Well, this is a real mystery. It is really troubling.

Closed Thread
Old 11-17-2007, 04:25 AM
Gold member
Default Re: Well, this is a real mystery. It is really troubling.

I agree with jjdees no commission no show. I have told people for years if you want your house sold list it at 8% and watch all of the realtors bring the prospects to their house. List it at 4% and wonder why no one is showing your home.

I like the idea of 3X5 cards that we, as TV residents, can put out around town. I would personally drop them in the best places for exposer.

As for people who knock The Villages Daily Sun. If you live in TV when you get your mail you can purchase a newspaper that will give you all of the bad news that you are seeking. I chose not to read that news since I watch the news on the television for about 4 minutes and remember why I moved to The Villages and walk around with a smile on my face everyday.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:31 AM

Amen on the news Indy. I too am tired of hearing who shot what and then killed him where.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:31 PM
Veteran member

I have a friend who had some experience in the family with depression. The first thing the doctor told the person to do was to turn off the TV
Old 11-18-2007, 05:36 AM

STOP IT..... STOP IT.... STOP IT!

At the risk of sounding Pollyannia, and I ,admit to that about myself.

People of the Villages.... Look around you.... Did it occur to you... "What did we do in our {former} life to deserve all that we have here in the Villages?". Now don't you dare accuse me of being anyone connected to "the family" but we live in the most beautiful place on earth, all of our needs are met and you all want to complain about the Village Sun not posting a "Thank you" ad from Jon. I love you Jon and can't thank you more for providing us with this WONDERFUL web site but Jon...... Please honey child, GET OVER IT! And thank your britches we all live here!
Old 11-18-2007, 11:55 AM
Send a message via AIM to smalldog

:arrow :dont know:
No grapes but lots of WHINE ........... they don't want your business then go elsewhere ......... if I'm in business do I have to do business with every one who walks in the door ......... I HOPE NOT :dont know:
Old 11-18-2007, 12:19 PM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbyduff
Now don't you dare accuse me of being anyone connected to "the family" but we live in the most beautiful place on earth, all of our needs are met and you all want to complain about the Village Sun not posting a "Thank you" ad from Jon. I love you Jon and can't thank you more for providing us with this WONDERFUL web site but Jon...... Please honey child, GET OVER IT! And thank your britches we all live here!
I worked hard all my life. I earned everything I have. The "family" (Villages developer) did nothing for me. I paid hundreds of thousands of dollars for my land and house. I owe them nothing. They owe me everything. IF it were not for you and me, the Villages would not exist. I could have lived anywhere I wanted, I chose the Villages based on the information (or lack of it) that was provided. Just because you chose to live here, does not mean that you can give up your obligation to society. We are still responsible citizens of America. We are not "subjects" of the Villages. If you wish to wear rose colored glasses and just be an "inhabitant" of The Villages, be my guest. I am, and always have been, a free thining, member of society. When I see a wrong, I feel the need to make it right. You may choose to "give up your freedom" in retirement. I don't. Don't ask me to and don't expect me too. "Get over it," is the battle cry of cowards.

BTW it's Jan not Jon.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:18 PM

As a non resident, let me add something to this (I know some don't want non residents adding anything.) We all make our own choices, and we have to live with them. But things change. When I moved to Florida 14-15 years ago, I chose Deltona, as it was a medium sized neighborhood with good schools, and not a city. Now its a bloated, blighted, bureaucratic monster of a city, and I feel its time to move on. We went to meetings, tried to preserve what we had, but the majority was against that. Just because TV is perfect now, doesn't mean it will stay that way. You can't just sit and wait until the changes happen, then complain and try to change it back, it just won't happen.
BTW Jan, you said in an earlier post that T-shirts have a upfront cost, there are many compies on the web, (Cafe press is one http://www.cafepress.com) that will print 1 up shirts with your artwork, without money up front.
gary
Old 11-18-2007, 08:10 PM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalldog
:arrow :dont know:
No grapes but lots of WHINE ........... they don't want your business then go elsewhere ......... if I'm in business do I have to do business with every one who walks in the door ......... I HOPE NOT :dont know:
I have been a long time customer of the Villages Daily Sun. I am a resident of the Villages and like everybody else, I pay my monthly fees. I try to be a good and productive member of the community. When the newspaper suddenly cancelled my ad, they refused to tell me why. I asked what had happened. They refused to answer. I asked if there will be a time when they will accept my ad, they refused to answer. I asked if there was anything in the ad that I could change to make it acceptable, they refused to answer. I guess that's their right. It's an aweful way to treat a good customer and resident, but it's their right.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:51 AM
Gold member

This is a forum. It is a place to discuss issues, exchange ideas, ask for information etc., as has been stated by others, it is a place also to agree to disagree.

