What is BIG? and when is it TOO BIG???

Closed Thread
Old 02-07-2014, 09:13 AM
Default What is BIG? and when is it TOO BIG???

I just can't help myself, seriously, I tried but the nagging question of "It's too Big" and when is it "TOO BIG" just begs critical analysis so that we may have insight into this eternal question. We know that when we try to 5 lbs. of something into a 2 lb. bag, well that's "too big". When we try to put a 40" waist into size 34 pants (or a size 8 into a 4 dress),, once again, we are "too big". But, at what point does the Villages become "TOO BIG"? Ahhh, there is the rub! For some, it is "too small", bring it on they say. Jump in, the waters fine! For others, "it's just right"! Don't need any more people, just tell them to go away. Close the door, we are the last one's allowed in. And then, (I know you're ready for this one) "IT"S TOO BIG"!!! I can't do my stuff, it's to crowded, busy, can't park, dear oh dear,,crap, crap, crap! For those I say in my not so humble opinion, my guess it becomes "too big" 5 nanoseconds after the closing docs are signed. The gawdawful snowbirds arrived. Paradise Lost. A wise man once told me that I should NEVER lodge a complaint unless I had a solution to offer. Maybe it isn't a workable solution BUT, put one forth. So, what should we do about this awful, unbearable situation that some feel compelled to complain about but offer no solution. Let's see:

1. They could move. Of course, that's ridiculous, they want everyone ELSE to move.

2. Put a ban on future homes. Oops, forgot, not our property, only that little piece of dirt we call home is ours.

3. Forbid snowbirds from New Jersey and New York to enter The Dome between January and March. Now THERE is a solution that would solve many of the pesky issues. But doubt if the idea would get much support.

4.Or, a mantra kinda like "It's about the Lifestyle", lets call it, "So what, Who Cares, Whatever",,have a GREAT Day!!!
Old 02-07-2014, 09:45 AM
Veteran member

IMO, the phrase "Too Big", mainly refers to strained capacity of infrastructure and services.

Since the strain is seasonal, I am not sure there will be a solution during peak season.
Old 02-07-2014, 09:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,802 Times in 1,391 Posts

I really think this horse is dead.

And was summarily shot many, MANY times in another thread.

But just in case....
Old 02-07-2014, 10:38 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Complaining about TV being " too big" is like complaining about the
" weather". and like the weather can get even worse TV will get even bigger
Old 02-07-2014, 10:52 AM
Gold member

I believe that as long as the developer builds the correct amount of amenities, TV could continue to grow forever as far as I'm concerned. But if the Morse's decide to continue building houses but cut back on new golf courses, rec centers, pools, etc. then the place will have become too big. We tend to stay close to home here North of 466, only use local rec centers and pools, seldom use the championship courses south of 466a, and never to down there to use the executive courses. I believe that most residents in the south probably do the same.
Old 02-07-2014, 10:56 AM
Veteran member
Talking

Shoot.. I read the title .. "Too Big "and got excited.. and here it was just about the dead horse of development...
Old 02-07-2014, 11:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,428 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
I really think this horse is dead.

And was summarily shot many, MANY times in another thread.

But just in case....
I agree.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,428 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlinguy View Post
I just can't help myself, seriously, I tried but the nagging question of "It's too Big" and when is it "TOO BIG" just begs critical analysis so that we may have insight into this eternal question. We know that when we try to 5 lbs. of something into a 2 lb. bag, well that's "too big". When we try to put a 40" waist into size 34 pants (or a size 8 into a 4 dress),, once again, we are "too big". But, at what point does the Villages become "TOO BIG"? Ahhh, there is the rub! For some, it is "too small", bring it on they say. Jump in, the waters fine! For others, "it's just right"! Don't need any more people, just tell them to go away. Close the door, we are the last one's allowed in. And then, (I know you're ready for this one) "IT"S TOO BIG"!!! I can't do my stuff, it's to crowded, busy, can't park, dear oh dear,,crap, crap, crap! For those I say in my not so humble opinion, my guess it becomes "too big" 5 nanoseconds after the closing docs are signed. The gawdawful snowbirds arrived. Paradise Lost. A wise man once told me that I should NEVER lodge a complaint unless I had a solution to offer. Maybe it isn't a workable solution BUT, put one forth. So, what should we do about this awful, unbearable situation that some feel compelled to complain about but offer no solution. Let's see:

1. They could move. Of course, that's ridiculous, they want everyone ELSE to move.

2. Put a ban on future homes. Oops, forgot, not our property, only that little piece of dirt we call home is ours.

3. Forbid snowbirds from New Jersey and New York to enter The Dome between January and March. Now THERE is a solution that would solve many of the pesky issues. But doubt if the idea would get much support.

4.Or, a mantra kinda like "It's about the Lifestyle", lets call it, "So what, Who Cares, Whatever",,have a GREAT Day!!!
Maybe you misssed this thread:
Is The Villages getting too big?
Old 02-07-2014, 03:59 PM
Sage
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlinguy View Post

Want to put the brakes on growth in The Villages? All we have to do is stop being America's friendliest hometown. For example, if someone waves to you, you give them the ............(hand gesture).
Old 02-07-2014, 05:33 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages PL View Post
Want to put the brakes on growth in The Villages? All we have to do is stop being America's friendliest hometown. For example, if someone waves to you, you give them the ............(hand gesture).
But... but... but... VPL! How could we ever do that? Why we don't even know what you look like! The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.