We Need Water Volleyball and Aerobics back.

Closed Thread
Old 05-17-2020, 10:21 AM
Gold member
Default We Need Water Volleyball and Aerobics back.

Now that the Pickleball courts are reopening, softball is back, you can workout at a gym, go bowling and all the pools are welcoming residents to enjoy (safety of course). Why not Water Volleyball and Water Aerobics? Participants in aerobics can spread out enough in sports pools to abide by social distancing and Volleyball can be played on multiple courts with a 6 on 6 format to insure enough space between players. Thoughts?

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 05-18-2020, 12:24 PM

I agree water volleyball should resume immediately. For the time being have 4 person teams on each side. The volleyball even though handled by lots of folks would be landing in the water very frequently. I doubt there would be extreme concern for any Corona virus spread by this activity. If you are in the high risk group then you would want to refrain from playing until later this year when a possible vaccine could be available.
Old 05-18-2020, 12:53 PM
Veteran member

I'd like to see water volleyball return too. And most activities at the rec centers and Enrichment Academy.
Old 05-18-2020, 02:12 PM
Default Water Volleyball

If they are allowing sand volleyball why not water volleyball
Old 05-18-2020, 02:49 PM
Veteran member

With all the anti-bacterial chemicals in the pool water I would think both humans and equipment being in, around and covered by that water would be one of the "safest" places to be. Then add in pure sunshine and outdoors and it has to be safer than visiting a grocery store or other enclosed venue. As for me, lets play with 6 on a team, and fill the courts, and I don't care if someone snauffles on or near me. There are a lot of other real bad things that water is treated to kill and it has worked good enough for me in the past.
Old 05-18-2020, 03:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Patience grasshopper.....alll will return in due time.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 05-18-2020, 05:33 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim 9922 View Post
With all the anti-bacterial chemicals in the pool water I would think both humans and equipment being in, around and covered by that water would be one of the "safest" places to be. Then add in pure sunshine and outdoors and it has to be safer than visiting a grocery store or other enclosed venue. As for me, lets play with 6 on a team, and fill the courts, and I don't care if someone snauffles on or near me. There are a lot of other real bad things that water is treated to kill and it has worked good enough for me in the past.
It will happen. This Covid-19 has many in panic state. Hang in there.

Personally I think that we should return to normal now.
Old 05-18-2020, 08:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,078 Times in 2,745 Posts

Until these activities resume, lap swimmers are finally enjoying being able to swim laps at times other than very early in the morning or late in the evening. It’s nice to be able to actually get some lap swimming opportunities between 10 AM and 5 PM : )
Old 05-19-2020, 04:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Swimming is the poor relation in TV swimming pools.
Think they should change the name to something more relevant, like 'Walking and Chatting in Water Pool!'
Always remember a few years ago my wife being 'Tutt Tutted' for actually swimming round a group of chatters in Chatham Pool (pun not intented)!!
Closed Thread

Tags
water, volleyball, aerobics, pools, courts

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.