Weekly District Bulletin- Topic District Executive Golf

Old 03-09-2024, 06:49 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,047 Times in 732 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
2 week? What were they doing for the past 10 years?
(2 flippin' weeks! How many weeks, I wonder, till they drop the ball again?)
I don't disagree a bit.

I've certainly made my opinions known in public, as to how the Maintenance operation has failed us and the course owners ... and made suggestions as to how it can be improved.

2 flippin' weeks isn't a long time, after years of neglect. That said, the Developer isn't a bunch of dummies. I think they've heard the complaints and moving towards a solution and hopefully have learned from their mistakes.

A man (& a golfer) has to have hopes & dreams, right?
Old 03-09-2024, 07:35 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,760 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Thank you for posting that ! I for one truly appreciated the detailed information on the services and products used, especially since I often wondered if they have ever investigated or even considered any of the many new techniques and products available. Also highly agree with their suggestion that we "all" need to do our part, walk that extra 3' to enter a trap at the LOWEST area, take those 15 seconds to fix ball marks and divots, etc. etc. Now if only ONE more important group would also cooperate, if the "ambassador" positions would be eliminated in favor of marshals (how many courses in the entire world have ambassadors rather than marshals... even at the happiest place on earth they have marshals....LOL.. and even "guests" are not allowed to intentionally deface courses and make up their own rules as they are here, so if we had the cooperation of this one last element; knowledgeable maintenance, appropriate products, resident golfers with pride in their courses, and marshals who smile, wave, and offer water but, whose MAIN responsibility is to PROTECT our community's investment and actually "HELP" our groundskeepers and turf managers instead of working to MAKE their job harder. Yes, let's ALL work together, but ALL means ALL. Sitting in a cart, under a shade tree near watching these kinds of behaviors, smiling, helps NO ONE. Even "friendly" resorts that depend on paying customers, do not tolerate the abuse that is a daily, not weekly, not monthly, but daily occurrence here !
Old 03-09-2024, 07:53 PM
Platinum member

Many people complaining about course conditions give the impression all the courses are bad. I have played my share of bad greens on executive courses, but not all are bad. The greens at Sarasota are good and De La Vista are very good. Heron and El Santiago courses are closed for projects other than greens and tees. Belmont has not reopened after a complete course reconstruction. Let’s help each other and talk about courses in good conditions for a change.

Last edited by Mleeja; 03-09-2024 at 08:06 PM.
Old 03-09-2024, 07:53 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
Sitting in a cart, under a shade tree near watching these kinds of behaviors, smiling, helps NO ONE. Even "friendly" resorts that depend on paying customers, do not tolerate the abuse that is a daily, not weekly, not monthly, but daily occurrence here !
I've been looking for an opportunity to call this out, without being the instigator, but seeing as you just did, I'm going to pile on.

I only play 4 Championship courses in TV. I think Belle Glade, Evans Prairie and Southern Oaks. are 3 of the most uninspired golf course designs I've ever seen.

Lopez is a long ride and I don't think it's much of a golf course.

Havana, Hacienda & Cane Garden are in such lousy condition, I don't bother.

I play Palmer. Without a doubt, they have the BEST staff of any of the courses I play. The starters & ambassadors are almost without exception, good guys who work hard, keep things moving and know what they're doing.

I play Glenview. The starters are humorless and full of themselves and the ambassadors are useless. In my 300 rounds in TV, I've had to call the professional to complain about incompetent, rude staff, exactly 3 times. All 3 times, at Glenview.

I play Tierra del sol. Tierra del sol has the grumpiest, most incompetent starters in Florida. The are completely useless and can't come close to keeping things running on time. The only thing worse than talking with one of their starters (or trying to), is dealing with one of their ambassadors. Other than Brett, you'll never find an ambassador at TDS. When they're not hiding, they make sure not to drive within hailing distance of any players. My last 5 rounds at TDS, have been close to 5 hours. Great job, guys.

I play Mallory Hill. Great bunch of starters and ambassadors. Friendly, personable, helpful and they do their best to keep things moving. Hardly ever over 4 hours at Mallory. Partially course design, but the ambassadors get some credit.
Old 03-10-2024, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
So, is it yes or no?

Used to be The Villages would build the golf courses and build houses around it. Now they build the houses and try to find room for golf courses.
Old 03-10-2024, 01:07 PM
Default Bermuda grass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Until the weather turns warmer and grass starts to grow is it possible to fix these courses?
The only 2 solutions are replace with new strains of Bermuda that are more resistant to cold or over seed with rye, something the villages used to do but stopped
Old 03-10-2024, 01:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,914 Times in 4,142 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyjam View Post
Used to be The Villages would build the golf courses and build houses around it. Now they build the houses and try to find room for golf courses.
That's how you think TV plans and builds in new areas????? OK, res ipsa loquitur
Old 03-10-2024, 02:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,279 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
That's how you think TV plans and builds in new areas????? OK, res ipsa loquitur
Haven't they been building multiple courses near Eastport, for well over a year, well before a single house was "built around them"?

-Tom Petty
Old 03-10-2024, 03:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyjam View Post
You need to get out more…….or read more.
Old 03-10-2024, 03:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,914 Times in 4,142 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Haven't they been building multiple courses near Eastport, for well over a year, well before a single house was "built around them"?
Don’t confuse anyone with the facts
Old 03-10-2024, 04:33 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
I've been looking for an opportunity to call this out, without being the instigator, but seeing as you just did, I'm going to pile on.

I only play 4 Championship courses in TV. I think Belle Glade, Evans Prairie and Southern Oaks. are 3 of the most uninspired golf course designs I've ever seen.

Lopez is a long ride and I don't think it's much of a golf course.

Havana, Hacienda & Cane Garden are in such lousy condition, I don't bother.

I play Palmer. Without a doubt, they have the BEST staff of any of the courses I play. The starters & ambassadors are almost without exception, good guys who work hard, keep things moving and know what they're doing.

I play Glenview. The starters are humorless and full of themselves and the ambassadors are useless. In my 300 rounds in TV, I've had to call the professional to complain about incompetent, rude staff, exactly 3 times. All 3 times, at Glenview.

I play Tierra del sol. Tierra del sol has the grumpiest, most incompetent starters in Florida. The are completely useless and can't come close to keeping things running on time. The only thing worse than talking with one of their starters (or trying to), is dealing with one of their ambassadors. Other than Brett, you'll never find an ambassador at TDS. When they're not hiding, they make sure not to drive within hailing distance of any players. My last 5 rounds at TDS, have been close to 5 hours. Great job, guys.

I play Mallory Hill. Great bunch of starters and ambassadors. Friendly, personable, helpful and they do their best to keep things moving. Hardly ever over 4 hours at Mallory. Partially course design, but the ambassadors get some credit.
All of your complaints about the starters ambassadors etc, will not help the course. These guys/gals probably hear the most complaints about the course conditions and have the least do with getting them fixed. Noted comments about fixing ball marks. I hit a high lofted shot into greens and greens are so hard that I can not find the ball mark
Old 03-10-2024, 05:11 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkingston57 View Post
All of your complaints about the starters ambassadors etc, will not help the course. These guys/gals probably hear the most complaints about the course conditions and have the least do with getting them fixed. Noted comments about fixing ball marks. I hit a high lofted shot into greens and greens are so hard that I can not find the ball mark
You must be playing off campus.

Tags
district, weekly, bulletin-, topic, executive

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.