 04-03-2008, 06:59 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,226 Times in 756 Posts

Down by the river.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:01 PM

I spent a lot of early years in Steubenville and the Cincinnati. (Same river in both places)
South Amboy, NJ
St. Louis, MO
St. Charles, MO
Lake of the Ozarks, MO

"What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about"?
Old 04-03-2008, 08:23 PM
Veteran member

wav
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, scotch in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 04-03-2008, 08:28 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna

Samhaus..Here are flowers and a wave for you...The Villages Florida...The Villages Florida wav wav wav wavThe Villages FloridaThe Villages FloridaThe Villages Florida

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 04-03-2008, 09:04 PM
Gold member

For the longest time I've done this in "grumpy New York," and it is invariably disarming. Too often people just don't know what to make of it and pass me off as a nut case. It's just fun to see people's reaction. I remember years ago riding up and down the Belt Parkway in Brooklyn with friends and their two sons wearing Groucho glasses with the bushy eyebrows, big nose, and moustache, smiling and waving to people. Nothing unsafe, but it was always amusing to see such varied reactions. I smile and wave to people here in TV all the time; whether they respond is not my problem....
Old 04-03-2008, 10:11 PM
Sage

Harley Riders wave at each other all the time, so they must be the happiest and friendliest people too
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 04-03-2008, 10:27 PM
Platinum member

We didn't have a Harley, but had a Honda 650 Custom and we can still hear! . All bikers wave to each other. We moved here 3 1/2 yrs. ago and loved the waving. Maybe because we are on the historic side, we tend to notice more waving here??!!! Is it an "historic tradition"? It seems to be more prevelant in this area. Maybe we can spread the wave AGAIN!! wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav or at least smiles ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Old 04-03-2008, 11:14 PM
mcelheny

I have always waved to people in upstate NY and now here. Most people wave back. ;D
Old 04-03-2008, 11:52 PM

Maybe its where you live in the villages I live in the village of Del Mar right behind
Spanish Springs And almost everyone waves as they go bye
:hot: :hot: :beer2: :hot:
FT BENJAMIN HARRISON
FT LEE
TAIWAN
QUI NHON VIETNAM 66-67
Old 04-04-2008, 12:21 AM

That spirit of friendliness is what impressed us so much when we were at the Villages in February. We stopped to ask directions and the people who helped us were so enthusiastic about TV and happy to help us, that it was contagious.

The people we saw in the restaurant just looked so happy and enthusiastic, too. We began to wander if the water was drugged.
New Jersey
Old 04-04-2008, 12:39 AM
Veteran member

Sidney, waved to you on grand Central Pkwy, think it was you, years ago............
Old 04-04-2008, 02:26 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokinronda
We didn't have a Harley, but had a Honda 650 Custom and we can still hear! . All bikers wave to each other. We moved here 3 1/2 yrs. ago and loved the waving. Maybe because we are on the historic side, we tend to notice more waving here??!!! Is it an "historic tradition"? It seems to be more prevelant in this area. Maybe we can spread the wave AGAIN!! wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav wav or at least smiles ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

According to the boss, the historic side is the home of the Stepford Grannies - been drinking the TV kool aid for too long
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.