Rats!!

Closed Thread
Old 10-11-2012, 02:30 PM
Sage
Default Rats!!

eeeewwww! i had a horrible experience this morning...last night luckily i was at home when a God-awful noise emanated from my air handler out back...i shut off my air and called Chuck Farrell's AC....this morning, two nice gentlemen came and had to clean a cut up rat out of my handler!!! i have seen a rat cross morse blvd and heard talk of rats here and there, but this was very unpleasantly close to home... has anyone heard any buzz about a rodent problem increasing in our little paradise? if i had not heard the noise, it would not have harmed my AC but would probably have started to stink in very short order!! maybe everyone should go out and check theirs?
Old 10-11-2012, 03:17 PM
Gold member

We have an excess of snakes in our neighborhood. Perhaps we could loan a few of them out?
Old 10-11-2012, 03:22 PM
Default Rats - rats - & more rats

Yes, of course we have rats here in paradise. Some are called Florida roof rats, and try their best to set up house in your attic. Others you may see scurrying on the golf courses. Because we are a "city" plunked in the middle of rural Florida, we have all kinds of "things" that city-folk may not be used to. The hawks and eagles wouldn't be here without a food source. Also, there are "rat snakes" around, which of course, are nothing but beneficial, even though some people may be terrified of snakes. So, I have learned to be okay with what's here, and let it be. I have, however, stopped putting seed out for the birds (my pest guy called it a "rat feeder"), and make sure I make plenty of noise while working in the garden so I don't get any surprises! Hope you are able to relax and enjoy the rest of paradise !
Old 10-11-2012, 03:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJblue View Post
We have an excess of snakes in our neighborhood. Perhaps we could loan a few of them out?
We have our own snakes, thanks. We have a family of snakes living under our air conditioner. I don't mind them at all, and they keep the rats away!
Old 10-11-2012, 03:37 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
eeeewwww! i had a horrible experience this morning...last night luckily i was at home when a God-awful noise emanated from my air handler out back...i shut off my air and called Chuck Farrell's AC....this morning, two nice gentlemen came and had to clean a cut up rat out of my handler!!! i have seen a rat cross morse blvd and heard talk of rats here and there, but this was very unpleasantly close to home... has anyone heard any buzz about a rodent problem increasing in our little paradise? if i had not heard the noise, it would not have harmed my AC but would probably have started to stink in very short order!! maybe everyone should go out and check theirs?

The rat was cut up ....... and you think you had a horrible experience?
Old 10-11-2012, 03:54 PM
Gold member

they are rattus rattus.......google them. they are quite common and they are nocturnal. i used to set a trap for squirrels and every morning i'd have a rat! so i gave it up.....
Old 10-11-2012, 04:29 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by red tail View Post
they are rattus rattus.......google them. they are quite common and they are nocturnal. i used to set a trap for squirrels and every morning i'd have a rat! so i gave it up.....
Look at it this way: they are both rodents so you were somewhat successful!
In reality, they're different!
Old 10-11-2012, 04:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,534 Times in 1,921 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

And to think I argued with Bestmom about rats being here.

As you get older you find out how many ways you can be wrong.

I am sorry Chacha. What a downer!!!!
Old 10-11-2012, 05:39 PM
Gold member

Wow! From the title of your posting, I thought I had fallen asleep and woke up AFTER the Presidential election and the result was not favorable to your candidate. And then I read about a poor relative of Mickey Mouse buying the farm or the cheese or whatever.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:37 PM
Thumbs down Rats

Four of us going to dinner at Cane Garden saw one crossing (running) right in front of the main door. The wives let out screams. We had to tell everybody why they screamed. Then we heard every body's stories of their sightings.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
Yep, that's an unpleasant experience. Sending you a hug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coralway View Post
The rat was cut up ....... and you think you had a horrible experience?
I don't care who you are, that's just funny right there.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:23 PM
Platinum member

Spotted two smashed ones on the cart path south of LSL just this week
Old 10-11-2012, 08:36 PM
Gold member

Yuck! Just plain Yuck!
Old 10-11-2012, 11:29 PM
Platinum member

We see a lot of dead ones on the cart path between Largo and Colony, especially around the tunnel at Havana.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:55 AM
Donna Temple

OMG. I'm seriously going to change my mind about T.V. ! Allegators, snakes, rats! If I ever saw a rat, I wouldn't be able to eat for a week.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.