Many interesting responses have come up on this thread. One has the choice to continue reading postings on this thread or not.

If you feel, you have read enough on this thread then you have the right to stop reading this thread, for all others who have found this thread worthwhile, then they will continue reading this thread.

My personal feeling is that something happened, folks have a right to know about it, and then decide if they want to comment or not.

For me, and I am speaking only for myself, I want to know what is happening. It helps me make a better decision.

Hyacinth Bucket
Old 11-19-2007, 01:23 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Another way to advertise....Talk Host, if you're so inclined, you could paint TOTV's website address all over your golf cart so it's visible for all to see. Or, have Russ (I think it's Russ) create one of those screens for your buggy.

now thats a couple of good ideas.......the golf carts are everywhere.... ;D ;D ;D ;D

fumar
Old 11-19-2007, 01:32 AM
Gold member

Great Fumar that is a good idea.

Now if he would park the golf cart in front of the entrance to TV's real estate office old, new and wannabe residence would see it.

I wonder what the reaction would be.

Hyacinth Bucket
Old 11-19-2007, 01:33 AM
Veteran member

Rock and Roll, Jan....perfect....the koolaid wears off after a bit...Keep it up!
Poughkeepsie, NY;Buckhannon, WV;Oak Bluffs, Mass;Suitland, MD;Salt Point, NY;Camp Lejeune, NC;Highland, NY;Manassas, VA;Colchester, VT;Brookfield, CT;Tucson, AZ;Brookfield, CT;The Villages, FL; Vietnam-1967 USMC
Old 11-20-2007, 02:31 AM
Eternal Member

Aren't some of us getting a little paranoid here?

The Daily Sun has a prerogative to print what it wants and to not print what it does not want to print. We have known this for years. Read the Orlando Sentinel and the Ocala Star Banner and compare it to the Daily Sun to figure that out.

Morse owns the newspaper and is not going to let any adverse advertisement get into the paper.

Based on this post and some of the other rants in the TOTV against the Villages, I can only assume that he is making sure that we are not in his list of advertisers.

Don't get me wrong - I love the TOTV and think that it does a great service to those that read and respond to it.

I just think that some of these posts dwell too much on what we do not need. And that is adverse publicity about the Villages.

I now put up my shield and wait for the rebuttal. :realmad:

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:02 PM
concernedvillager

TV Rule Number 1: The number one goal of the developer of TV is to sell new homes.

TV Rule Number 2: When making any decision relative to TV refer to Rule Number 1.

TV Daily Sun
The Daily Sun strictly adheres to Rule Number 1. Publish no stories that would be adverse to selling new homes. Publish no information in stories that would be adverse to selling new homes. This also applies to advertising sales. TOTV is seen as a threat to Rule Number 1. Therefore no more ad sales to TOTV. You would probably run into the same problem if you tried to advertise with TV Radio Station or TV Cable Channel.

Resales
The only reason TV is in the home resale business is to get access to buyers so that they can sell them new homes. They make lots more money selling new homes than they do selling resales. They also have a lot of money tied up in new homes and land so they need to sell those homes. They don't want outside real estate agencies getting in the middle of their efforts to sell new homes. Therefore they compete with them in the resale market.

A few years ago TV shut down their 2 real estate agencies, 1stVillage and Suncentral so that they could take their 92% market share of the resale market in TV and place it under the control of the new homes sales operation. The reason for doing this was very simple - to have more control of the buyer so that they can get a chance to sell them a new home. A side benefit was reducing competition with outside real estate agencies for access to buyers. They thought if the outside real estate agencies couldn't sell the 92% of the resales TV's controlled, they would have to go elsewhere to make a living. The good news is that the outside agencies market share has increased substantially. The bad news is that a buyer has to deal with multiple sales reps when buying a resale.

Sign Restrictions
Real Estate Signs are controlled by the deed restrictions that were created by the developer of TV. It is not an accident that no For Sale signs are allowed south of 466. Refer to Rule Number 1.

TV is a wonderful place to live. There is nothing wrong with understanding the dynamics of how and why decisions are made...especially decisions that could affect your quality of life in TV.

Old 11-20-2007, 05:31 PM
Sage
Default Well, this is a real mystery. It is really troubling.

Concerned Villager

What a pleasure to see such a sensible, unemotional and accurate portrayal of the TV real estate dynamics.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.